Author Topic: University research - interviews wanted!  (Read 17363 times)

doare.

Re: University research - interviews wanted!
« Reply #75 on: March 16, 2016, 09:35:42 PM »
Marshmallow, I am not surprised, it must be terrible for everyone who lives near a peace wall...They have my sympathy...altho I do think it would be worse if the Walls were taken down...imo
I lived in percy st for a few years, we had an AA meeting in one of the houses slated for demolition, I was setting the meeting up one night, I heard noises, it was the brit patrol, black faces and all, the officer looked around the room at the slogans and paraphernalia, he asked me "what is this? I said it is a movement to help people to sober up, he said, really? that is the most positive thing I have seen here, it is sure needed..lol.. "carry on"..and they departed...it was difficult at first to get anyone to come, because it was so close to the peace line, people from white rock and other nationalist areas are fairly secure, they are not on the edge as it were....
"You see things; you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say 'Why not? ....shaw..

Marshmallow

« Reply #76 on: March 16, 2016, 10:05:24 PM »
Thankfully I never lived near the walls but as they are now being progressively taken down, I hope people aren't thrown back into fear of the other side. If they are, then the walls might well be resurrected.

From the tragic events of the past two weeks, it seems there are still people out there who would love to see just that!  :(
Some of us are here!

RebeccaK

« Reply #77 on: April 06, 2016, 08:54:44 PM »
Hello all! I just wanted to give you a short update as I have not been online for a while:

The research is going great! Just today I received information from the PSNI on police costs during the marching season. They were very thorough in their response and I'm really, really glad it worked, because I can now show that indeed, police costs have risen since 2010. I initially wanted to start from 2009, but the stats weren't complete, so I am now going for the past few years.

Now all the research that's left for me to do is to read up some more on the Troubles so that I can get a clearer vision of how to fill in my paper. Added to that, I need to put this into a European perspective, but I feel this is going to work out very well :)

McNamee

« Reply #78 on: April 06, 2016, 08:56:48 PM »
All the best and I hope it all goes well for you.

Good luck O0

brixmis

« Reply #79 on: April 27, 2016, 12:30:40 PM »
I grew up in the 70s and 80s in north Belfast.
We used to enjoy what has now been labelled as "recreational rioting" in Alexandra Park. It was fighting for something to do. In all those years the park was never divided.
However, in 1994 when the alleged peace agreement was made, they put metal railings across the park to keep both sides apart.
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers.
Support Soldier F. He's my brother.
Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

RebeccaK

« Reply #80 on: May 03, 2016, 08:53:40 PM »
Hello all! Another short update. I just finished the draft version of my paper which will be discussed in our seminar next Tuesday. The final version is due later this month and I am guessing that by June, I will have my final grade. I'll need to translate it into English for those of you who want to read it, but that is no big deal seeing as a lot of you have helped me out so much.  :)

Happy Harry

« Reply #81 on: May 03, 2016, 09:50:55 PM »
That's fantastic! It would be great if you could translate it into English, Irish and Ulster Scots, in keeping with our new spirit of inclusiveness.
The past is a foreign country. They do things differently there.

doare.

« Reply #82 on: May 03, 2016, 10:12:36 PM »
Hello all! Another short update. I just finished the draft version of my paper which will be discussed in our seminar next Tuesday. The final version is due later this month and I am guessing that by June, I will have my final grade. I'll need to translate it into English for those of you who want to read it, but that is no big deal seeing as a lot of you have helped me out so much.  :)
good luck, sure if you can post it on here would be interesting to see it...
"You see things; you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say 'Why not? ....shaw..

RebeccaK

« Reply #83 on: May 03, 2016, 10:14:03 PM »
Sure, if you teach me how! :P

And I'd love to post it here once it's done and graded.

doare.

« Reply #84 on: May 03, 2016, 10:16:03 PM »
Sure, if you teach me how! :P

And I'd love to post it here once it's done and graded.
what form would it be in? can you copy and paste it? I am no expert either...must be a way you can create a link, then those in interested could access it..

Bigali

« Reply #85 on: May 03, 2016, 10:18:02 PM »
what form would it be in? can you copy and paste it? I am no expert either...must be a way you can create a link, then those in interested could access it..

Come on now Doare you are a copy and paste expert !  ::)
Support Soldier F Support Soldier B

The courageous deeds and sacrifices of the RUC and UDR must never be airbrushed from history .

RebeccaK

« Reply #86 on: May 03, 2016, 10:19:07 PM »

It would be a word document originally, but all of the layout would be gone if I just copy-pasted it to the forum and it's approximately 4000 words long, so... that would sure be quite the read! I'll figure something out.

Marshmallow

« Reply #87 on: May 03, 2016, 10:23:11 PM »
https://www.box.com/en_GB/personal/store-files-online/

This may be the answer. If you upload the file to the site, you can post a link for others to view it.

:)
Some of us are here!

JackM

« Reply #88 on: May 04, 2016, 01:06:27 PM »

Justice for the Massacred of La Mon and other atrocities.  The TRUTH will set them FREE.
Justice for the RUC and British Army. Support Soldier F

Dot/dash

love me          love my gelding