Author Topic: Public Record Office NI. Balmoral Avenue.  (Read 32280 times)

jp08

Re: Public Record Office NI. Balmoral Avenue.
« Reply #75 on: August 22, 2008, 01:25:53 AM »
How can I get these records? do you know please.

I'd recommend going to www.ancestryireland.com first and search their BMD database. You'll get the date and father's name as index data (for free) and you can buy the full record informaion for 4. If you prefer the 'real thing' then apply to the GRO on their form and you'll get a hardcopy of the relevant certificate - this is about 11.

If ancestryireland.com don't have the records, try www.irish-roots.ie which goes beyond Antrim and Down. If you are doing this a lot or you need to cast a wider net, then a subscription to emeraldancestors is useful or just post queries in the relevant forum/threads here.

Betty Boo

« Reply #76 on: August 22, 2008, 01:53:37 AM »
Hi again jp,

I already have all the information and details of my great grandparents marriage from www.ancestryireland.com and I have the baptism of my grandmother from the actual church records along with her sisters baptism too, these births are also on www.ancestryireland.com.  I just can't get the actual certificates from GRONI, they say they couldn't find them.

This is the marriage!!

Field  Value
Type  Marriages
Date Of Marriage  28/05/1875
Husband Firstname  NICHOLAS
Husband Surname  KEARNEY
Husband Townland / Street  MILLFIELD
Husband Occupation   
Husband Age   
Husband Denomination  Roman Catholic
Husband Marital Status   
Husband Father Firstname  NICHOLAS
Husband Father Surname  KEARNEY
Husband Father Occupation   
Husband Mother Firstname  MARGARET
Husband Mother Surname   
Husband Witness Firstname  LUKE
Husband Witness Surname  MCCANN
Wife Firstname  MARGARET
Wife Surname  KENNEDY
Wife Townland / Street  MILLFIELD
Wife Occupation   
Wife Age   
Wife Denomination  Roman Catholic
Wife Marital Status   
Wife Father Firstname  JAMES
Wife Father Surname  KENNEDY
Wife Father Occupation   
Wife Mother Firstname  MARY
Wife Mother Surname   
Wife Witness Firstname  ELIZABETH
Wife Witness Surname  MCSHANE
Denomination   
Comment  REV J ONEILL 1 0 0. 
Street  ST MARY'S Roman Catholic
Town  BELFAST
Area  SHANKILL CARNMONEY
County  CO ANTRIM

Betty

jp08

« Reply #77 on: August 27, 2008, 03:13:15 PM »
I already have all the information and details of my great grandparents marriage from www.ancestryireland.com and I have the baptism of my grandmother from the actual church records along with her sisters baptism too, these births are also on www.ancestryireland.com.  I just can't get the actual certificates from GRONI, they say they couldn't find them.

It is quite possible that they don't have it - not even misfiled - but you have the church records so that's pretty good.  So what avenue do you want to pursue now?

Betty Boo

« Reply #78 on: August 28, 2008, 12:29:45 AM »
Hi jp,

I am not sure really where I should go from here!!

I just wanted to know the siblings of my grandmother Mary Carney but it does look like I will ever find out. I really only know about her sister Catherine because she married in Scotland.

Betty

jp08

« Reply #79 on: August 28, 2008, 02:16:22 AM »
I just wanted to know the siblings of my grandmother Mary Carney but it does look like I will ever find out. I really only know about her sister Catherine because she married in Scotland.

If they were baptised in the same place then the church records will help. If there is no opportunity to view these, you could just pay for records of those with the same surname born in the same area in the correct time frame. If you use AncestryIreland it'll give the father's name so some speculation is removed. I have done this and it has turned up siblings I didn't know about although usually because they died very young.

So, for example, there are these records;

KEARNEY    PATRICK 1890    NICHOLAS    Antrim
KEARNEY    JOSEPH    1896    NICHOLAS    Antrim

These look about right given the information provided but there's no guarantee!

Andi

« Reply #80 on: August 28, 2008, 01:51:15 PM »
Hi Betty Boo
Have you tried a search on the LDS website? Just Google 'Family Search' and the site should come up ok.  If you are trying to find siblings of the same parents you can do a 'parents search'.  This means you type in the name of both parents in the relevant fields and if it has the details will show them.  I've used it on a few occasions with some success.   :) O0

jp08

« Reply #81 on: August 28, 2008, 02:20:50 PM »
Hi Betty Boo
Have you tried a search on the LDS website? Just Google 'Family Search' and the site should come up ok.  If you are trying to find siblings of the same parents you can do a 'parents search'.  This means you type in the name of both parents in the relevant fields and if it has the details will show them.  I've used it on a few occasions with some success.   :) O0

Good suggestion which I should have mentioned. I had thought she had the record of the sister but it was Mary and not Margaret;

Margaret Ann Kearney    Pedigree
        Female    
   Birth:     25 JUN 1877     Belfast, Antrim, Ireland

The problem with the parent search on www.FamilySearch.org is that you can't do exact spelling or set the country and it can throw up lots of junk depending on the surname.  Emerald have a better implementation.

Visiting a local LDS centre may be fruitful depending on where she is in Scotland.

Betty Boo

« Reply #82 on: August 29, 2008, 02:14:05 PM »
Hi again pj, :)

Sorry for late reply but had problems with a bad virus on my computer, couldn't get rid of it for a while.

Anyway I have tried the LDS website Family Search and I did also find that Margaret Ann Kearney birth in 1877 the parents are the same as my grandmother Nicholas Kearney and Margaret Kennedy so I think she must have been another sister of my grandmother but I can't find this Margaret Ann anywhere.   The family were in Liverpool in some of the census but I can't find them again as they went back and forth to Ireland and then eventually the parents died in Scotland Nicholas in 1911 and his wife Margaret in 1934.  The had mass baptisms for the children born in Liverpool, somehow they wanted them baptised in Belfast in the same church where the parents married.

I have the Mother Margaret Carney with just one son Richard who was a barber in the Scottish census in 1891, the father Nicholas is not with them, can't find him anywhere.  I also can't find any of the family in the 1901 census either, waiting for the Scottish 1911 census to see whats there as the father Nicholas died after the 1911 census was taken.

Betty

jp08

« Reply #83 on: August 29, 2008, 02:21:03 PM »
I think she must have been another sister of my grandmother but I can't find this Margaret Ann anywhere. 

It is possible she died young of course. What do you think about Joseph and Patrick? Are they not likely candidates due to timing? I would have thought the name Nicholas Kearney would be pretty sparse on the ground - although they could be more distantly related.

Betty Boo

« Reply #84 on: September 05, 2008, 11:41:46 PM »
Hello again pj :),

Thanks for you message I did see your previous post about:-

So, for example, there are these records;

KEARNEY    PATRICK 1890    NICHOLAS    Antrim
KEARNEY    JOSEPH    1896    NICHOLAS    Antrim

Yes these also can be brothers of my grandmothers but I can't be sure as there is a very big gap between Mary Kearney's birth in 1878 and her sister Catherine's birth in 1880 to the two above. Nicholas and Margaret the parents married in 1875 so these birth of Patrick and Jodeph would have been 15 and 21 years after the marriage.

The father Nicholas died in 1911?

I still can't get my head around all this!!! :idiot2:

Betty

jp08

« Reply #85 on: September 06, 2008, 03:13:21 AM »
KEARNEY    PATRICK 1890    NICHOLAS    Antrim
KEARNEY    JOSEPH    1896    NICHOLAS    Antrim

Yes these also can be brothers of my grandmothers but I can't be sure as there is a very big gap between Mary Kearney's birth in 1878 and her sister Catherine's birth in 1880 to the two above.

Yes, there is a big gap which may rule it out. However, it is not impossible. I have come across some people that gave birth to 16 children over a circa 25 year period! Not all children survived into adulthood of course.

The other possibility that I might guess at is that the other Nicholas is more distantly related - it could be a cousin of your g-grandmother, for instance. I suspect some connection only because Nicholas isn't that common - one caveat is that there may have been another reason at the time for Nicholas to be popular but I don't have the statistics for that.

If you can I would take a look at the certs for these guys and see what it reveals. Alas, Emerald doesn't have these people.

Betty Boo

« Reply #86 on: September 06, 2008, 01:28:18 PM »
Hi again JP,

Sorry I forgot to mention before, I am just waiting on the 1911 Scottish census as Nicholas John Carney the father of my grandmother died in September that year aged 57 in the Glasgow Deninstoun area.
Maybe with a bit of luck I will find something there on the 1911 census, the wife of Nicholas Carney, Margaret died in Dundee 1934 aged 70 and is listed as the wife on Nicholas John Carney, it also gives her parents names too.  My grandfather, husband of my grandmother Mary Carney (daughter of Nicholas and Margaret) registered the death.

Betty

delane

« Reply #87 on: January 30, 2009, 12:19:50 PM »
hi,everyone, i have just find my family roots, they came up from dublin to belfast, 1880. my ggrandfather was born in dublin-city, i want too try & get his birth cert,. can i get a postal order in euroes, from england ? i don,t have a bank card, can anyone help..all the best,..delane...
the older you get the worse you get..

22may

« Reply #88 on: February 23, 2009, 12:45:43 AM »
DELA NE  PERSON   LOOKING INFO  ON HARDINGE  ST  ON   THIS  THREAD   MOONDOG

McErlean

« Reply #89 on: March 12, 2009, 09:34:41 PM »
Hi Can anyone have a look through the records for me the next time you are there please  :)

What i am looking for is William McErlean and Mary Ann Doherty, they were married on the 10 Oct 1873 in Portglenone, Antrim or possibley County Derry. they had 6 children that i know of Michael, Hugh, Rose, William, Anthony, and Mary Ann McErlean. but it also gets spelt McErlane, if anyone can giv me birth dates or any other info consurning William McErlean/McErlane or his Parents, it would be much appreciated. ;)

Thanks a lot
 McErlean