Author Topic: Corporal William Bell Royal Irish Rifles  (Read 572 times)

melv

Corporal William Bell Royal Irish Rifles
« on: March 18, 2016, 12:13:45 PM »
Earlier this month I and 3 other cousins traveled to France to pay our respects to our great uncle, William Bell 9th bn R.I.R.
It was the 100th anniversary of his death on the 08/03/1916 he was only 22. and,  is buried in Bertrancourt Military Cemetery
We also took time to visit other cemetery's in the area, I found it a very sobering and humbling experience,  and something I will never forget.
To all those who died in battle, from whatever nation, creed or colour, RESPECT.   Sam.
C.O.Y.S.

melv

Re: Corporal William Bell Royal Irish Rifles
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2016, 06:20:57 PM »
9nyhf.jpg[/
C.O.Y.S.

melv

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2016, 06:34:22 PM »
C.O.Y.S.

melv

C.O.Y.S.

Bell18

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2018, 06:00:01 PM »
Hi could you shed light on where this William bell was from ?

Graham

derdrei

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2018, 11:57:42 PM »
Earlier this month I and 3 other cousins traveled to France to pay our respects to our great uncle, William Bell 9th bn R.I.R.
It was the 100th anniversary of his death on the 08/03/1916 he was only 22. and,  is buried in Bertrancourt Military Cemetery
We also took time to visit other cemetery's in the area, I found it a very sobering and humbling experience,  and something I will never forget.
To all those who died in battle, from whatever nation, creed or colour, RESPECT.   Sam.
hi melv my mums first husband was only very young they had 3 little one,s he GOD BLESS him is buried in FRANCE . we seen the grave by photo his name is on it and they are very well looked after he was HENRY MULCAHY also in ROYAL IRISH RIFLES.