Author Topic: Ann O'Neill & Thomas Connery 1891 marriage Belfast  (Read 472 times)

Loneygrandchild

Ann O'Neill & Thomas Connery 1891 marriage Belfast
« on: April 03, 2016, 05:32:24 PM »
Hi, I need your help with a brickwall I’ve hit…
I am looking for the birth of Ann O’Neill born to Peter O’Neill & Mary Bogue/Boag.
I have birth/death/marriage/children/census info for her parents & siblings:
1864 John born Liverpool, Belfast born 1866 James, 1869 Mary, 1871 Catherine, 1874 Peter, 1876 Francis (my great granda) & 1878 Peter.
I was unaware of a daughter called Ann until I got some of my Great Granda Francis O’Neills army records. In an 1892 document he records a younger sister named Ann, that’s it, nothing else.
I have searched Belfast, Liverpool, Ireland for this birth with no luck.
I have my O’Neills living in 122 Milford Street from 1876 until 1895 when their father Peter died.
Yesterday (16th March) on rootsireland I discovered the marriage of Ann O’Neill daughter of Peter O’Neill. I got the record & was AMAZED to discover it was Ann O’Neill of 122 Milford Street!!!
Marriage 4th April 1891 in St Peters RC, Belfast:
Ann O’Neill 122 Milford Street, father Peter O’Neill, mother Mary O’Neill to
Thomas Connery 66 Pound Street, father Daniel Connery, mother Catherine Connery.
Witnesses: Daniel Connery & Catherine Connery.
Unable to find marriage on GRONI.
I then searched for children of this couple, no luck so I looked for deaths, again no luck.
Can you help???
I have the 1888 marriage of Thomas Connerys brother:
Daniel Connery of 66 Pound Street to Catherine McGlone of 48 Cinnamond Street, witnesses were Thomas O’Connor & Mary O’Neill.
(Daniel & Catherine Connery witnesses to Ann O’Neill/Thomas Connery marriage).
Children of Daniel Connery & Catherine McGlone recorded as:
1889 Joseph Connor of 48 Cinnamond Street
1890 Dominick Connor of 42 Cinnamond Street
1892 Daniel Connor of 42 Ormond Street. Married Lizzie Brady 1912 in St Malachys.

Name change from Connery to Connor.
Other names recorded as O’Connor & Convrey so I’m having difficulties tracing family members.
Dempsey Rooney McGivern Nolan Hughes O'Neill Bogue O'Hara Boyle Madden Donnelly Downey Fegan Foster Farr Sheils McCormack Gracey Gallagher McDowell

Loneygrandchild

Re: Ann O'Neill & Thomas Connery 1891 marriage Belfast
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2016, 05:56:41 PM »
I think I'll just answer myself!!!
I was looking over my O'Neill census records when I discover that I have already saved Annie Connor without knowing who she was!!!
1901 in 45 Bow Street, living with my O'Neills. I've been wondering for 6 years who Annie Connor was!!!
Only finding the marriage yesterday has helped clear up part of the puzzle!!!
I also now know she was born in England!!!
Dempsey Rooney McGivern Nolan Hughes O'Neill Bogue O'Hara Boyle Madden Donnelly Downey Fegan Foster Farr Sheils McCormack Gracey Gallagher McDowell

Loneygrandchild

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2016, 08:21:00 PM »
I took a chance & purchased death cert for Thomas Connery 13.10.1900.
Luckily it was the right one. His widow is Annie Connery.
Present at death: Catherine O'Neill, sister in law.

Couldn't find a death for Annie so looked for a 2nd marriage:
11.11.1905 St Peters RC, Belfast:
Annie Connery, widow, daughter of Peter O'Neill married Charles Maguire, widower of Patrick Maguire, Nail Street.
Witnesses: Peter O'Neill & Bridget Mellon (Mallon?)
No luck on census.

Willy49

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2019, 11:15:57 AM »
Bonjour,

désolé pour mon anglais, j'espère que vous pourrez me comprendre.

Je suis française et je recherche mes origines irlandaises. ma recherche me porte à penser que nous sommes de la même famille.

- mon arrière-arrière grand-père (James O'Neill) est fils de Peter O'Neill et Mary O'neill (122, rue Milford)
- il s'est marié avec Mary Neeson (56 rue Milford) le 25 décembre 1891 et a vécu (126 rue Milford)
- Ils ont eu 3 enfants: Mary, Sarah, née en janvier 1900 (mon arrière-grand-mère) et Peter né en 1901/1902.
- Sarah et Peter ont été élevés par leur grand-mère Anne Neeson
- Sarah a quitté l'Irlande entre 1920 et 1926 pour venir en france

J'espère que vous pourrez me donner plus d'informations.

Fin avril, j'emmène ma grand-mère (86 ans) en Irlande pour qu'elle découvre le pays où sa mère est née.

Merci

Willy49

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2019, 11:18:50 AM »
hello,

sorry for my english, i hope you can understand.

i'm french and i'm looking for my irish origins my research leads me to think that we are of the same family

- my great great grand father (james o'neill) is son of Peter o'neill and Mary O'neill (122 milford street)
- he got married with Mary Neeson (56 Milford street) in 25 december 1891 and lived (126 milford street)
- they had 3 childrens Mary, Sarah born in january 1900 (my great grand mother) and Peter born in 1901/1902
- Sarah and peter were raised by their grandmother Anne Neeson
- Sarah left ireland to come to france between 1920 and 1926

i hope you can give me more information.

in end of april i bring my grand-mother (86 years old) to ireland to she discover the country where her mother was born.

Loneygrandchild

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2019, 11:35:20 AM »
Hi Willy49, I am delighted to hear from you & yes we definitely share relatives.
I have been looking for information on the children of James O'Neill & Mary Neeson for a long time with no success.
I guessed that they may have been raised by their maternal grandmother but with so many O'Neill's in Belfast it was really difficult to find them.

I have quite a bit of information to share with you & am looking forward to learning about your family.
I am sending you a private message so we can share more information,

LGC