Author Topic: Latter Day Saints Family History Centre. East Belfast  (Read 4177 times)

Christopher

Latter Day Saints Family History Centre. East Belfast
« on: July 28, 2006, 12:26:31 PM »
The LDS FHC in Belfast is located at ...
401, Holywood Road.
Phone 028 90 768250
Please contact the LDS FHC to check opening hours before calling.
In case you are not resident in UK here is the website showing addresses of the LDS elsewhere in the UK

Mageeka

Re: Latter Day Saints Family History Centre. East Belfast
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2006, 01:18:45 PM »
Chris
Thje LDS database is online
Google "Family Search LDS "
Some of the dates are wrong. Instead of giving the actual DOB they sometimes give the birth ,as the day of registration which was not law I believe until around 1865

Christopher

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2006, 02:19:31 PM »
Hiya Mageeka, not only the dates are wrong. Some of the people are listed more than once .. they even have a different date of birth with the same parents. In some cases this may be a later child given the same Christian name but this is not the case in all instances. The LDS site relies, like all genealogy sites, on contributors posting details. Some of the contributors do not make an effort to check the authenticity of the information they post. It would be a big help if LDS asked everyone for the source of their information.
Civil Registrations for England and Wales commenced on 1st July 1837
Irish Birth and death registrations commenced on 1st January 1864
Non Catholic marriages were first registered in 1845 and all marriages by 1864

eddiec

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2006, 08:59:51 PM »
The LDS online is a good guide but only as a guide as I have also found infomation which is incorrect BUT is good starting point.

The FHC in Belfast while they have copies of the Birth, Death and Marriage indexs on microfilm they do not have copies of all the certificates.  They also have the films for the 1901 census and an incomplete set of films for the 1911 census.
Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please.  <i>Mark Twain</i>