Author Topic: Sad Day At NW 200  (Read 1810 times)

old3wheeler

Sad Day At NW 200
« on: May 15, 2016, 11:47:42 AM »
So sad to hear that Malachi Mitchell Thomas died in an accident at the NW200, He was it seemed set to become a star in road racing after having some fantastic results early on this season, Tragically it was not to be my condolences to all Malachi,s family and friends as well as to his team .
Rest in peace Malachi and thank you for the memories , Regards Ken
" outside of a dog " a book is mans best friend,
inside of a dog is far to dark to read."

kraftcheese

Re: Sad Day At NW 200
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2016, 08:32:59 AM »
There seems to be two threads about this.  Same goes for me O3W.  Very sad indeed.  Condolences to this young man's family.
Omnia in finem bona sunt. Si non bona non finis est.

Orior

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 11:06:20 AM »
There seems to be two threads about this.  Same goes for me O3W.  Very sad indeed.  Condolences to this young man's family.

There will be more road racing deaths this year, and next year and the year after that.
Does the government not have a responsibility to protect people from themselves?
I propose to stop the killing and keep all motorcycle racing on the track.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

old3wheeler

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2016, 12:00:35 PM »
There will be more road racing deaths this year, and next year and the year after that.
Does the government not have a responsibility to protect people from themselves?
I propose to stop the killing and keep all motorcycle racing on the track.

i  for one would love the racing fraternity to have a world class track were international events like World Superbikes or Moto Gp , FI etc etc races could be staged , There was an opportunity be it a small one when the local Football ,Gaelic, and Rugby organisations bitched so much over the 76 million odd pounds they were offered that the money went begging or what ever lol,  Perhaps it could have been used to build a world class race track at the old maze site but alas was not to be .
 But the problem is Orior  as ive said before we could have 10 world class circuits throughout all of Ireland and a huge majority of riders would still not wish to ride them , They do not give them the same trill as a pure road race does.
Seems mad some wish to race on roads but its a fact and until the urge not to dice with death is removed from these people i think road racing will continue , Regards Ken
" outside of a dog " a book is mans best friend,
inside of a dog is far to dark to read."