Author Topic: Great result tonite for O,W C  (Read 2058 times)

old3wheeler

Great result tonite for O,W C
« on: June 16, 2016, 08:52:27 PM »
Great win tonite for Northern Ireland  and well deserved id say , Lets hope they can at least get through to the play off,s and into the last knock out rounds, But it may be tinged with sadness ive just heard a N IRE Supporter took ill and died at the ground , NOT confirmed yet by the press but my son has said the sad affair did happen , Really puts things in perspective , Regards KEN
" outside of a dog " a book is mans best friend,
inside of a dog is far to dark to read."

GandT

Re: Great result tonite for O,W C
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2016, 07:39:56 PM »
Surprised that there are not more responses to this post. It was a great win and thoroughly deserved. Great illustration of how good management, coaching and team spirit can overcome limitations and produce excellent performance. In the case of the Republic, Belgium were always going to prove very, very difficult to beat and, on the break, they were brilliant. However, unlike the first match and in teams led by Martin O'Neill and Roy Keane, something seemed lacking in both spirit and ability on this occasion. Germany and Italy? Well, who knows? When NI and ROI are the underdogs and all the odds seem against them they can often surprise us. I hope they both can on this occasion. The deaths of the people are tragic but to this point both sets of fans have been exemplary - they always have been when abroad - let's hope that continues as well. Hope the Ulster boys are still making noise and small birds are still on the wing around the fields of Athenry by next week!

old3wheeler

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2016, 07:45:55 PM »
Surprised that there are not more responses to this post. It was a great win and thoroughly deserved. Great illustration of how good management, coaching and team spirit can overcome limitations and produce excellent performance. In the case of the Republic, Belgium were always going to prove very, very difficult to beat and, on the break, they were brilliant. However, unlike the first match and in teams led by Martin O'Neill and Roy Keane, something seemed lacking in both spirit and ability on this occasion. Germany and Italy? Well, who knows? When NI and ROI are the underdogs and all the odds seem against them they can often surprise us. I hope they both can on this occasion. The deaths of the people are tragic but to this point both sets of fans have been exemplary - they always have been when abroad - let's hope that continues as well. Hope the Ulster boys are still making noise and small birds are still on the wing around the fields of Athenry by next week!
[/quote

What can be said about all Irish fans North and south apart from well done to both but as we already know it is the norm for them, My son is in France and met with lads from the Republic in a camp site in Lyon , The southern lads were going to watch OwC LOL, also Welsh lads doing like wise,  Craig has told me that the bond between all fans in the site was fantastic and such a great experience one he will never forget,
   I would love to see both North and South getting through but realise both face tough opposition so its not going to be easy but " Dare to Dream " as they say and who knows .   Good luck lads  , Regards Ken

old3wheeler

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2016, 10:11:11 AM »
What a team, What a army of supporters, Tis unbelievable what O.W.C has achieved as for the Fans I have never seen ANY Country whose fans don't stop singing ,dancing, bouncing not stop in every game they have played, Their behaviour is truly magnificent and a credit to all the fans who have spent thousands of pound to follow OWC worldwide , I wish Republic of Ireland good luck in their last game against Italy it would be wonderful if they got a win and also  qualified, And well done to their fans also for their exemplary behaviour also,
Wales Or France don't really mind we can beat both lol   GREEN AND WHITE ARMY, GREEN AND WHITE ARMY  Regards Ken

Dam cant get emotion faces to load lol HEELLLLPPPP