Author Topic: Old Negatives  (Read 1462 times)

delane

Old Negatives
« on: June 20, 2016, 04:14:14 PM »
Hi,Forum..I Have aFew Very Old Negatives 2" Inches Wide" & Very Dark in Colour'  is There Anywhere were i Can Get Them Developed..Some How...or Someone Still Does There Own Photos At There Place Of Work..It SeemsThe Negatives Are To Large For The Machines"  Can you Help!.Regards.Delane...
the older you get the worse you get..

The Murph

Re: Old Negatives
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2016, 04:50:07 PM »
Hi,Forum..I Have aFew Very Old Negatives 2" Inches Wide" & Very Dark in Colour'  is There Anywhere were i Can Get Them Developed..Some How...or Someone Still Does There Own Photos At There Place Of Work..It SeemsThe Negatives Are To Large For The Machines"  Can you Help!.Regards.Delane...
Dont know where you are, but you will be able to find photo labs in most towns. They will be able to do something for you.
Another way is to use your digital camera. Put the negative in front of white platic or cloth which has a bright light shining through. Take a photo. You may have to steady the camera by sitting it on something. When viewing it on the computer, most viewers have an invert function which will turn your negative into a positive. Hope that helps.
Regards
Blessed are the cracked, they will let in the light.

macroyal

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2016, 04:51:19 PM »
i got a 30 scanner and it has an added negative scanner attachment that can adjust for any size. its a Medion from tescos, if you google scanners for negatives i am sure you will find something, the last time i took negatives to a photo shop i was charged 86 for about 40 pictures

delane

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2016, 05:47:53 PM »
Great info guys..Back in the days there were  we shops everywhere goto shops..now no one seems to offer much help..or Moan about the size of the Negative. .will try what you guys have said..many thanks ..Delano. .

Littledan

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2016, 06:39:36 PM »

Hi,I would try the Kennedy centre. I was there today,I did notice someone was repairing photos
They might be able to help you there is no harm trying.

delane

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2018, 10:25:26 PM »
Thx so much Will take It go on board and give it a go..all the best..