Author Topic: Whieldon, Arthur  (Read 685 times)

Kathryn

Whieldon, Arthur
« on: July 31, 2016, 07:58:19 AM »
Hi. Looking for the children of late Arthur Whieldon. His late brother's name was Lesley Wilkinson Whieldon. Their parents were Horace and Rebecca Whieldon of Old Street, Malahide. Would just like to meet the children. The may well be in their 70's 😀 

sam barry

Re: Whieldon, Arthur
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2016, 05:22:28 PM »
Kathryn :
Is there a Belfast/N.Ireland connection ?
Malahide is a suburb of Dublin, and the only "Whieldon's" in the 1911 Census are all in the Dublin area:
  Surname   Forename   Townland/Street   DED   County   Age   Sex
Whieldon   Arthur William   Burrow South (covers all of Burrow Townland in Howth Parish)   Howth   Dublin   42   M
Whieldon   Sabina   Burrow South (covers all of Burrow Townland in Howth Parish)   Howth           Dublin   75   F
Whieldon   Rebecca   St. Lawrence Road   Clontarf West                                                           Dublin   25   F
Whieldon   Horace   St. Lawrence Road   Clontarf West                                                         Dublin   38   M

There are 2 "Whieldon" names on the Belfast City Cemetery burial records:
 Occupants of grave D 2075, Roselawn Cemetery
Forename   Surname   Age   Date of death   Date of burial   Cemetery    Details    Record image
Gertrude May   Whieldon   81   21 October 1988   24 October 1988                           Roselawn Cemetery   
Arthur Shanks   Whieldon   51 Yrs   12 November 1962   14 November 1962   Roselawn Cemetery   

Could they be relatives ?

ms

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2016, 02:21:10 PM »
hello
is this your lesley
ms
Horace Albert WhieldonIreland Civil Registration Indexes, 1845-1958

[size=0.875rem]birth:

[size=0.875rem]death:[/size]
July 1936 / September 1936
Dublin South, Ireland[/size]
[/size]
[/size]

Albert Horace WhieldonIreland Civil Registration Indexes, 1845-1958

[size=0.875rem]marriage:[/color]
July 1909 / September 1909
Dublin North, Ireland[/size]
[/size]
[/size]

Albert Horace WhieldonIreland Civil Registration Indexes, 1845-1958

[size=0.875rem]marriage:[/color]
October 1908 / December 1908
Dublin North, [/size][/color][/font][/size]

Event TypeBirth
Event DateJul - Sep 1956
Event PlaceDublin North, Ireland
Registration Quarter and YearJul - Sep 1956

[size=1.313rem]Lesley Wilkinson Whieldon
Ireland Civil Registration Indexes
NameLesley Wilkinson WhieldonEvent TypeBirthEvent DateJan - Mar 1922Event PlaceDublin South, IrelandRegistration Quarter and YearJan - Mar 1922Registration DistrictDublin SouthVolume Number2Page Number489

more whieldon dublin

Go To: Search Results

[size=1rem]
Attach to Family Tree [/color][/size]

[size=1.313rem]Wheildon
mentioned in the record of Richard A Elder

Child Richard A Elder
NameWheildongenderFemale

NameRichard A ElderEvent TypeBirthEvent Date1955Event PlaceDublin North, IrelandRegistration Quarter and Year1955Registration DistrictDublin NorthMother's Maiden NameWheildonVolume Number2Page Number506

Kathryn

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2019, 09:00:03 PM »
Hi yes it is. Apologies for the long delay  
I live in South Africa and would enjoy meeting the children of my late fatherís brother Arthur. I imagine they must be in their 70s+. Arthur died many years ago and I never met him as he stayed in Belfast. My dad Lesley came to South Africa after WW2. He was in the RAF.

Kathryn

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2019, 09:15:13 PM »
Hi Barry
Yes these are all relatives. Iíve never met them as I have lived in South Africa all my life. My dad, Lesley (brother of Arthur) came to South Africa after WW2. He was in the RAF. I enjoy finding Arthurís kids who would be my cousins. I imagine they would be in their 70s+. Iím 67. I donít know their names. Arthur and Lesley drifted apart when Lesley came over to SA.

Elwyn

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2019, 09:26:02 PM »
     This is the only Whieldon in the on-line NI probate abstract records, which go up to 1966.

Whieldon, Arthur Shanks of 11 Orby Drive Castlereagh Road and of 167 Sandown Road both in Belfast chartered mechanical engineer died 12 November 1962 at The Royal Victoria Hospital Belfast. Probate Belfast 17 January to Gertrude May Whieldon the widow. Effects £3417 3s.

The will may detail his dependents (including married names for any daughters). The will itself is not on-line but should be in PRONI (the public record office) in Belfast. If you e-mail them they will copy it for you, for a fee.

No Whieldons in the current NI phone book. Only 1 in the Republic of Ireland. She lives in Co. Kerry.

Elwyn

Kathryn

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2019, 09:41:57 PM »
Thank you so much Elwyn. Yes that is my dadís late brother. Are you able to let me have the telephone number/address from the phone book of the Whieldon who lives in Co Kerry?

Elwyn

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2019, 09:48:26 PM »
Have sent you the details in a pm.
Elwyn

Kathryn

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2019, 09:57:46 PM »
Wow!  Thank you Elwyn. I will contact her to see if she is my cousin. Bless you

CMcG

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2019, 04:07:02 AM »
Children Arthur and Elizabeth, according to this 1962 obituary in the Belfast Telegraph:

CMcG

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2019, 04:29:03 AM »
Might be just a co-incidence, but given the name and the references to Malahide and Belfast, this mention from a 2003 Irish newspaper might be a possibility:

If you google "Arthur Whieldon", you will get back a number of references (inc. photos) to a man, who in partnership with a Jim Dunn from Glasgow, had/has property interests in several countries, some of the more recent references indicate residence in Surrey and possibly more recently in Malta, one 2009 reference indicated that he would be approx. 80 years old now. As I say, just a possibility.   

Kathryn

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2019, 10:26:04 AM »
Oh my goodness!  Thank you. Iíll do that.
Thank your the names of my cousins. My middle name is Elizabeth and my dad was also a Scout Master here in South Africa.   

Elwyn

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2019, 11:24:27 AM »
     One link on the internet took me to the Dunn & Whieldon Charitable Trust:
BELMONT HOUSE, STATION WAY, CRAWLEY, WEST SUSSEX RH10 1JA

I expect they would forward a letter to Arthur Whieldon, if you wrote to them.

Elwyn

Kathryn

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2019, 01:41:33 PM »
Thank you Elwyn. I appreciate your assistance. Very kind if you. Iíll do that. Bless you