Author Topic: Largey family.Are these the parents of 3 young brothers?  (Read 2565 times)

CMcG

Re: Largey family.Are these the parents of 3 young brothers?
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2016, 06:51:22 PM »
Just to observe that in 1901, Laurence and Margaret Barry who later operated the lodging house in Union Street, lived in the same street as James and Bridget (Burns) Largey and family, so probably known to one another:

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Antrim/Woodvale_Ward/Abbey_Street/1005236/

city hall

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2016, 08:34:38 PM »
Hi CMcG,thanks for the additional material.
PM sent.

city hall

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2016, 11:41:51 PM »

I have other burials for the addresses below but am conscious about the pivacy of living families:
Bantry St, Baker St, Balkan St, Bombay St, Grosvenor Place, Spamount St, Artillery St.
LGC
Hi LGC,
Can I please ask you for details, via Personal Message, of the burials for Grosvenor Place,as I now know,courtesy of CMcG, that John Largey lived there after he married Debra Maguire.
Many thanks,
Paul

city hall

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2016, 12:39:06 PM »
Hi LGC,
Thanks for the info on 13 Grosvenor Place. I am now satisfied that 'my' John Largey, son of James and Bridget Largey, is NOT the WW1 casualty J Largey who died on the first day of the battle of the Somme, 1/7/1916.

Thanks again for all your help and all the great info.

Paul.

Belfastwhite

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2019, 11:15:50 AM »
Hi city hall, Largey can be spelt Largy also depending on who recorded it.

I have some other info to check regarding the Largey family.
25.02.1889 Sarah of 27 Abbey Street & 14.07.1892 Sarah of 27 Abbey Street interred in grave purchased by William John Largey of 27 Abbey Street.
Also interred in this grave:
06.05.1889 Jane Grew 22 yrs    44 Abbey Street
30.08.1895 Mary Grew 23 yrs   44 Abbey Street

On another note: I have been looking for a connection between the Largey & Grew families to my Foster Farr families of Abbey, Gardiner & Boyd Street.

My Great Grandmother Mary Anne Foster was born 08.12.1882 at 33 Abbey Street.
Sponsor at baptism was Mary J Grew.

In 1895 my great great Uncle Charles Farr & his wife Elizabeth McGonigal of 39 Gardiner Street had a son called John Farr.
Rose Ann Largey was sponsor for this child.

Rose Ann Largey daughter of Henry Largey, car owner of 60 Gardiner Street married Patrick Toal son of Patrick Toal, labourer of 62 Burnaby Street.
Children:
13.11.1910 Jane Toal born at 60 Gardiner Street. Sponsor Margaret Jane Toal. Jane married 01.11.1931 to Alan Jos. Stewart in New Jersey, USA.
19.09.1912 Mary Toal born at 5 Townsend Street. Sponsor Mary A McCartan.
Another family member living in 5 Townsend Street.

LGC

Hi LGC

I have been researching the O'Hara/Maginn/Andrews families from Abbey St, Gardiner Street, Boyd Street and California Street.  The Largey family have shown up in all these streets and witnesses from these families are interconnected on several records too.  I note you are connected to the Farr Family from Abbey Street.  William Farr had a child with Mary Jane (Johnston) O'Hara widow of Samuel O'Hara and they were witnesses at the marriage of Nathaniel Blair in 1876 also of Abbey Street.  Interestly you say Charles Farr lived at 39 Gardiner Street.  My Great Grandfather James Andrews who married Mary Maginn lived at that address until his death in 1910.

BW
The wisest among us, the true leaders, smile in the face of adversity.