Author Topic: Save our Churches  (Read 4680 times)

sj

Re: Save our Churches
« Reply #105 on: January 10, 2008, 04:27:18 AM »
sj.

That's a strange comment that was made by your very good friend ... precisely the same thing can happen if a mischevious child makes a claim against a teacher at school. I may be mistaken but I'm certain that it has happened already in at least a couple of instances. Why should a pack of cubs or a scout troop be any different?

Christopher

I don't see that as a strange comment but one by a concerned person.    If it happens in the classroom or at school the possibility is that there will be a witness but not always.   I understood his concern but couldn't do anything about it.    The scouting assoc here has a policy of " out of hearing but not out of sight."   The scouting assoc is involved in many more outings than a class at school. ::)
I am only reporting what a person said...You would be best to ask him about it. O0
I'm patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it ...

sj

« Reply #106 on: January 10, 2008, 04:29:29 AM »
Perhaps it also had something to do with the fact that whilst at school he had the support of the teachers union. 8)

sj

« Reply #107 on: January 10, 2008, 04:32:24 AM »
  SJ

A few years back, a good friend asked me to give his 16 year old Daughter driving lessons.

I refused.

I liked the girl, and we had a good rapport, but I did not want to put myself in a possible compromising position, it's not worth it.

It's not worth it...especially when there is no payment involved but it can ruin a life and a family. 8)

andy

« Reply #108 on: January 10, 2008, 08:40:58 PM »
when i was captain in the B.B. one golden rule was never be alone with
a boy always have another officer and a rep, for the boys present at all
times
yy u r yy u b i c u r yy 4 me

sj

« Reply #109 on: January 10, 2008, 09:58:33 PM »
when i was captain in the B.B. one golden rule was never be alone with
a boy always have another officer and a rep, for the boys present at all
times

It's a pity that that had to happen.
When in the B.B. did you ever hear of a bloke called David Capper. At one stage he would have been a Captain and then something in the Duke of Edinburgh award scheme.  He didn't work for the B.B.C.