Author Topic: Malcolm lane belfast  (Read 4349 times)

Jean knott

Malcolm lane belfast
« on: September 06, 2016, 02:18:25 PM »
lived there in late fifties. Anybody remember it?

Moorfield Street

Re: Malcolm lane belfast
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2016, 02:19:13 AM »
lived there in late fifties. Anybody remember it?
My father in law, Chris Stevenson,  lived at 32 Woosdtock Road and his garage opened up to Malcolm Lane, 1935 until 1959.   Opposite the garage lived Albert McCurheon and his wife, in Malcolm Lane.      Found out recently from Census of Ireland 1901  that my mother's family, the Grants and Lynass lived there in the 1900's.   David.

Kraffy

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 10:49:37 AM »
I went to Park Parade school and knew a girl there in my class of 1953 from Malcolm Lane by the name of Pat Clayton. other than that I just remember the name and where she lived - oh, I do remember
on our first day we were asked what religion (Whatever that had to do with the price of fish) and she said Salvation Army. My ears pricked up because I used to go to Mountpottinger Salvos with my grandmother. Jim.

Jean knott

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2016, 09:01:43 AM »
Think I remember that name Jim. Thanks for your reply. Yes cregagh buses did go up the Woodstock , jean

Jean knott

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2016, 09:05:51 AM »
Hi, I lived down a wee bit from the garage and I remember the name mccutheon! Thanks, J

Martynes

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2016, 08:45:42 AM »
I lived in Malcolm street from I was born in the 60s my mother was manger off the duke off York bar many years ago

Jean knott

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2016, 09:01:19 AM »
Hi Martynes, Thanks for reply. George Best's granny lived in Malcolm St. We left "the lane" in 1960/61 and moved to Rochester Street

Kraffy

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2016, 09:02:39 AM »
My memory is getting a wee bit dim of that area now, I have been in Australia for the last fifty years and I have never been back there.  I know it is all gone but I do have my young memories of the Woodstock, Ravenhill, Beersbridge rds.and Albertbridge and Newtownards Rds. too of course.  Jim.

Jean knott

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2016, 09:04:32 AM »
Hi, You wouldn't recognise the place now!

Kraffy

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2016, 09:35:32 AM »
Yes I know, I have seen pictures and also looked on Google Earth.  I hope everyone appreciates all the changes and new housing, it does look neat & smart!  Jim.

big t

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2017, 01:39:59 PM »
My grandmother lived in Malcolm Lane beside the garage think number 5   Either under name of Spence or Millar. The Titteringtons lived next door. They moved to mount merrion grandmother was moved to Dundonald didn't like it was moved to Spring Street. House faced blacksmith shop.

Moorfield Street

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2017, 04:15:09 AM »
My grandmother lived in Malcolm Lane beside the garage think number 5   Either under name of Spence or Millar. The Titteringtons lived next door. They moved to mount merrion grandmother was moved to Dundonald didn't like it was moved to Spring Street. House faced blacksmith shop.

big t.         My wife Hazel remembers your Grandmother Martha Miller in no.5.   Hazel was the daughter of Chris Stevenson in no.7.      My wife remembers Martha so well because Martha looked after her, during a severe bout of Pneumonia in 1945, what saved Hazel was that M&B tablets had just came out.
Martha was a lovely Lady, Hazel remembers.

Dargan

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2017, 08:59:49 AM »

Worked years ago with Stanley Titterington and remember him speaking about his early life there.
And so it goes: "yours sincerely, Holden McGroyne."

big t

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2017, 12:17:43 PM »
Sorry to advise but Stanley passed away a few years ago...

He was married to my wifes aunt didnt know till we got engaged..

Bud

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2020, 02:44:18 PM »
Does anyone have any information regarding Malcolm lane in the 1910's or 1920's, Watters family lived there.  If there are any old photos or website links I can check for referencing