Author Topic: Families and The Troubles - Participants needed  (Read 1063 times)

StephanieWilson

Families and The Troubles - Participants needed
« on: September 06, 2016, 07:16:11 PM »
Hi everyone,

My name is Stephanie Wilson and I am a doctoral researcher at the University of Nottingham. My project relates to how families experienced The Troubles and I am looking for today's generation of mothers to complete a short online questionnaire.

I am sure that many of you do not need to be made aware of the impact The Troubles had on life in Northern Ireland. Nevertheless, there are still many unknowns and a growing body of research has paid attention to the consequences of events. The purpose of such research is to inform strategies that help those most effected but also to protect individuals from future harm, wherever similar conflict may arise. I hope my research will contribute towards these efforts.   

I have read the other 'research' thread and I am very aware of the sensitivity of such issues. I can assure everyone that my study has ethical approval and that anonymity is guaranteed.

If you are a mother and were raised in Northern Ireland between 1968 and 1998 then you are eligible for my study. I would hugely appreciate your participation by pasting the following link into your browser:

nottingham.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/exposure-to-political-conflict-study

I am more than happy to answer any questions anybody may have. Also, whilst not necessary for my study, if anybody would like to share their experiences on this page then I would welcome the opportunity to hear the human side of The Troubles. Sometimes statistics can only say so much.

Many thanks

Stephanie

RebeccaK

Re: Families and The Troubles - Participants needed
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 07:40:23 PM »

There is no need to put "research" in between apostrophes. My research was legitimate and has been posted in another thread. That aside:

The Troubles and everything possibly controversial are discussed on the "the troubles and other controversial topics" board elsewhere on this forum. You can apply for access by sending Chris (the forum moderator) a message, after reaching your 100th post.

StephanieWilson

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2016, 07:43:35 PM »
Hi Rebecca,

My apologies for the inverted commas - I was not in any way attempting to undermine your study; rather, I wanted to highlight the specific thread I was referring to. I am not sure if I can edit my original post. If it is possible, I will do so. 

Regarding the board, I contact Chris prior to posting and he advised me to post on this page.

Warm wishes

Stephanie

RebeccaK

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2016, 07:51:59 PM »
Hi Rebecca,

My apologies for the inverted commas - I was not in any way attempting to undermine your study; rather, I wanted to highlight the specific thread I was referring to. I am not sure if I can edit my original post. If it is possible, I will do so. 

Regarding the board, I contact Chris prior to posting and he advised me to post on this page.

Warm wishes

Stephanie

's okay, no worries there.

I've sent you a PM linking you to some other organisations/pages you could contact on your quest for participants in your survey.