Author Topic: Seeking Family Name ?  (Read 6084 times)

Gillianx

Seeking Family Name ?
« on: September 24, 2016, 03:19:08 PM »
 I am wondering if  anyone has any recollection  of  a family named, Exton,  who possibly  lived in or around  the Belfast  area  in the 1950s through 1960s. time period. ? 

Gillanx

sebastian

Re: Seeking Family Name ?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 01:22:45 AM »
I am wondering if  anyone has any recollection  of  a family named, Exton,  who possibly  lived in or around  the Belfast  area  in the 1950s through 1960s. time period. ? 

Gillanx

Gill I  searched directories for Belfast with zero results.  I believe Edward X and his son only lived with relatives  in N.  Ireland  for a short period of time and then  returned to England  .  I  believe  that  50s through 60s  time period is connected  only to the other, much  younger relative of Edward.    I do have  a person working on this  connection . I should have the results when you arrive back.   Looking forward to your return !

S xxx

Gillianx

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 09:23:34 PM »
Gill I  searched directories for Belfast with zero results.  I believe Edward X and his son only lived with relatives  in N.  Ireland  for a short period of time and then  returned to England  .  I  believe  that  50s through 60s  time period is connected  only to the other, much  younger relative of Edward.    I do have  a person working on this  connection . I should have the results when you arrive back.   Looking forward to your return !

S xxx

That would  explain  it S   Thank you so much S for all the hard  work.

Did you happen to  receive any info  on the Woolwich employment or  when they left that employment ?
If I get a chance at the week end I will visit Woolwich and take some pics.       
See you soon
Gillian XXXXX

sebastian

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2016, 01:54:23 AM »
That would  explain  it S   Thank you so much S for all the hard  work.

Did you happen to  receive any info  on the Woolwich employment or  when they left that employment ?
If I get a chance at the week end I will visit Woolwich and take some pics.       
See you soon
Gillian XXXXX

Gill I just P Med all info on employment    I think  you will find it fascinating

Sxxx

Hendy

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2016, 10:58:11 AM »
My GGGGrandfather was Samuel Burrows of Ballyskeigh Lambeg born 1800, if there is anyone out there with connections I have photographs I am willing to share.
He had a brother called William.

Gillianx

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2016, 06:08:29 PM »
Gill I just P Med all info on employment    I think  you will find it fascinating

Sxxx

That is terrific information S. !  We can go over it all when I get back.
Thank you so much

Gillian xxx

sebastian

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2016, 03:43:42 PM »
That is terrific information S. !  We can go over it all when I get back.
Thank you so much

Gillian xxx

No problem  Gill.   You will need to take time  sift through and organize all those details.    I also  need to do that with my side of the  family

S x

Gillianx

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2016, 12:34:49 AM »
Just got back
Will call tomorrow evening

Gillxxx

Gillianx

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2016, 11:15:37 PM »
Sebastian I also received the news and  I accept that we are not blood relatives. Have you any clues  how and when our families began thinking that we were?

sebastian

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2016, 03:41:29 PM »
Sebastian I also received the news and  I accept that we are not blood relatives. Have you any clues  how and when our families began thinking that we were?

Gillian I called a few older relatives who remember or heard of  an " In-Law"  relationship,  a couple of generations  ago  .    I can only presume that our  relatives  in those years  began to loosely uses the terms cousin , aunty, uncle .   Just as a convenience. 
I will see if I can find out more information
S

sebastian

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2016, 12:22:31 AM »
Received the photos Gill. and I do immediately recognize the grey haired woman. But  I don't recognize the silver haired , rotund man with her. ??? Do you know where it was taken and can you have someone at your company work to  enlarge his pic ? 

S  xx

Gillianx

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2016, 02:05:40 AM »
Received the photos Gill. and I do immediately recognize the grey haired woman. But  I don't recognize the silver haired , rotund man with her. ??? Do you know where it was taken and can you have someone at your company work to  enlarge his pic ? 

S  xx

Sebastian it was taken at a historical group social event. I will send you the enlargement next week
Gillxxxxx

sebastian

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2016, 08:00:03 PM »
Sebastian it was taken at a historical group social event. I will send you the enlargement next week
Gillxxxxx

I received the enlarged photo Gillian and I still have no idea who he is.  Can you not check/run ?

Gillianx

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2016, 09:02:10 PM »
I received the enlarged photo Gillian and I still have no idea who he is.  Can you not check/run ?

Sebastian I now  have all pertinent  info and   I D.   I will send it
Gillxxxx

Gillianx

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2016, 02:28:59 AM »

Sebastian I now  have all pertinent  info and   I D.   I will send it
Gillxxxx

Sebastian I have
sent the info via  E mail.  Have a look at ES plus B.   Will call you .

Gillian xxxxx