Author Topic: A Monthly Meet  (Read 9282 times)

Christopher

A Monthly Meet
« on: July 30, 2006, 09:24:38 AM »
Yesterday, Saturday 29th July, some members of Belfast Forum who are also members of RootsChat.com (a family history site) met other members of Rootschat who had travelled from England, Scotland and Wales to spend a few days in Belfast. We were joined by another person, a member of an internet site called AnotherFriend.

We had a great day starting at the Linenhall Library. We then went for coffee and light snacks. Colette had some car problems but was able to join us at coffee time. A visit to St Anne's Cathedral was followed by a tour of Belfast City Hall.

Do members think meeting once a month, starting at about 10am with a pre arranged meeting place and a small itinerary would be a good idea? Details of this Meet could be posted on a couple of other sites so that anyone in Belfast could come along too. They might even join Belfast Forum.

AL CAPONE

Re: A Monthly Meet
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 06:43:35 PM »
GOOD IDEA

Christopher

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2006, 07:12:38 AM »
OK. The first monthly meet is on Saturday 26th August. It will be a guided Historical Walking tour of Belfast.
The tour starts at 2.00pm at the   Belfast Welcome Centre, 47 Donegall Place, Belfast BT1

There were five people. One I knew from another website, a Belfast lady, two lads over from Galashiels spending the weekend in Belfast and myself. I hope more of the members in Belfast attend the next event. Maybe these events will become popular as the membership grows.

Christopher

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2006, 12:13:39 AM »
Event No 2. Date Saturday 30th September

See the historical sights of Belfast from a different angle. The 37ft long, 13.6ft wide with a 3ft draught MV "Joyce Too" belonging to the Lagan Boat Co. is one of four Admiralty tenders built on the Thames in 1972. We'll be taking the Titanic Tour starting at 2.00pm there is an earlier one 12.30 and a later one at 3.30 If you have your names down and decide not to come please let me know prior to Wednesday 28th The tour last about 75 minutes and costs 7.00 & concessions 6.00

Christopher

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2006, 09:08:49 PM »
Saturday 2nd September
There's an extra Meet to celebrate my birthday. A friend is travelling from Co. Kildare.
She would like to meet some Belfast people. Would anyone care to join us?

eddiec

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2006, 09:12:22 PM »
Well that would depend on where and when :)
Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please.  <i>Mark Twain</i>

Christopher

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2006, 10:26:49 PM »
Well that would depend on where and when :)

Hiya eddie,

My friend arrives at Central Station at 13.10. Should we meet somewhere in the City Centre about 14.00 ???

Chris

eddiec

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2006, 10:32:06 PM »
Front of City Hall ???
Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please.  <i>Mark Twain</i>

Christopher

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2006, 10:41:07 PM »
How will we recognise each other ??? Will I wear the unique Belfast Forum sweat shirt ???

eddiec

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2006, 11:50:04 PM »
Why not ;D... stand as a beacon ;D

Are there any others ???

Christopher

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2006, 01:40:04 PM »
Hiya Everyone. Some of us are meeting tomorrow afternoon.
I hope the weather holds out as a walk may be on the cards .. a Historical one of Belfast starting at 2.00 pm (14.00) and then one at the Crown Bar at 4.00 pm (16.00) We'll see how it goes as there is a tour of the City Hall at 2.00 pm (14.00). That might be better than two walks.

EllCee

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2006, 05:03:18 PM »
Hiya Everyone. Some of us are meeting tomorrow afternoon.
I hope the weather holds out as a walk may be on the cards .. a Historical one of Belfast starting at 2.00 pm (14.00) and then one at the Crown Bar at 4.00 pm (16.00) We'll see how it goes as there is a tour of the City Hall at 2.00 pm (14.00). That might be better than two walks.

I enjoyed having a pint in the Crown Bar at 1615 to 1645hrs.  :D

Where was everyone?   ???
"I may not agree with you, but I respect your opinion"   "You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it"

Christopher

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2006, 06:32:47 PM »
Les, my friend from Kildare and I were having a walking tour of Belfast. We then had a couple of wines in the John Hewitt in Donegall Street. Pedro, the manager, was in Liverpool watching the football. Where the heck are you now? Have I got to celebrate my birthday on my own :'( I am in the internet cafe in the Europa Mews at the moment. My friend caught the 6.10pm Enterprise back to Dublin. Will anyone be in town? Where will we meet? Could I have an answer prior to 7.30 please? Was Eddie in town? Les, were you on your own or was Rosie with you.? Phone numbers would be useful. I have lost your number. I get tipped out of here at 7.30 :'( BTW I have eaten. We had a meal in Kellys Cellars.

EllCee

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2006, 06:57:15 PM »
Chris, I'm at home and about to have my meal.

There's no way I'm going into town now.  You can call here for a while if you want.

"I may not agree with you, but I respect your opinion"   "You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it"

Christopher

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2006, 07:22:59 PM »
Where are you? PM me please. I have three mins left here :D