Author Topic: A Monthly Meet  (Read 9203 times)

sunseeker

Re: A Monthly Meet
« Reply #60 on: July 04, 2007, 08:20:15 AM »
Is the Belfast meet on Saturday 28th July 2007 still on
Where do we meet and time
David

Christopher

« Reply #61 on: July 04, 2007, 12:31:01 PM »
What about meeting at the Central Library and then taking a bus tour?

The buses operate on a daily basis from Castle Place, right in the heart of Belfast City Centre. (Opposite McDonalds Restaurant).

Offering visitors the best way to see Belfast, our open top buses provide you with the best view of the city.

Donít worry if itís raining, we have covered buses for that eventuality!

We operate seven tours per day during low season and eleven tours per day during high season. Departing daily from 9.30am during the High Season (May-Sept) and 10am all year round, visitors can avail of our frequent departures and use our Hop-on, Hop-off service to get full value from your ticket, which is valid all day on date of purchase.

Our tours cover:
Belfast City Centre
Titanic Quarter
Cathedral Quarter
Political Districts (Wall Murals/Shankill Road/Falls Road)
University District
Nightlife Areas (Pubs/Clubs/Restaurants)

Each of our tours features a live commentary supplied by a lively and educated local guide, and is always good craic!

Christopher

« Reply #62 on: November 01, 2007, 01:40:24 PM »
A RootsChatter named Beresford, who was over in July last year, will be over for a week starting on the 18th. She'd like to meet up with Belfast based RootsChatters but I'm sure she'd be delighted to meet Forum members with an interest in family history who have not met her. If there's anyone who'd like to meet that week please PM me ... I'll give you my phone number ... and we can arrange a suitable time and place to meet. 

Oh! BTW I was speaking to JoeBhoy yesterday. He hopes to be over next summer. He said that a meet at the end of July would suit him. Joe's mum in law is not in the best of health at the moment so please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.