Author Topic: Brazil plane crash...so sad  (Read 1289 times)

geraldine williamson

Brazil plane crash...so sad
« on: November 30, 2016, 07:29:45 AM »
Heard on the new yesterday about this tragedy...reminiscent of Man United way back travelling from Germany..many lives lost in this recent disaster.  Young players too  along with many passengers.  God rest their souls.  :(

McNamee

Re: Brazil plane crash...so sad
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2016, 09:57:00 AM »
It is so true, you never know the minute....RIP

doare.

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 02:32:29 AM »
ran out of fuel apparently...dumb mistake, unless they had a leakage....sad event..
"You see things; you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say 'Why not? ....shaw..

sj

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2016, 02:16:18 AM »
ran out of fuel apparently...dumb mistake, unless they had a leakage....sad event..

It immediately remined me of the Munich air disaster when the Man Utd plane crashed on take off and killed almost all of that young brillant football team. The C.E.O. of the airline was arrested yesterday as seemingly it did run out of fuel but only because it was asked to make way for another aircraft that had an emergency so it had to go around .     It might have been the wrong aircraft to use as it's fuel tanks were full when it left. :)
I'm patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it ...

McNamee

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2016, 09:48:41 AM »
I also read that most people panicked and did not take the Brace position.  According to those that survived.

I have been on a lot of flights where the passengers just ignore the Hostess and she gives the advice.

sj

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2016, 12:07:33 PM »
 Didn't know that Bernie. :)

McNamee

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2016, 01:46:47 PM »
See Sj, contrary to most folk.....I am a font of ALL knowledge. :D

Oh how I am laughing.. :P

Happy Harry

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2016, 03:08:53 PM »

It immediately remined me of the Munich air disaster when the Man Utd plane crashed on take off and killed almost all of that young brillant football team. The C.E.O. of the airline was arrested yesterday as seemingly it did run out of fuel but only because it was asked to make way for another aircraft that had an emergency so it had to go around .     It might have been the wrong aircraft to use as it's fuel tanks were full when it left. :)

Actually less than half the Man U team perished on that awful night, but it was still a horrendous event. A couple of players who survived never played again, including Dannie Blanchflower.

I find it hard to believe that an aeroplane would run out of fuel, though I accept that it did
The past is a foreign country. They do things differently there.

sj

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2016, 11:04:35 PM »
Quote from: Happy Harry link=topic=67409.msg1927013#msg1927013 date=148129I[size=78%

t's great to have google which tells me that 8 of the 1st team dide that night.  Jackie Blanchflower survived that night but Danny B played for Tottenham .[/size] :)