Author Topic: Looking for  (Read 1354 times)

Maura1950

Looking for
« on: January 21, 2017, 08:02:09 PM »
Anyone know of Martin Sterling of Garfield Street . Would be about 66 now.

enasmyth

Re: Looking for
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 01:26:59 PM »
I knew a Manuel or Emanuel Sterling lived beside the old Royal mail offices and he actually worked there until his untimely death in an accident . Perhaps Martin was his brother? Yes that's Garfield street.

dendar

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2017, 12:05:57 AM »
Hello maura1950 I worked with manny stirling as a telegram boy in the early 60s.could you tell me what happened to him.
He was a funny and easygoing guy.
Dendar

enasmyth

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2018, 01:12:45 AM »
Hi Dender Manuel was killed in an accident over 30years ago sadly while he was working. Jumped out of the van crossed the road to collect stuff from post office and was run over. He was a widower at the time I think. Very sad .

t.sterling77

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2020, 11:14:23 AM »
Hi My name is Tracy and i am Martin Sterling's daughter. it's probably a long shot if you see this as you posted this a long time ago. I would love you to contact me regarding Martin as i am trying to find more information about him in his early days. please contact me
tracy . sterling @ optusnet . com .au 
this goes for anyone who knew my family, even uncle Manny that has also sadly passed away.

Best wishes tracy

seosamh

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2020, 04:34:10 PM »
maura, I heard a few years back that martin had died after manuel, martin would be the age of me 69, manuel knocked about with my brother noel curley we came from Hamill st.sadly manuel died after being hit by a car while waiting on a lift to work on the bangor rd, remember martin going away to join the navy,they were brilliant people