Author Topic: bookless and henderson  (Read 2067 times)

amy-lou

bookless and henderson
« on: July 31, 2006, 04:00:31 AM »
looking for info on the bookless henderson families

Christopher

Re: bookless and henderson
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 05:11:04 AM »
Hiya Amy-Lou,

Welcome to Belfast Forum.

Do you know anything about these families other than the surnames?

I looked for the surname Bookless in Griffiths Valuation of Ireland 1848 to 1864  and there was not a Bookless mentioned. Were they in Ireland pre 1848 or after 1864. If you have a few more details please post them.

Best Wishes, Christopher

amy-lou

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2006, 05:27:42 AM »
well i really dont know that much from what i understand that thomas bookless married margaert henderson  in scotland . came to ireland not sure when . and haad my grandmother christina bookless in 1896. i have 2 doucments  one says she was born in belfast and 1 says she was born in screggan ireland . and some how she made her way to canada. i was trying to find out if she had any siblings or any other info .
how would i find out how or when  she made it to canada
thaks
amy -lou

Christopher

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2006, 03:17:50 PM »
Hiya Amy-Lou,

Two documents ... one saying born in Belfast and the other in Screggan,  Tullamore, Co. Offaly.
I did a search in the Ulster Covenant which took place in 1912. No success.
familysearch.org offered me an Isabella Bell Bookless born on 10th September 1879 in Co. Roscommon. Her parents were John Bookless and Catherine Bell Bookless. It's a very uncommon surname in Ireland. The surname does not appear in the 1880 Directory of Belfast and the Province of Ulster. I'll have a look at street directories for the years between 1880 and 1896.

Christopher

amy-lou

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2006, 02:14:01 AM »
well this is very fruserating search because my grandmother christina bookless died when my mother was only 5 years old . and me mom doesnt remember very much ..the only other info i have is she married my grandfather in canada i  believe in 1917 in taber alberta canada . she would have been about 21 years old when she was married .. so between  1896 and 1917 she came to canada .
thank you for your help christopher
amy - lou

amy-lou

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2006, 06:42:45 AM »
i dont  know if this would help on my search or not but on  me grandmothers birth certificate for her fathers  rank or profession it says herd also it  says  birth registered in the district of killoughey in the superintendent registrars district of tullamore

amy-lou

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2006, 01:23:17 AM »
anyone have any thoughts on how i would find out when my grandmother  left ireland  . new to this family trees stuff so iam kinda clueless on how to find things out
thanks
amy grange

amy-lou

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2006, 05:54:37 PM »
thanks for the links

amy-lou

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2006, 01:23:40 AM »
arrgh this family history is drivin me batty. dead ends is all iam getting .its like this family never exsisted