Author Topic: GLENWOOD PRIMARY SCHOOL  (Read 2216 times)

nixey15

GLENWOOD PRIMARY SCHOOL
« on: February 22, 2017, 12:18:14 PM »
Anyone recognise themselves in this photo - about 1962 I think!  Some names I remember - Marion McVeigh, Sharon Campbell, Shirley Crozier, Violet ?, Eileen Redpath, Jacqueline Dillon, ?  Would love to hear from any of the folk here or if you know where they might be now.

Nixey

Rosser

Re: GLENWOOD PRIMARY SCHOOL
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2017, 01:00:44 AM »

I'm in the middle of the front row, think I can name them all bar two,  top row left- right-  Bertie Phillips, Paul Stacey, Geoffrey McLaughlin, Gary Smith, Samuel Burcombe, Roy Allen, ? ? , Alex Gill, Davy Bell.
Middle- Shirley Crozier, Jacqueline Dillon, Linda Hand, Eileen Redpath, Jacqueline Coleman, Marion McVeigh, ? ? , Carol Dalzell, Sharon Campbell, Violet Stewart, Madgie Young, Linda McBurney, Carol McArthy, Shirley Williamson.
Front -  Joe Crozier, Mathew Tiernan, Kenneth Lindsay, Hugh Swindell, Me, Stephen Fox, Desmond Calder, Lewis Ross, Danny Brown.
How's yer belly off for blackheads

nixey15

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2017, 04:43:37 PM »
Thanks for that Rosser!  Either you have a brilliant memory or your mammy labelled her photos!  And who might you be?  I, of course am the ?? in the second row - Brenda Gillespie.  Of quiet disposition I was easily forgettable!  :(

Any ideas what folk got up to when they left school?

nixey

Rosser

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2017, 12:05:30 AM »
Hi Brenda, I have a brilliant memory, I remember you as the prettiest girl in the class and that you did not stay in our class long, did you live off Tennent St just below the Police station ?  I had already posted that photo on Facebook and did actually name you several years ago, I am Paul Ross, I would see Roy Allen occasionally when he picks his grandchildren up from school in Newtownards, sadly Gary Smith passed away 30 yrs ago, Madgie Young is on my friends list, as for the rest, I like you would love to know how they are doing.
How's yer belly off for blackheads

nixey15

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2017, 06:21:48 PM »
Hi Rosser - you obviously progressed on from Glenwood to university and did a degree in BS!!!!  I don't really remember a lot about primary school - just crying on my first day and again leaving Mr Clarke in P7, oh yes, and getting caned by a female teacher for not knowing my tables!  Our classes must have been shuffled around over the years as I do remember Dorenda Matthews and Stephen McCracken who aren't in my photo.  We lived in Glenwood Street.  I have been told that I haven't changed a bit - never quite sure how to take that - but yes I still do have the expression of a rabbit caught in headlights!

Please say Hi to Roy and Madgie if you are in touch - hope life has been kind to them!

Regards
Brenda

speedyscuby

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2017, 02:23:02 PM »
Was just bein nosey and cane across this post. Noticed Brenda Gillespie. Hi Brenda it is Paul Elliott. Thought i would say hello.  :-\

nixey15

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2017, 05:30:35 PM »
Wow - that's a blast from the past!  Hi Paul, long, long time no see - good to hear you are still this side of the grass!  Hope all is well with you and that life has been kind. Where have the past XX years gone to - blinked and missed them!

:)

speedyscuby

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2017, 06:33:43 PM »
Is that you Brenda. Lol. Yes blast from the past r u on fb for a chat.  ???

nixey15

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2017, 04:14:19 PM »
No, sorry, I don't use facebook!

:-\

speedyscuby

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2017, 09:36:42 AM »
Would love a chat or a coffee sometime how could i get in touch?

James James

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2017, 06:58:48 PM »
Click on another forum member's forum user name, and their forum profile page will appear.

There is a facility on that for sending them a personal message, to which they can reply.

Those private messages can only be seen and read by the correspondents.

Aanne-Marie

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2018, 09:44:39 PM »
That's my wee broor  Geoff McLAUGHLIN. I've sent the pic to him. He lives and breathes in Belfast still!

Bert91157

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2018, 01:56:56 PM »
Just had this sent to me yesterday. I still have the same photo at home somewhere. My mum had it framed. Cant help with the names though. Well done Paul on getting so many. Isn't Lewis your cousin?