Author Topic: Mckillen family crumblin st  (Read 1310 times)

Eileen mac

Re: Mckillen family crumblin st
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2020, 06:09:34 AM »
Hi our friend was mrs Travers and granny was mckillen
I thought flax street was no longer there anymore

joeblaze

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2020, 06:31:03 AM »
hi eileen, am not sure how they could get rid of flax street. it has always been blocked off at the bottom where it meets the crumlin road as long back as i remember but in the last few weeks the builders have started work on renovating the mill at the very bottom. its about 50 metres at the bottom on the right hand side down to the junction with the crumlin road, then the same goinng up the crumlin road towards the chapel. its going to be a huge apartment complex and flax street willl be opened up. i think its going to transform this place having the street unblocked. they didnt even open that when they built the dunnes stores on the left at the bottom, you had to cut through the dunnes car park. so flax street will exist for a long time to come yet. there is going to be a lot of work done even holy cross boys is being demolished and rebuilt eventually

Eileen mac

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2020, 07:19:40 AM »
Thanks for clarification
If all goes well I'm hoping to go back 2021
So did you know mrs travers a nd daniel and Cassie mckillen 
Can i ask your surname

joeblaze

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2020, 08:00:58 AM »
old ardoyne was being rebuilt when i was still in primary school, so crumlin street is a little bit before my time, id know a few mrs travers so the one you are thinking of is probably their mother in law. my surname is mckeown.

did you go to st gemmas? its being knocked down right now

joeblaze

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2020, 09:03:54 AM »
me telling you my surname is the biggest hint i have ever given anyone of my identity in almost 20 years using the net lol. my own partner, no member of my family even know my personal email address. a work email and whatsapp is as much as they have ever got. you will probably get me whole family from that lol.