Author Topic: Dowds of Fane Street  (Read 805 times)

Vossagutt

Re: Dowds of Fane Street
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2017, 09:16:51 AM »
Thanks herbie, this is useful to know. Both the family friend and her half-brother, possibly related to the Trevor Dowds we are searching for, have had their DNA tested. They are neither on 23andme nor Gedmatch (nor Ancestry), but it would be worthwhile them checking against your kit (on Gedmatch). I will get in touch with them. Again, thank you ... and who knows ...

herbie

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2017, 12:39:28 PM »
Terrific!    Just to encourage those looking for their roots to join one of the dna companies like Ancestry, 23andme, Family Search DNA  ..  then download your results into Gedmatch (free) ..  a great site.    For those of us who live in other countries it is especially helpful ... I    have linked up with someone from my mother's side of the family and we were able to exchange names for the family tree but no one from my Belfast father. 

Funny enough, so far, I have NO Dowds..  even though my grandmother was a Dowd or Dowds.   The mystery continues..

Good luck with your search...    Please post if you have some success!

Mcc

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2018, 04:42:46 PM »
This is the granddaughter of Oliver and Jean Dowds, Trevor is my brother if you want to get in touch.

Vossagutt

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2018, 10:58:56 PM »
Thank you very much Mcc. Trevor has messaged me