Author Topic: Welcome to Belfast Forum - Please read.  (Read 324525 times)

Christopher

Re: Welcome to Belfast Forum - Please read.
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2006, 05:03:28 AM »
Welcome to the Forum Patmon.

Les, you'll have to cut back on the wine :D You'll be seeing pink elephants next. Sure everyone knows there
are no dragons these days. Like St Patrick driving the snakes out of Ireland, St George slew the dragon.
By the way does anyone know what type of motor St Patrick drove ???

eddiec

« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2006, 04:19:22 PM »
No... but Noah drove a Triumph ;D
Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please.  <i>Mark Twain</i>

Frank

« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2006, 09:32:19 PM »
Sexist comment, never. Homophobic more like.
As for the good ass, course its right, cause you said so & we fellas all know that a woman is always right.  8-)
Theres only one cure for home sickness

AL CAPONE

« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2006, 07:29:20 PM »
Welcome to the Forum Patmon.

Les, you'll have to cut back on the wine :D You'll be seeing pink elephants next. Sure everyone knows there
are no dragons these days. Like St Patrick driving the snakes out of Ireland, St George slew the dragon.
By the way does anyone know what type of motor St Patrick drove ???

what did st patrick say when he was driving the snakes out of ireland?????

patmon

« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2006, 11:00:00 PM »
get out of Ireland you reptiles
Canavan McCrea Cragg McKenna McDowell Darcy Ferris Connor Quinn Steele

AL CAPONE

« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2006, 09:49:35 AM »
no he said r u ok in the back ;D ;D ;D

SPARKAROO

« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2006, 05:42:47 PM »
HI BEAUTIFUL ALL OF ME WAS A FRANK SINATARA SONG

Paula

« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2006, 06:18:41 AM »
Hi My Name is Paula M. Shannon I live in Seaford, Delaware in the US. Thank you Christopher for directing me to this froum. I have found it quite interesting. I am planning to take a trip to Belfast and England possibly next June. This is atrip my Mom and I have been planning on for some time. I the information on the Hotels and the B&B's will be very helpful. My Grandparents were married at St Malachy's churh on Alfred St. My mom and her family lived at 26 Stanfield St., Which is no longer there. My brother and his wife went to Belfast 2 years ago, they said the area where Mom lived has all been rebuilt. I want to go to St Malachy's to see if I can find  family records. Anyway thanks again I will post to the proper boards in the future.

Thanks,
Paula

bern

« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2006, 04:42:53 PM »
Just like to say hello  to you all Im from west belfast and trying to build a family tree found the forum very helpful and interesting Iwill probably have you all tortured looking up information for me, Igot a few pieces of information already from mary lennon   glad to come across this site    bernie

greyghost

« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2006, 08:10:36 AM »
Hi I'm greyghost (Dorothy) grew up in Belfast, left in February 1968 when I was 16.
It's nice to sit here and read all your posts and remember the oh so many things I thought I had buried forever.
I can almost hear the voices. I guess you can take the girl out of Ireland but never the Ireland out of the girl.
I haven't been back, and I doubt that I ever will. Since reading here, my head is filled with memories.
Dorothy O'Donnell (nee Simmons)
www.odos-photos.com

Sunnyhill

« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2006, 02:05:21 PM »
Hi All

My folks and I left in 1959 when I was 5. We lived in Sunnyhill Park, Dunmurry. Great to find this site and to meet you all.

Dorothy, I hope you get to go back one day. I went back for the first time in 2003. It was magical.

Best wishes

David
CASSELLS [ANNALOISTE, LURGAN, DUNMURRY, BELFAST]
HAYES [KILLINCHY, DOWN, BELFAST]
CAMPBELL  
SAULTERS

independentsoul

« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2006, 03:15:42 PM »
Hello Christopher,

This is Dawn. The Agnew girl. I guess I should do an official post here.   I live in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, USA.   My grandmother, her 2 brothers, her mother and father and her mother's sister and family left Ireland from 1920-1926.  All were born in or near Strandtown and Ashfield in Nothern Ireland.  At this point, all have passed on except Gram's 2 brothers.

I am here to find the missing pieces of my family history, meet folkes who may remember those times or know family relatives that were still in Belfast and learn about Ireland.

My mother would like to visit someday as would I and see the places we heard about all our lives.

Thank you for welcoming me here and all the help you have already given me.

Dawn

Searching Surnames: Maternal side: Agnew, Campbell, Taylor, Thompson, Hutchinson, O'Neill.    Paternal side: Muller, Engelmann, Marshall, Corkran, Rev

ballykeel

« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2006, 05:28:25 PM »
Hi Everyone,
I'm just a newbie and trying to get to grips with using this great 'Belfast Forum', have had so much help already from evrybody, and it's much appreciated. I discovered this great site quite by accident, and I'm so glad I did. I myself am not from Belfast, but trying to make a stab at tracing my family history. My name is Brenda (nickname Big 'B') (and by the way, in case ur all wondering, I didn't get that nickname from being BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG this way, it's cos I was tall for my age at that time) haha.(and I still am - tall that is). Both my parents were born in Belfast, so I'm sure this site will be of immense help. I come from a wee place called Kilwaughter, in the townland of Ballykeel, Co Antrim. I was brought up on a farm there, and have many precious memories of those days, a lot of hard graft, but sure hard work never hurt anyone. I'm married and now live in Larne, most of my working life has been spent within the healhcare sector, within N. Ireland, apart from a 3yr period, when both myself and my hubby were living and working in Zimbabwe (ex Rhodesia). Well that's enough about me, hope to see postings from u all real soon. Good luck in all ur searching, cheers for now. Big 'B'. :-*
'Love all, trust few, always paddle your own canoe'

Taggart 009

« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2006, 01:19:22 AM »
Just like to say hello  to you all Im from west belfast and trying to build a family tree found the forum very helpful and interesting Iwill probably have you all tortured looking up information for me, Igot a few pieces of information already from mary lennon   glad to come across this site    bernie
Bern youll have to take a back seat to me. Christopher will tell you I am some what demanding regarding asking for help. >:(

Christopher

« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2006, 10:36:55 PM »
Val, I've done a runner :D I'm posting on Manchester Community Forum now :D