Author Topic: Welcome to Belfast Forum - Please read.  (Read 342741 times)

Betty_cook

Re: Welcome to Belfast Forum - Please read.
« Reply #4155 on: July 02, 2019, 07:36:54 PM »
Hi there yes my dad sammy gordon was a lorry driver as well, and yes he did live at 100 mayo street
100 Mayo Street in 1960,... Samuel Gordon lorry driver. ?

https://www.lennonwylie.co.uk/mcomplete1960.htm

Raymond coyle

« Reply #4156 on: August 29, 2019, 01:56:33 PM »
Hi. Belfast Forum.
Could someone help me pass on my thanks to James James for supplying information on relatives I have lost contact with.  They lived at 43 Susan Street. Although I responded  with a thank.you I'm not sure my messages was delivered.
I find the site a little difficult to navigate as im not that IT literate.
Many thanks
Raymond Coyle

jillyfred

« Reply #4157 on: August 29, 2019, 02:32:06 PM »

Hello Raymond,
James James will see your post as you replied to him on a Thread he was posting on and he will no doubt be looking in to see how his posts have been received.
In future,however,I would suggest any enquiries you may have, with regard to family etcetera,you post them on the Belfast Genealogy Thread where there are many experts who are very helpful to people like yourself.
Welcome to the Forum, and one does not have to have great IT knowledge to enjoy the Forum.If that were the case I would be lost!!! :D

jilly

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #4158 on: August 29, 2019, 10:36:41 PM »
Hi. Belfast Forum.
Could someone help me pass on my thanks to James James for supplying information on relatives I have lost contact with.  They lived at 43 Susan Street. Although I responded  with a thank.you I'm not sure my messages was delivered.
I find the site a little difficult to navigate as im not that IT literate.
Many thanks
Raymond Coyle
HI RAYMOND, WELCOME TO THE BF,  MANY PEOPLE  WRITE IN TO FIND OUT ABOUT  RELATIVES ETC AND SOMETIMES THEY ARE LUCKY ENOUGH TO GET SOMEONE  WHO EITHER KNOWS THEM, KNOWS SOMEONE WHO DOES AND ON IT GOES HA.  I AM GLAD YOU WERE ABLE TO HAVE JJ GET YOU SOME INFO.  GOOD LUCK.  LIZ  XX
sixtyniner

Raymond coyle

« Reply #4159 on: August 30, 2019, 08:59:22 PM »
Hello Raymond,
James James will see your post as you replied to him on a Thread he was posting on and he will no doubt be looking in to see how his posts have been received.
In future,however,I would suggest any enquiries you may have, with regard to family etcetera,you post them on the Belfast Genealogy Thread where there are many experts who are very helpful to people like yourself.
Welcome to the Forum, and one does not have to have great IT knowledge to enjoy the Forum.If that were the case I would be lost!!! :D

jilly

Raymond coyle

« Reply #4160 on: August 30, 2019, 09:05:33 PM »
Hi Jill.
I'm not  sure you will get my reply as I find the site difficult to navigate with a reply.
Here goes.
However, thank you for your advice  're posting on a different during of the forum.
Ray

James James

« Reply #4161 on: August 31, 2019, 02:47:20 AM »
Hello Raymond,

jilly
Yep,... and multiple dittos to that message and comments,... and thankyou Raymond, glad to be of any small help, as are many others on here,... and once someone like yourself gets a bit of practice and experience and help with sources for such personal enquiries, it can get a lot easier the more one progresses, and even a small detail can be a vital clue,... such as for example an age or approximate year of birth, a religion, a hobby.

The forum is indeed basically simple to use and to navigates, BUT, some parts and features of it can be a tad quirky and nebulous to use until one has got a bit if experience with how it's various features work,... just ask for help if stuck or puzzled and many will try to assist you.

This is the forum Belfast genealogy section link,...
http://www.belfastforum.co.uk/index.php/board,20.0.html

For enquiries about looking for more recent Old friends or family members this is the most relevant and potentially useful section on the link below, because someone who knew them personally might see your enquiry message/messages,... and an appropriately worded and informative message title can be helpful and useful with such enquiry message posts,... http://www.belfastforum.co.uk/index.php/board,93.0.html

This,... is the link to your current lists of various posts, which includes your enquiry message posts and the names of the people in them,...
http://www.belfastforum.co.uk/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=29580

paulrw

« Reply #4162 on: September 05, 2019, 03:25:02 PM »
Hi could someone tell me what you called shop end of Torrance gardens and who all worked in it? Thanks