Author Topic: Welcome to Belfast Forum - Please read.  (Read 346351 times)

Betty_cook

Re: Welcome to Belfast Forum - Please read.
« Reply #4155 on: July 02, 2019, 07:36:54 PM »
Hi there yes my dad sammy gordon was a lorry driver as well, and yes he did live at 100 mayo street
100 Mayo Street in 1960,... Samuel Gordon lorry driver. ?

https://www.lennonwylie.co.uk/mcomplete1960.htm

Raymond coyle

« Reply #4156 on: August 29, 2019, 01:56:33 PM »
Hi. Belfast Forum.
Could someone help me pass on my thanks to James James for supplying information on relatives I have lost contact with.  They lived at 43 Susan Street. Although I responded  with a thank.you I'm not sure my messages was delivered.
I find the site a little difficult to navigate as im not that IT literate.
Many thanks
Raymond Coyle

jillyfred

« Reply #4157 on: August 29, 2019, 02:32:06 PM »

Hello Raymond,
James James will see your post as you replied to him on a Thread he was posting on and he will no doubt be looking in to see how his posts have been received.
In future,however,I would suggest any enquiries you may have, with regard to family etcetera,you post them on the Belfast Genealogy Thread where there are many experts who are very helpful to people like yourself.
Welcome to the Forum, and one does not have to have great IT knowledge to enjoy the Forum.If that were the case I would be lost!!! :D

jilly

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #4158 on: August 29, 2019, 10:36:41 PM »
Hi. Belfast Forum.
Could someone help me pass on my thanks to James James for supplying information on relatives I have lost contact with.  They lived at 43 Susan Street. Although I responded  with a thank.you I'm not sure my messages was delivered.
I find the site a little difficult to navigate as im not that IT literate.
Many thanks
Raymond Coyle
HI RAYMOND, WELCOME TO THE BF,  MANY PEOPLE  WRITE IN TO FIND OUT ABOUT  RELATIVES ETC AND SOMETIMES THEY ARE LUCKY ENOUGH TO GET SOMEONE  WHO EITHER KNOWS THEM, KNOWS SOMEONE WHO DOES AND ON IT GOES HA.  I AM GLAD YOU WERE ABLE TO HAVE JJ GET YOU SOME INFO.  GOOD LUCK.  LIZ  XX
sixtyniner

Raymond coyle

« Reply #4159 on: August 30, 2019, 08:59:22 PM »
Hello Raymond,
James James will see your post as you replied to him on a Thread he was posting on and he will no doubt be looking in to see how his posts have been received.
In future,however,I would suggest any enquiries you may have, with regard to family etcetera,you post them on the Belfast Genealogy Thread where there are many experts who are very helpful to people like yourself.
Welcome to the Forum, and one does not have to have great IT knowledge to enjoy the Forum.If that were the case I would be lost!!! :D

jilly

Raymond coyle

« Reply #4160 on: August 30, 2019, 09:05:33 PM »
Hi Jill.
I'm not  sure you will get my reply as I find the site difficult to navigate with a reply.
Here goes.
However, thank you for your advice  're posting on a different during of the forum.
Ray

James James

« Reply #4161 on: August 31, 2019, 02:47:20 AM »
Hello Raymond,

jilly
Yep,... and multiple dittos to that message and comments,... and thankyou Raymond, glad to be of any small help, as are many others on here,... and once someone like yourself gets a bit of practice and experience and help with sources for such personal enquiries, it can get a lot easier the more one progresses, and even a small detail can be a vital clue,... such as for example an age or approximate year of birth, a religion, a hobby.

The forum is indeed basically simple to use and to navigates, BUT, some parts and features of it can be a tad quirky and nebulous to use until one has got a bit if experience with how it's various features work,... just ask for help if stuck or puzzled and many will try to assist you.

This is the forum Belfast genealogy section link,...
http://www.belfastforum.co.uk/index.php/board,20.0.html

For enquiries about looking for more recent Old friends or family members this is the most relevant and potentially useful section on the link below, because someone who knew them personally might see your enquiry message/messages,... and an appropriately worded and informative message title can be helpful and useful with such enquiry message posts,... http://www.belfastforum.co.uk/index.php/board,93.0.html

This,... is the link to your current lists of various posts, which includes your enquiry message posts and the names of the people in them,...
http://www.belfastforum.co.uk/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=29580

paulrw

« Reply #4162 on: September 05, 2019, 03:25:02 PM »
Hi could someone tell me what you called shop end of Torrance gardens and who all worked in it? Thanks

birdfancier

« Reply #4163 on: September 25, 2019, 12:28:12 AM »
hi everyone  I was born in Belfast 1945 bought up in Lisburn but each summer would stay with my grandmother in Belfast did not join the Lisburn site feel more at home on this one left Lisburn 1972 just been back twice made my home in Oxford  now 74 still working as caretaker in city church it's nice to meet people from NI  and first thing you say is what part are you from as for me people think I have just got off the boat even after 47 years great reading so many posts

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #4164 on: September 25, 2019, 11:10:17 PM »
hi everyone  I was born in Belfast 1945 bought up in Lisburn but each summer would stay with my grandmother in Belfast did not join the Lisburn site feel more at home on this one left Lisburn 1972 just been back twice made my home in Oxford  now 74 still working as caretaker in city church it's nice to meet people from NI  and first thing you say is what part are you from as for me people think I have just got off the boat even after 47 years great reading so many posts
HI BF, NICE TO SEE YOU ON HERE AND WELCOME.  I WAS BORN IN 1945 HA. I'VE LIVED IN CANADA SINCE 74 , I STILL HAVE FAMILY THAT LIVES IN LISBURN BUT WE LIVED IN BELFAST , MY SISTER MARRIED AND MOVED TO LISBURN  WHEN  TROUBLES  MOVED INTO THEIR ST.   I USE TO VISIT HER EVERY WKEND  .  I'M GLAD YOU STLL HAVE YOUR ACCENT, I'VE HAD TO WORK AT KEEPING MINE AS THERE IS NO ONE ESLE I TALK TO THAT HAS ONE.  WELL ENOUGH FOR NOW. I HOPE YOU COME BACK AND  LET US KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON IN YOUR LIFE.   WE ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO  TALK ABOUT OTHER THREADS  BUT THERE  IS ONE CALLED  "CANADA TODAY" AND  IT'S VERY GOOD.   PEOPLE  FROM BELFAST AND OTHER PARTS OF THE WORLD WHO CAME FROM THERE AND IN AND AROUND BUT WHO CARES WHERE YOU COME FROM  , ON THE  FORUM EVERYONE IS WELCOME SO YOU MIGHT CHECK IT OUT.  NICE TO HAVE TALKED WITH YOU BF.  COME BACK AGAIN SOON.  LIZ  XXXX
sixtyniner

jillyfred

« Reply #4165 on: September 26, 2019, 11:07:00 AM »
====
Hello birdfancier,

Welcome to the Forum.
Oxford is a beautiful City.
You would see a lot of changes in both Lisburn and Belfast I am sure if you came for a visit.
Feel welcome to join in any of the Treads-we are always happy to hear from people like yourself.

jilly

birdfancier

« Reply #4166 on: September 26, 2019, 07:27:28 PM »
thank-you Jilly

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #4167 on: October 22, 2019, 11:10:51 AM »
MORNING EVERYONE, JUST A WEE QUICK ONE.  OUR VOTING DAY WAS YESTERDAY AND I STILL HAVE NOT WATCHED THE TV TO SEE WHO WON BUT I WILL THIS MORNING.  I HOPE YOU ARE HAVING  NICE WEATHER, SO FAR OUR'S  IS NOT BAD.  THE SUN COMES OUT BUT THE WIND IS BITTER.  I WENT OUT AFTER VOTING,  I JUST  HAD TO GO DOWNSTAIRS IN OUR BUILDING BUT THEN WENT OUT FOR A FEW GROCERIES SO I KNOW HOW COLD THE WIND WAS..  ANYWAY I HOPE YOU ARE ALL KEEPING WELL.   TAKE CARE.  LIZ XXXXXX
sixtyniner

Monina

« Reply #4168 on: November 05, 2019, 07:38:10 AM »
Hi. I'm Monina born in Armagh
My granda was thomas Lavery (Joe)
In 1911 he lived with his parents John and Jane  nee Beattie at 36 Butler street Belfast.
I have seen another person in the forum has a link also. Hope they can see this
Regards monina

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #4169 on: November 06, 2019, 03:00:15 AM »
Hi. I'm Monina born in Armagh
My granda was thomas Lavery (Joe)
In 1911 he lived with his parents John and Jane  nee Beattie at 36 Butler street Belfast.
I have seen another person in the forum has a link also. Hope they can see this
Regards monina
HI MONINA, WELCOME TO THE BF.  I SEE YOU ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE AND I HOPE YOU  GET  WHAT YOU NEED.  THIS IS A GREAT  FORUM  AND LOTS OF TIME  SOME PEOPLE COME ON AND ARE ABLE TO HELP YOU, I HOPE  SOMEONE  CAN HELP YOU.    I HOPE  YOU COME BACK AND LET US KNOW HOW THINGS GO WITH YOU.   I'M SORRY I CAN'T BE OF HELP.   LIZXXXXX
sixtyniner