Author Topic: Welcome to Belfast Forum - Please read.  (Read 351520 times)

Taggart 009

Re: Welcome to Belfast Forum - Please read.
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2006, 12:12:24 AM »

Christopher

« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2006, 12:17:21 AM »
I'm a member there too :D

bseggy

« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2006, 07:58:23 AM »
Hello All.  I'm new to this forum.  I live in Nanaimo, British Columbia.  On Vancouver Island off Canada's beautiful west coast.  I've never been to Belfast. so please forgive me if I seem ill-informed.  My great grandparents John Balfour and Ellen Lunney came to Toronto, Ontario, Canada from Belfast in 1886 and 1887.

I'll post my questions in the other rooms.

giannineo

« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2006, 09:54:31 PM »
eddiec,I thought it was Joshua who drove a Triumph,"the roar of Joshua's triumph was heard all ove Israel.Jacob played football"Jacob dribbled down his beard" .possibly because he had been eating ice cream by the Walls of Jericho.

eddiec

« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2006, 10:32:20 PM »
He wouldn't have borrowed Isaiahs - he only lent it to his posse:
I have summoned my warriors to carry out my wrath— those who rejoice in my Triumph.
Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please.  <i>Mark Twain</i>

giannineo

« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2006, 10:33:56 PM »
nice one Eddiec

Taggart 009

« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2006, 11:20:15 PM »

Couljo

« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2006, 09:51:19 PM »
 :) Hi everyone I'm a mum to two and an ex-pat trying to get home. We're selling up to come back here but the property prices here are painful  :'( sob sob! The thing I miss most about home is veda bread and coleraine cheese, the thing I miss least is the weather but home is home and you can't beat it. I hope to visit this site when the kids and the other half allow!

madonnarut

« Reply #53 on: November 16, 2006, 06:06:47 PM »
hi everyone! im new to this site, u can call me Mad for short, or for wotever reason u like :P i hope to keep up with loads of goins on in Belfast thru this site as i never get up there as often as i'd like to ;D

eddiec

« Reply #54 on: November 16, 2006, 10:51:45 PM »
Couljo and madonnarut... welcome to the forum... :D

There a great bunch here... well... most of the time ;)  ::)
Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please.  <i>Mark Twain</i>

Christopher

« Reply #55 on: November 17, 2006, 12:41:03 AM »
Welcome to the Forum madonnarut 8) I'll save AL CAPONE asking his usual question :D Can you sing ???

Welcome to you too Couljo. How old are your two? I read a message from a young mum on the site ... she was asking about Nutt's Corner Market. I'm sure one of you will be pleased if you use the site's search facilities you should be able to find a Christmas thread. The kids might like it as they will be able to send a letter to Santa :D

seosamh

« Reply #56 on: November 17, 2006, 09:06:00 PM »
dia duit everyone thanks for welcoming me into your site.Delighted to have found this site while browsing the internet. I love everything about belfast. The thing that caught my eye was the chat about the falls and raglan st.I used to live in peel street when I married.

AL CAPONE

« Reply #57 on: November 18, 2006, 12:08:29 PM »
my da's from there

susanojoe1

« Reply #58 on: November 23, 2006, 10:27:44 PM »
Hi All
I've just joined your forum and very glad to be here. I came via a link from "Your Family Tree" magazine, which recommended this website. I live in Cheshire, England but have Irish and Scottish ancestors so I hope that qualifies me to be here. My husband also has Irish ancestors, hence the surname (O'Connor).
I have been reading the posts for a few days now and thoroughly enjoyed them, especially the banter between everyone. I'm 53, married with 3 kids and 1 grandson.
I'll go and read some more posts so bye for now.
Sue

Christopher

« Reply #59 on: November 23, 2006, 10:43:54 PM »
Hello Sue,

Welcome to the Forum.

Could you please let me know the URL to the Link on "Your Family Tree" as it looks as though we may not have a link to them so I need to check this one. It's OK Sue ... I found "Your Family Tree" and the message referring to the Forum. It was posted by ChrisPaton who is a member of the Forum. Not only did I find the reference to the Forum that you spotted I registered as a member and have posted details on the Genealogy board. Many thanks for mentioning it in your message. Such feedback is helpful.

Many thanks.

Christopher