Author Topic: Northern Ireland's future at risk without post-Brexit customs deal, says Hain  (Read 61512 times)

James James

Re: Northern Ireland's future at risk without post-Brexit customs deal, says Hain
« Reply #1335 on: December 07, 2019, 02:50:30 PM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-50634491 
"2nd December 2019"

"General election 2019: Sinn Féin attacks DUP's 'crazy Brexit agenda' "

"The Sinn Féin president has accused the Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) of using its "crazy" Brexit agenda as a badge of honour at Westminster."

"Mary Lou McDonald was speaking at the unveiling of her party's general election manifesto in Londonderry."

"The party's 15-page document focuses mainly on Brexit and Irish unity."

"Addressing the manifesto event, Ms McDonald attacked the claim the solution to Brexit would only be found in the House of Commons."           etcetera,...

Billy Fish

Re: Northern Ireland's future at risk without post-Brexit customs deal, says Hain
« Reply #1336 on: December 08, 2019, 08:17:54 PM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-50634491 
"2nd December 2019"

"General election 2019: Sinn Féin attacks DUP's 'crazy Brexit agenda' "

"The Sinn Féin president has accused the Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) of using its "crazy" Brexit agenda as a badge of honour at Westminster."

"Mary Lou McDonald was speaking at the unveiling of her party's general election manifesto in Londonderry."

"The party's 15-page document focuses mainly on Brexit and Irish unity."

"Addressing the manifesto event, Ms McDonald attacked the claim the solution to Brexit would only be found in the House of Commons."           etcetera,...

More lies from Sinn Fein / IRA. What else can we expect. They are past masters at lying.  >:D
Support Soldier F
Remember the bravery and deeds of the Men & Women of the USC, RUC, RUC Reserve, the UDR, PSNI, but most of all the British Army.

tours

« Reply #1337 on: December 09, 2019, 12:30:25 AM »
Ordinary people with no axe to grind, believe that Stormont is a gravy train for all of them.
Waiting times at most A&E's... 7hours +.
Stormont should be closed till they agree a way forward together.
Their pay should have been stopped 2 months after the house of cards came down.
Its a disgrace.
I wont be voting for any of them.
The green and orange politics these days, a rouge for them to feather their own nests.
Shisters. 
God forgive them.
More stories tonight of the feathering of nests by so called Irish Republicans in West Belfast. Make you sick.. 🤮
People buy the lies, yet it is clear in West Belfast, who is doing very well financially.
Family dynasties... £££
I mean Paul Maskey in the top 10 best MP's awards. Lol.
There is a hollow vacum between his 2 ears. He hasnt got a clue. Listen and disect any of his utterances.
A complete embarrassment.
Yet he is protected by the dynasty family Maskey.
The whole family have done very very well from the Peace business. 😕🙄
White collar crime, in another disguise.
Both sides, the DUP too.
Certain people in West Belfast have instilled a cancer within Irish Republicanism of self interest. 
The pinnacle being the support for votes, of the whole sale slaughter of Irish children in their mothers wombs.
God will not forgive them, come judgement day.
What could be worse than this....??

Life is fleeting.
Gods judgement is permanent for all eternity.
What doth it gain a man to loose his soul???
I will continue to pray for them.
I wish one of their main Politicans would have a Damascus conversion, and tell the truth about them.
It will happen, at some point.
There is a satanic smoke within.
It will take a courageous person in the North, such as Padar Tobain in the South.

Better to be at the opening of the new 'Christ the King' traditional Catholic Church in North Belfast (Fortwilliam) this Wednesday night.
The Church will be offically opened with the Past vicars and congregation of the old Mc Crory Presbyterian Church in attendance.
The have said how pleased they are, that the Church will still be used for Christian worship. 😊
God Bless them.
I suppose those with no Christian faith (Sinn Fein), would wish it was turned into a Bar or Reatraunt. 🙄 And have their greedy hands all over it.
I will report on proceedings come Thursday.
I am looking forward to meeting Presbyteriams, I have before. They walk, like me, in the shadow of Christs teachings in the Bible. 👍🙏😊
Try and make it on Wednesday... Its open to all.
Listen and learn.
God fearing people all, I am sure... 😊

https://twitter.com/williamcrawley/status/1203769047667675136?s=09

Strange.
This is where Satan is leading us to.
He said he would start with the family.
Breaking/attacking it.

bjay

« Reply #1339 on: December 09, 2019, 05:40:15 PM »
On 2nd October 2019 the DUP agreed to a border down the Irish Sea as part of their support for the Brexit deal. It was on the watch of the arch Brexiteer Nigel Dodds. He now holds Ulster Hall rallies and aligns with extremists and some with paramilitary links against the very Irish Sea border he agreed to.

Billy Fish

« Reply #1340 on: December 09, 2019, 07:29:49 PM »
On 2nd October 2019 the DUP agreed to a border down the Irish Sea as part of their support for the Brexit deal. It was on the watch of the arch Brexiteer Nigel Dodds. He now holds Ulster Hall rallies and aligns with extremists and some with paramilitary links against the very Irish Sea border he agreed to.

:D
Support Soldier F
Remember the bravery and deeds of the Men & Women of the USC, RUC, RUC Reserve, the UDR, PSNI, but most of all the British Army.

syriana

« Reply #1341 on: December 09, 2019, 08:17:15 PM »
If I was Nigel Dodds I would be worried.  He is facing a strong challenge from John Finucane in the race for North Belfast on Thursday - the dynamics have changed since the 2017 election with the Green Party stepping aside to aide the Sinn Fein pro-remain candidate.

His wife Diane Dodds is an MEP - I'm not sure whether or not she will have a job when the UK withdraws from the EU.  Hopefully they will be financially secure if they both lose their jobs. I have no idea what the pension arrangements are for redundant MP's.

On the plus side - if Boris gets his overall parliamentary majority on Thursday the DUP will lose their influence at Westminster.  To re-establish Stormont as their power base the DUP would have to sit down with Sinn Fein and try to restore the Executive.  Personally I would prefer that Civil Servants be given the power to manage Northern Ireland - even Direct Rule would be preferable to putting that bunch of dummies back in power.
No answer is an answer.

GandT

« Reply #1342 on: December 09, 2019, 09:18:13 PM »
If I was Nigel Dodds I would be worried.  He is facing a strong challenge from John Finucane in the race for North Belfast on Thursday - the dynamics have changed since the 2017 election with the Green Party stepping aside to aide the Sinn Fein pro-remain candidate.

His wife Diane Dodds is an MEP - I'm not sure whether or not she will have a job when the UK withdraws from the EU.  Hopefully they will be financially secure if they both lose their jobs. I have no idea what the pension arrangements are for redundant MP's.

On the plus side - if Boris gets his overall parliamentary majority on Thursday the DUP will lose their influence at Westminster.  To re-establish Stormont as their power base the DUP would have to sit down with Sinn Fein and try to restore the Executive.  Personally I would prefer that Civil Servants be given the power to manage Northern Ireland - even Direct Rule would be preferable to putting that bunch of dummies back in power.

GandT

« Reply #1343 on: December 09, 2019, 09:21:07 PM »

Don't know about north Belfast - polls show Dodds as likely to hold although under significant pressure. Polls indicate that Claire Hanna is slightly more likely to win from Little-Pengelly in South Belfast if she can retain some votes that might otherwise go to Alliance. The part played by Aontú [unequivocally anti-abortion but overall republican analysis] may be important where hundreds or a couple of thousand votes could be crucial in marginals [affecting variously SDLP and SF vote]. This is part of the Aontú message to republican / nationalist parties not to take voters for granted. How this would work out in Foyle [SDLP v SF] and where there is a well-known and respected Aontú candidate is fascinating.

It looks like Boris will probably get enough of a majority to jettison May's arrangements with the DUP; he has done so in any case but the DUP voters may feel they have nowhere else to go in polarised constituencies. As to Civil Servants in NI - individually very intelligent and capable people but I suspect that they are going to be slated as much if not more than the politicians by RHI. There was collective ineptitude, a culture of not wanting to rock the boat, dereliction of duty in not taking adequate minutes and notes, deference to ministers where advice needed to be more forceful etc.

I am not so dismissive of our own politicians although very critical of present leadership of both main parties and the way in which individuals are tethered to over- ideological standpoints which are, but need not be, mutually exclusive!

Bigali

« Reply #1344 on: December 09, 2019, 11:31:01 PM »

Dodds and wifey are both barristers , I don’t think they’ll starve.
Support Soldier F Support Soldier B

The courageous deeds and sacrifices of the RUC and UDR must never be airbrushed from history .

James James

« Reply #1347 on: December 10, 2019, 01:29:59 AM »

James James

« Reply #1348 on: December 10, 2019, 01:33:11 AM »

James James

« Reply #1349 on: December 10, 2019, 01:42:58 AM »
Wrong arm surely. ?!