Author Topic: Northern Ireland's future at risk without post-Brexit customs deal, says Hain  (Read 25243 times)

HarryHippo

Re: Northern Ireland's future at risk without post-Brexit customs deal, says Hain
« Reply #675 on: November 29, 2018, 06:02:49 PM »
To my mind there are all kinds of people with Agendas-not any of which are related to the
vote which was to leave.
It was a UK vote-not a vote for individual sections-NI,Scotland -the so called `Remainers`lost
the vote.
Those who voted to Leave have been subjected to the worst defamatory character defects.

They are apparently uneducated,unintelligent,incapable of knowing what they were voting for.
Personally I find that untenable and patronising.

If,those who have constantly raved and ranted against the Democratic vote almost two years ago
should be successful in defeating that vote-well to my mind that is the final curtain on any election
or referendum-any future ones will simply be as if we had lost the war and the Nazis were in power.

They say `big business `is in favour of Remaining-well from where I stand-`Big Business`,the Banks,
-the threatening of unemployment ,no food,no this no that,all just a ploy to try to put the wind up the
ordinary people.

What they have completely forgotten is that the so called `ordinary people`they have so maligned,
have more backbone to withstand anything and everything ,they who have denigraded them-a complete and
utter disgrace to their homeland which they seem bent to destroy-with all of their many other PC
misguided backed plans-immigration-open all doors-disregard for the lives of the indigenous population.

As for all the `carry on` about giving the Free State and the border between it and Northern Ireland the
houseroom its been given-there again-a mountain out of a mole hill-just not important.The Free State is
in the EU-fine-its up to them to sort out their own house-not the UK to do it for them.
Again-just more muddying of waters to gain ground.

All the above is IMHO-others on this thread have had theirs-which I respect-so I expect the same.

jilly
Great post Jilly .     O0
Lux Et Veritas

syriana

Re: Northern Ireland's future at risk without post-Brexit customs deal, says Hain
« Reply #676 on: November 29, 2018, 06:20:11 PM »
I voted reman along with around 56 per cent of the Northern Irish electorate but If you don't accept the overall United Kingdom outcome you are not a democrat.  I was appalled at a post on here recently from someone based in Antipodes calling over 17 million Brexit voters bigots.   However, I felt angry last week when I watched that 'towering intellect' Sammy Wilson being interviewed on national television claiming that he was representing the Northern Irish people.  Sammy is a self made man - so he has only himself to blame.
Never Let The Truth Get In The Way Of Your Interpretation Of Someone Else's Opinion.

jillyfred

« Reply #677 on: November 29, 2018, 06:30:10 PM »
I voted reman along with around 56 per cent of the Northern Irish electorate but If you don't accept the overall United Kingdom outcome you are not a democrat.  I was appalled at a post on here recently from someone based in Antipodes calling over 17 million Brexit voters bigots.   However, I felt angry last week when I watched that 'towering intellect' Sammy Wilson being interviewed on national television claiming that he was representing the Northern Irish people.  Sammy is a self made man - so he has only himself to blame.

==
An honest and very fair post Syriana.

jilly

Dub

« Reply #678 on: November 29, 2018, 06:32:37 PM »
 Poor Sammy he always gets very agitated.  Guess we will all have to "wait and see"
                                                                                                All the best, Dub.
If you don't read the papers you are not informed.
If you do read the papers you are misinformed.( Mark Twain.)

Blueflulew

« Reply #679 on: December 07, 2018, 08:08:05 PM »

Well Priti Patel seems to have found a solution , starve the island of Ireland until they come to heel !!!!!
 https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/brexit/priti-patel-use-threats-of-food-shortages-to-force-ireland-to-drop-brexit-backstop/ar-BBQDd8z?ocid=spartanntp

Think she needs to look at a bit of history and have a re think, or perhaps the callous bitch has read a bit of Irish history. The same lady that was international development minister and big mates with Israel.