Author Topic: Northern Ireland's future at risk without post-Brexit customs deal, says Hain  (Read 47341 times)

James James

Re: Northern Ireland's future at risk without post-Brexit customs deal, says Hain
« Reply #720 on: February 16, 2019, 03:35:08 AM »

tours

Re: Northern Ireland's future at risk without post-Brexit customs deal, says Hain
« Reply #721 on: February 18, 2019, 05:40:25 AM »

Ticky tocky.. Lol
Seems some at Stormont are worried, compared to some on the forum. Lol.
Sure what would the DUP and those at Stormont know?? Lol.
Keep sticking the heads in the sand though.... Lol

James James

« Reply #722 on: February 22, 2019, 06:03:48 PM »
Unlike the British government,... the Irish government is planning for, and making provisions to try to help to counteract the damaging effects of a no deal breaksit.

https://www.apnews.com/737135d10d8a4fe489df9b11f1542393

"Ireland publishes no-deal Brexit bill it hopes it won’t need"

"Deputy Prime Minister Simon Coveney, right, and Minister of State for European Affairs Helen McEntee, give a media conference on the publication of the Withdrawal of the United Kingdom from the European Union (Consequential Provisions) Bill 2019, at Government Buildings in Dublin, Ireland, Friday Feb. 22, 2019."

"The Irish government on Friday published legislation designed to ease the damage if Britain leaves the European Union"

syriana

« Reply #723 on: February 23, 2019, 07:48:31 PM »
I'm sick, sore and tired listening to it (Brexit).  I am avoiding news on TV and will continue to do so until it is over - if I live that long.  No point on logging on here for a break when one of our Brexit obsessed anti-British posters is blitzing us with Brexit related links and cartoons.  I was going to buy myself a sports jacket for the forthcoming summer but I am now considering buying a straight jacket instead.

By adding that I will just scroll past these terrible Brexit posts might dissuade some genius from taking great delight in telling me to do so.

The Truth is a Lie Which Hasn't Been Found Out.

Bigali

« Reply #724 on: February 23, 2019, 07:53:45 PM »
I'm sick, sore and tired listening to it (Brexit).  I am avoiding news on TV and will continue to do so until it is over - if I live that long.  No point on logging on here for a break when one of our Brexit obsessed anti-British posters is blitzing us with Brexit related links and cartoons.  I was going to buy myself a sports jacket for the forthcoming summer but I am now considering buying a straight jacket instead.

By adding that I will just scroll past these terrible Brexit posts might dissuade some genius from taking great delight in telling me to do so.

:D
Support Soldier F Support Soldier B

The courageous deeds and sacrifices of the RUC and UDR must never be airbrushed from history .

HarryHippo

« Reply #725 on: February 23, 2019, 07:55:55 PM »

:D   --
Lux Et Veritas.

Support Soldier F

syriana

« Reply #726 on: February 23, 2019, 08:29:26 PM »
The other side of the coin is that on this Forum this are even more one-eyed, rabid Brexies who feel the need to gloat about the mess they have got themselves into.  :(

Speaking as a remainer I have to agree with you that we have got ourselves into one almighty mess - but it's obvious to anyone with half a brain that you are the one who is gloating.
The Truth is a Lie Which Hasn't Been Found Out.

Jim McCullough

« Reply #727 on: February 24, 2019, 12:00:22 AM »

Surely Brexit is a matter for the British people of these islands and not a matter for those who left these islands long ago. Just wondering.

To me it's current affairs, just like British citizens having an opinion on Trump. If that's all right with you??  >:D
Justice for the innocent victims of Soldier F.

White dee

Justice for all the innocent/ unarmed People who were
Gunned down by the British Soldiers,
For no other reason then their religion,were murdered.

Billy Fish

« Reply #729 on: February 24, 2019, 06:22:28 PM »
To me it's current affairs, just like British citizens having an opinion on Trump. If that's all right with you??  >:D

No problem with people commenting on current affairs, as long as it not thinly disguised Anti British rhetoric.
Support Soldier F
Remember the bravery and deeds of the Men & Women of the USC, RUC, RUC Reserve, the UDR, PSNI, but most of all the British Army.

James James

Dot/dash

« Reply #731 on: February 25, 2019, 10:33:06 AM »
Speaking as a remainer I have to agree with you that we have got ourselves into one almighty mess - but it's obvious to anyone with half a brain that you are the one who is gloating.

look at the smug looks on the faces of these two women                one is responsible for opening the

floodgates of refugees/immigrants           .       the other aul bat not delivering what the majority of Brits voted

for              leave the EU

May's in a comfort zone            surrounded by this lot of EU muppets           no wonder they look

delighted          nothing has changed at all since September 2016      the EU has conceded on nought

..    God dam you May for surrendering our country to Brussels        .

love me          love my gelding     

James James

« Reply #732 on: February 26, 2019, 03:53:25 AM »

James James

« Reply #733 on: February 27, 2019, 03:59:13 AM »

"26 February 2019"
https://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/mike-nesbitt-some-unionists-are-now-weighing-up-irish-unity-1-8824491

"A former leader of the Ulster Unionist Party has accepted that Brexit has undermined the Union but appealed to nationalists to ensure that any border poll does not repeat the problems of the EU referendum."

"Mike Nesbitt, who stepped down as Ulster Unionist leader almost two years ago but remains an MLA, said that many people in Northern Ireland feel “diminished” as a result of Brexit and he suggested that it may be the biggest own goal by unionists since the creation of Northern Ireland almost a century ago."

"Mr Nesbitt’s comments were made during a podcast interview with the Think32 campaign group http://think32.eu   which was founded last year to promote a debate about Irish unity."    etcetera,...

My note,... he went on to say later in the article,...

"But although the Strangford MLA made clear that he continued to firmly believe in the Union and that it was up to nationalists to convince him otherwise, he added:"

I know of people from a unionist background who are now basically thinking the unthinkable and just basically asking the question ‘would I be better off or worse off ?’ ”    etcetera,...

tours

When you have little to say, attack.
That's what they'll do, re: Mike.
Lundy, I tell ye.. !!!!!
Not a clue they have..blinded by bigotry.