Author Topic: Northern Ireland's future at risk without post-Brexit customs deal, says Hain  (Read 42414 times)

MargaretS

The crimes of the B specials the R U C the U D R and the British ARMY should never be forgotten   justice for all
no matter how long it takes

White dee

He,s   a flim flam man

Police order McDonald’s to stop selling milkshakes near Farage rally, you couldn't make this stuff up  :D :)

https://www.independent.ie/world-news/europe/britain/police-order-mcdonalds-to-stop-selling-milkshakes-near-farage-rally-38124760.html
Justice for all the innocent/ unarmed People who were
Gunned down by the British Soldiers,
For no other reason then their religion,were murdered.

Dot/dash

He,s   a flim flam man

what exactly is a flim flam man       
love me          love my gelding     

James James

He's a flim flam man

"16 May 2019"
https://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-wales-48299868/nigel-farage-it-s-not-eu-money-it-s-a-myth
"Nigel Farage: 'It's not EU money... it's a myth' "

"It's not EU money... it's one of the great myths and pretensions," was Nigel Farage's response when asked how Welsh towns would fare without EU financial support."

"The Brexit Party leader was in Merthyr Tydfil for a rally ahead of next week's European elections."

"BBC Wales reporter Arwyn Jones repeatedly asked him what would happen to the town after the UK leaves the European Union."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/politics/how-much-money-wales-gets-12765100

"This is how much money Wales gets from the European Union and how it is spent"

"Wales currently receives around £680 million of EU funds every year , according to the Welsh Government."

"Advocates of remaining in the EU also point to the economic benefits that accrue from being able to export without tariffs and barriers (a recent Welsh Government white paper points out that Welsh international exports are dominated by a small number of large exporters)."

"One of the outcomes of a no deal Brexit is that the UK reverts to World Trade Organisation rules."

"Some people say this is not an issue, but others say it will have a huge impact, because tariffs under WTO rules are much higher than the average EU tariff."

"Under WTO rules, cars and car parts would be taxed at 10% every time they crossed the UK-EU border."

"Some agricultural products are at 35%."

"If the UK lowers or waives tariffs, that could mean some cheaper products coming into the country for consumers — but it also risks driving some UK producers out of business."

"Wales has been given just over £4 billion of 'structural funding' since 2000."

"Town centre improvements in areas including Merthyr Tydfil, Pontypridd and Llanelli (£80 million)"

James James

"EU Funding in Northern Ireland"        http://www.eurolink-eu.net/eu-funding-2/

Dot/dash

"EU Funding in Northern Ireland"        http://www.eurolink-eu.net/eu-funding-2/

nothing new here               of course EU  funds N. I.

Billy Fish

nothing new here               of course EU  funds N. I.

But the UK still pays in more than we get back.  :)
Support Soldier F
Remember the bravery and deeds of the Men & Women of the USC, RUC, RUC Reserve, the UDR, PSNI, but most of all the British Army.

Dot/dash

But the UK still pays in more than we get back.  :)

yes indeed it does        .       can't  wait for the EU elections      .     Brexit    :clapping:

MargaretS

what exactly is a flim flam man       

a conman  dot
The crimes of the B specials the R U C the U D R and the British ARMY should never be forgotten   justice for all
no matter how long it takes

Dot/dash

a conman  dot

that's a good one      .     I'll have to remember that one           :)

James James

"May 20 2019"
https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/brexit/may-brexit-warning-of-unstoppable-ireland-border-poll-pressure-in-no-deal-38128277.html

"May Brexit warning of 'unstoppable Ireland border poll pressure' in no deal"

"Theresa May has again been warned a no-deal Brexit would break up the UK creating "unstoppable pressure for a border poll,” in Northern Ireland, it has been reported."

"The warning has been reported in the Financial Times on Monday and comes as the Prime Minister prepares to table her Brexit deal to parliament for a fourth time next month.  She has promised a "new, bold" offer in a bid to win over support."

"The Financial Times reports Downing Street will tell Tories if the deal is defeated it will risk eitherano-deal exit, asecond referendum or another general election."

"The Prime Minister's chief of staff Gavin Barwell is reported to have told Conservative MPs a no-deal Brexit would create tensions in Northern Ireland."

"Officials told the paper it was thought Scotland would soon follow with its own demands for independence and a similar sentiment would develop in Wales."

Dot/dash

May the nasty/loathsome/treacherous witch      .     could quite possibly be capable       for supporting the

prosecution of the veteran survivors of WW2        .    nothing about this odious creature surprises me any more 

vote Brexit party  in EU elections           

Blake

"May 20 2019"
https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/brexit/may-brexit-warning-of-unstoppable-ireland-border-poll-pressure-in-no-deal-38128277.html

"May Brexit warning of 'unstoppable Ireland border poll pressure' in no deal"

"Theresa May has again been warned a no-deal Brexit would break up the UK creating "unstoppable pressure for a border poll,” in Northern Ireland, it has been reported."

"The warning has been reported in the Financial Times on Monday and comes as the Prime Minister prepares to table her Brexit deal to parliament for a fourth time next month.  She has promised a "new, bold" offer in a bid to win over support."

"The Financial Times reports Downing Street will tell Tories if the deal is defeated it will risk eitherano-deal exit, asecond referendum or another general election."

"The Prime Minister's chief of staff Gavin Barwell is reported to have told Conservative MPs a no-deal Brexit would create tensions in Northern Ireland."

"Officials told the paper it was thought Scotland would soon follow with its own demands for independence and a similar sentiment would develop in Wales."
nothing new in her updates.
artist formerly known as "that wee man from West Belfast"

White dee

Did someone mention another referendum  ::)
Justice for all the innocent/ unarmed People who were
Gunned down by the British Soldiers,
For no other reason then their religion,were murdered.

Billy Fish

Let's hope the next PM runs the clock down and we leave the EU, with or without a deal. Democracy must prevail and cannot be usurped by those who cannot accept Democracy or those who cannot accept Northern Ireland as an integral part of the United Kingdom.  :)
Support Soldier F
Remember the bravery and deeds of the Men & Women of the USC, RUC, RUC Reserve, the UDR, PSNI, but most of all the British Army.