Author Topic: Northern Ireland's future at risk without post-Brexit customs deal, says Hain  (Read 24162 times)

MargaretS

Re: Northern Ireland's future at risk without post-Brexit customs deal, says Hain
« Reply #660 on: November 08, 2018, 08:18:51 PM »
Themuns are called " greennecks ", with a tinge of red.  :whistle:

now you know theres nobody called greennecks
you meen the good guys

rednecks march in uniforms

jillyfred

Re: Northern Ireland's future at risk without post-Brexit customs deal, says Hain
« Reply #661 on: November 08, 2018, 09:06:30 PM »
Jilly there is a clear juxtaposition here
You can't teach an old dog new tricks (no offence intended)
Or
You are never too old to learn.

By the way You are still on the invite list for next year's garden party.

===
Your a Gentleman and a Scholar Citybloke.

jilly    :-*

White dee

« Reply #662 on: November 09, 2018, 10:05:17 PM »

Arlene Foster: PM's Brexit plan could see Northern Ireland separate from UK over next decade,
And this might be the best we'll get  :D 

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/arlene-foster-pms-brexit-plan-could-see-northern-ireland-separate-from-uk-over-next-decade-37511841.html
Never give up, great things take time
        Buddha

JackM

« Reply #663 on: November 10, 2018, 10:31:22 AM »

Arlene Foster: PM's Brexit plan could see Northern Ireland separate from UK over next decade,
And this might be the best we'll get  :D 

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/arlene-foster-pms-brexit-plan-could-see-northern-ireland-separate-from-uk-over-next-decade-37511841.html

I wouldn't get too upset about it. Its unlikely to be voted for by the Conservative and Unionist Party at Westminster.   :D
Justice for the Massacred of La Mon and other atrocities.  The TRUTH will set them FREE.

White dee

« Reply #664 on: November 13, 2018, 11:46:01 PM »

I think PM May is " kaput"  :o

Brexit breakthrough: UK handcuffed to EU with Brussels holding the keys and Northern Ireland dependent on Dublin, says DUP's Arlene Foster,

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/uk/brexit-breakthrough-uk-handcuffed-to-eu-with-brussels-holding-the-keys-and-northern-ireland-dependent-on-dublin-says-dups-arlene-foster-37526016.html
        Buddha

HarryHippo

« Reply #665 on: November 13, 2018, 11:51:13 PM »
Yeah, dream on ... the only ' truth ' is 135 days -22 hours - 8 minutes     :D
Lux Et Veritas

White dee

« Reply #666 on: November 14, 2018, 12:24:38 AM »
Yeah, dream on ... the only ' truth ' is 135 days -22 hours - 8 minutes     :D

Oh it will be a lot shorter then that for PM May  :D
Of course your probably listening to all those rumours from Ajax  ::)
        Buddha

HarryHippo

« Reply #667 on: November 14, 2018, 12:54:45 AM »
No Stephen Nolan told me  ;)
Lux Et Veritas

White dee

« Reply #668 on: November 14, 2018, 12:57:42 AM »
No Stephen Nolan told me  ;)

Very reassuring  :P
        Buddha

ExBuckfastdrinker

« Reply #669 on: November 14, 2018, 11:09:55 AM »
Did anyone watch that show on brexit. Monday twas on with fat lad nolan and some dame from rte. Wee Jim was on it and on one from scab alliance. It was a great gas.

GandT

« Reply #670 on: November 14, 2018, 11:52:28 AM »
I wouldn't get too upset about it. Its unlikely to be voted for by the Conservative and Unionist Party at Westminster.   :D

At first sight, I would agree, JackM. However, cabinet meeting will be a good guide. DUP vote can be predicted I think as will the votes of people like Boris and Rees-Mogg who are advocating something like Lord Salisbury's policy of 'splendid isolation' in a global economy inclined to favour huge trading blocks like the EU. However, some Tories who have mouthed Brexit lines now have to face real consequence and real parliamentary difficulties. I would be surprised if the Tory number-crunchers haven't done some relatively accurate break-down of how ALL votes across ALL parties might go. Not certain, of course, but enough to have advised May that the DUP are not the 'king-makers' on this issue that they thought they were.

If this deal cannot be accepted then there are only a couple of options left - a people's vote on some final version or a crash-out. Personally, I feel it may well be the 'no-deal' scenario which is not going to do no-one, no good, no way!!

jillyfred

« Reply #671 on: November 14, 2018, 01:35:53 PM »

As I was often told as a child-`just wait and see`.
All the hot air since the vote to leave is to me-just that.
jilly