Author Topic: Northern Ireland's future at risk without post-Brexit customs deal, says Hain  (Read 47279 times)

jillyfred

Re: Northern Ireland's future at risk without post-Brexit customs deal, says Hain
« Reply #675 on: November 29, 2018, 05:23:08 PM »

To my mind there are all kinds of people with Agendas-not any of which are related to the
vote which was to leave.
It was a UK vote-not a vote for individual sections-NI,Scotland -the so called `Remainers`lost
the vote.
Those who voted to Leave have been subjected to the worst defamatory character defects.

They are apparently uneducated,unintelligent,incapable of knowing what they were voting for.
Personally I find that untenable and patronising.

If,those who have constantly raved and ranted against the Democratic vote almost two years ago
should be successful in defeating that vote-well to my mind that is the final curtain on any election
or referendum-any future ones will simply be as if we had lost the war and the Nazis were in power.

They say `big business `is in favour of Remaining-well from where I stand-`Big Business`,the Banks,
-the threatening of unemployment ,no food,no this no that,all just a ploy to try to put the wind up the
ordinary people.

What they have completely forgotten is that the so called `ordinary people`they have so maligned,
have more backbone to withstand anything and everything ,they who have denigraded them-a complete and
utter disgrace to their homeland which they seem bent to destroy-with all of their many other PC
misguided backed plans-immigration-open all doors-disregard for the lives of the indigenous population.

As for all the `carry on` about giving the Free State and the border between it and Northern Ireland the
houseroom its been given-there again-a mountain out of a mole hill-just not important.The Free State is
in the EU-fine-its up to them to sort out their own house-not the UK to do it for them.
Again-just more muddying of waters to gain ground.

All the above is IMHO-others on this thread have had theirs-which I respect-so I expect the same.

jilly

HarryHippo

Re: Northern Ireland's future at risk without post-Brexit customs deal, says Hain
« Reply #676 on: November 29, 2018, 06:02:49 PM »
To my mind there are all kinds of people with Agendas-not any of which are related to the
vote which was to leave.
It was a UK vote-not a vote for individual sections-NI,Scotland -the so called `Remainers`lost
the vote.
Those who voted to Leave have been subjected to the worst defamatory character defects.

They are apparently uneducated,unintelligent,incapable of knowing what they were voting for.
Personally I find that untenable and patronising.

If,those who have constantly raved and ranted against the Democratic vote almost two years ago
should be successful in defeating that vote-well to my mind that is the final curtain on any election
or referendum-any future ones will simply be as if we had lost the war and the Nazis were in power.

They say `big business `is in favour of Remaining-well from where I stand-`Big Business`,the Banks,
-the threatening of unemployment ,no food,no this no that,all just a ploy to try to put the wind up the
ordinary people.

What they have completely forgotten is that the so called `ordinary people`they have so maligned,
have more backbone to withstand anything and everything ,they who have denigraded them-a complete and
utter disgrace to their homeland which they seem bent to destroy-with all of their many other PC
misguided backed plans-immigration-open all doors-disregard for the lives of the indigenous population.

As for all the `carry on` about giving the Free State and the border between it and Northern Ireland the
houseroom its been given-there again-a mountain out of a mole hill-just not important.The Free State is
in the EU-fine-its up to them to sort out their own house-not the UK to do it for them.
Again-just more muddying of waters to gain ground.

All the above is IMHO-others on this thread have had theirs-which I respect-so I expect the same.

jilly
Great post Jilly .     O0
Lux Et Veritas.

Support Soldier F

syriana

« Reply #677 on: November 29, 2018, 06:20:11 PM »
I voted reman along with around 56 per cent of the Northern Irish electorate but If you don't accept the overall United Kingdom outcome you are not a democrat.  I was appalled at a post on here recently from someone based in Antipodes calling over 17 million Brexit voters bigots.   However, I felt angry last week when I watched that 'towering intellect' Sammy Wilson being interviewed on national television claiming that he was representing the Northern Irish people.  Sammy is a self made man - so he has only himself to blame.
The Truth is a Lie Which Hasn't Been Found Out.

jillyfred

« Reply #678 on: November 29, 2018, 06:30:10 PM »
I voted reman along with around 56 per cent of the Northern Irish electorate but If you don't accept the overall United Kingdom outcome you are not a democrat.  I was appalled at a post on here recently from someone based in Antipodes calling over 17 million Brexit voters bigots.   However, I felt angry last week when I watched that 'towering intellect' Sammy Wilson being interviewed on national television claiming that he was representing the Northern Irish people.  Sammy is a self made man - so he has only himself to blame.

==
An honest and very fair post Syriana.

jilly

Dub

« Reply #679 on: November 29, 2018, 06:32:37 PM »
 Poor Sammy he always gets very agitated.  Guess we will all have to "wait and see"
                                                                                                All the best, Dub.
If you don't read the papers you are not informed.
If you do read the papers you are misinformed.( Mark Twain.)

Blueflulew

« Reply #680 on: December 07, 2018, 08:08:05 PM »

Well Priti Patel seems to have found a solution , starve the island of Ireland until they come to heel !!!!!
 https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/brexit/priti-patel-use-threats-of-food-shortages-to-force-ireland-to-drop-brexit-backstop/ar-BBQDd8z?ocid=spartanntp

Think she needs to look at a bit of history and have a re think, or perhaps the callous bitch has read a bit of Irish history. The same lady that was international development minister and big mates with Israel.

James James

« Reply #681 on: December 20, 2018, 06:42:10 AM »
"December 16 2018"
https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/irish-army-mappers-find-100-more-border-crossings-ahead-of-brexit-37631370.html

"Irish army mappers find 100 more border crossings ahead of Brexit"

"Brexit border audit discovers nearly 300 routes into Northern Ireland"

"The Irish Army has completed a confidential mapping of the Northern Ireland Border ahead of Brexit that has found substantially more routes into the region than previously thought."

"The mapping exercise is believed to have identified almost 300 crossing points into Northern Ireland across the 310-mile frontier, including many routes that had not been officially recorded before, according to informed sources."

"The routes are understood to include country lanes, private roads, rights of way across private lands and other unmarked access points leading into Northern Ireland that could be potential smuggling routes."  etcetera,...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puckoon         http://www.spikemilliganspuckoon.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9u4TtOE9qk

jjmack

« Reply #682 on: December 22, 2018, 12:04:38 AM »
Well Priti Patel seems to have found a solution , starve the island of Ireland until they come to heel !!!!!
 https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/brexit/priti-patel-use-threats-of-food-shortages-to-force-ireland-to-drop-brexit-backstop/ar-BBQDd8z?ocid=spartanntp

Think she needs to look at a bit of history and have a re think, or perhaps the callous bitch has read a bit of Irish history. The same lady that was international development minister and big mates with Israel.

My Note: Surely she is entitled to her opinion....whatever that may be ?  ::)
Wear your RED POPPY with PRIDE.  Lest we forget. BUY BRITISH.  Support the forces of LAW and ORDER, PAST and PRESENT. Justice for the BRITISH ARMY.

jjmack

« Reply #683 on: December 22, 2018, 12:06:56 AM »
"December 16 2018"
https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/irish-army-mappers-find-100-more-border-crossings-ahead-of-brexit-37631370.html

"Irish army mappers find 100 more border crossings ahead of Brexit"

"Brexit border audit discovers nearly 300 routes into Northern Ireland"

"The Irish Army has completed a confidential mapping of the Northern Ireland Border ahead of Brexit that has found substantially more routes into the region than previously thought."

"The mapping exercise is believed to have identified almost 300 crossing points into Northern Ireland across the 310-mile frontier, including many routes that had not been officially recorded before, according to informed sources."

"The routes are understood to include country lanes, private roads, rights of way across private lands and other unmarked access points leading into Northern Ireland that could be potential smuggling routes."  etcetera,...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puckoon         http://www.spikemilliganspuckoon.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9u4TtOE9qk

My Note: Surely it's the routes into the Free State the EU must be concerned about and not the other way round ?  ::)
Wear your RED POPPY with PRIDE.  Lest we forget. BUY BRITISH.  Support the forces of LAW and ORDER, PAST and PRESENT. Justice for the BRITISH ARMY.

GEMMA

« Reply #684 on: December 22, 2018, 12:52:58 AM »
Well finally the cat is out of the bag regarding the "back stop" .like a bad Tommy Cooper illusion , the EU was Tommy and Varadkar and Coveny where their hapless hopeless assistance,s, wont be forgotten of forgiven. Roll on IREXIT, it is inevitable.

HarryHippo

« Reply #685 on: December 22, 2018, 01:06:04 AM »
Well finally the cat is out of the bag regarding the "back stop" .like a bad Tommy Cooper illusion , the EU was Tommy and Varadkar and Coveny where their hapless hopeless assistance,s, wont be forgotten of forgiven. Roll on IREXIT, it is inevitable.
Only a matter of time indeed . infact i have my IREXIT countdown clock clicking away as we   ...  laugh      ;)     :D
Lux Et Veritas.

Support Soldier F

jjmack

jjmack

White dee

Tick,,,tick,,, ;)

Ministers discussed possibility of Irish border poll in event of no-deal Brexit- reports[/size]https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/ministers-discussed-possibility-of-irish-border-poll-in-event-of-nodeal-brexit-reports-37696467.html
Justice for all the innocent/ unarmed People who were
Gunned down by the British Soldiers,
For no other reason then their religion,were murdered.

James James

Tick,,,tick,,, ;)

Ministers discussed possibility of Irish border poll in event of no-deal Brexit- reports
https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/ministers-discussed-possibility-of-irish-border-poll-in-event-of-nodeal-brexit-reports-37696467.html 

Well WOW. !

"8th January 2019!
https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/constitution/northern-ireland-assembly/news/100958/ministers-discuss-prospect-break-uk-event

"Ministers discuss prospect of the break-up of the UK in the event of a no-deal Brexit"

"Senior ministers have discussed the prospect of the break-up of the United Kingdom if there is a no-deal Brexit, PoliticsHome has learned."

"Northern Ireland Secretary Karen Bradley issued the stark warning at Tuesday's meeting of the Cabinet."

"She said that a so-called "border poll" on the reunification of Ireland was far more likely if the UK crashes out of the bloc without a withdrawal agreement."

"Meanwhile, Shadow Scottish Secretary David Mundell also told the meeting that the Cabinet should be braced for Scottish first minister Nicola Sturgeon calling for a second independence referendum in the event of a chaotic Brexit."

"He also said that a second EU referendum would lead to another poll north of the Border."

"Under the terms of the Good Friday Agreement, an Irish referendum can only be called by the Northern Ireland Secretary if there is evidence that a majority in Northern Ireland would support reunification."

"Ms Bradley told Cabinet that Northern Ireland would be the worst affected part of the UK if there is a no-deal Brexit."

"One Cabinet source said: "The view was that a border poll in Northern Ireland was all-but inevitable if there is a no-deal Brexit because Sinn Fein would demand it straight away."

"The Secretary of State would have no choice but to call one."

"Last November, a poll by RTE and the BBC showed that 62% of voters in Northern Ireland believed Brexit made a united Ireland more likely."

"The warnings came as a succession of Cabinet ministers told the Prime Minister that they would not stand for a no-deal Brexit if MPs reject the withdrawal agreement she has negotiated with the EU."

"Work and Pensions Secretary Amber Rudd told her colleagues that "history will take a dim view of a Cabinet that presses ahead with no deal"."

"She added: "We have to face world in which we find it, not as we wish it to be and we have to deal with the facts as we find them."

"Meanwhile, Environment Secretary Michael Gove said MPs rejecting Mrs May's deal - which is due to be voted on by the Commons next Tuesday - were "like 50 year-olds at the end of the disco, who have turned down all other offers and are waiting for Scarlett Johansson to come along".