Author Topic: Northern Ireland's future at risk without post-Brexit customs deal, says Hain  (Read 53706 times)

Billy Fish

Support Soldier F
Remember the bravery and deeds of the Men & Women of the USC, RUC, RUC Reserve, the UDR, PSNI, but most of all the British Army.

Billy Fish

Support Soldier F
Remember the bravery and deeds of the Men & Women of the USC, RUC, RUC Reserve, the UDR, PSNI, but most of all the British Army.

Argo

Re: Northern Ireland's future at risk without post-Brexit customs deal, says Hain
« Reply #1039 on: October 11, 2019, 12:09:16 AM »
It must have dawned on whatever side of the Brexit debate by now that the real dealing is not only at hand, but is at a crucial stage. The one thing that quite a few of the comments on this thread seem not to get is that here in this state no matter what foot one kicks with, is of little or no concern of the English Nationalists that are now in charge of the Tory Party. Right from the get go almost 3 years ago when the errant Civil Servant walked up Downing Street with his folder open with the words "Cake and Eat it" as the negotiating tactic for the British Government the die was well and truly cast.

Now it is coming down to the wire and today we have the meeting in Cheshire between Johnson and Varadkar. If reports are correct Johnson is under threat from a number of the present Cabinet he set up, that they will walk if he doesn't get a deal. So the dilemma seems to be that he either shafts the D.U.P, or a section of his cabinet. Added to this the hidden hand of the City of London financial big hitters who are firmly pro E.U. Mix into this situation the Benn Act and the Tory minority in the House of Commons,ergo something has to give. So looks like the D.U.P are the low hanging fruit in this scenario. We live in interesting times.

James James

tours

Re: Northern Ireland's future at risk without post-Brexit customs deal, says Hain
« Reply #1041 on: October 11, 2019, 02:04:11 AM »

Eamonn Mallie (@EamonnMallie) Tweeted:
#ILA .. senior DUP MPs scuppered the deal agreed with @sinnfeinireland in Feb 2018 which included an Irish Language Act agreed by the @DUPleader This fact has been confirmed to me at the highest level by the DUP, and by the British and Irish governments. @StephenNolan https://twitter.com/EamonnMallie/status/1182209650923626498?s=17

Nowhere man

« Reply #1042 on: October 11, 2019, 05:30:57 AM »
Fair play to Bojo. Get the job done so we donít have to listen to anymore Brexit talk. Thereís a god!
Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Already Taken.

JohnKelly

« Reply #1043 on: October 11, 2019, 08:13:56 AM »
Fair play to Bojo. Get the job done so we donít have to listen to anymore Brexit talk. Thereís a god!

I reckon there must be about five Belfast Forum Topics currently going on Brexit totaling hundreds of threads, many of which are just links to news reports which many of us have already read via Online News Reports.

Given that I don't live in that part of the world my only interest is on how this Brexit saga will affect the International Stock Market, although I do hope that Ireland both north and south comes out of this to their advantage.

Cheers.

James James

tours

« Reply #1045 on: October 11, 2019, 12:22:37 PM »
Arlene and Dodds must go.
They have sold Ulster out.
The Orange man goes red..  >:D , or is that green???? 🙄☺️

Argo

« Reply #1046 on: October 11, 2019, 01:02:04 PM »
I reckon there must be about five Belfast Forum Topics currently going on Brexit totaling hundreds of threads, many of which are just links to news reports which many of us have already read via Online News Reports.

Given that I don't live in that part of the world my only interest is on how this Brexit saga will affect the International Stock Market, although I do hope that Ireland both north and south comes out of this to their advantage.

Cheers.
The problem is that you live in the real world. Some on here live in a neither world of actually believing the New English Tory Party that a fair section of the One Nation Tories don't. Follow on to the fact that this is big boy politics that the flag wavers here just don't get. As my old grandfather said "if you can be bought you can be sold."

JackM

« Reply #1047 on: October 11, 2019, 01:03:21 PM »

Hear Hear, well said. Time we were out.   :)
Justice for the Massacred of La Mon and other atrocities.  The TRUTH will set them FREE.
Justice for the RUC and British Army. Support Soldier F

JackM

« Reply #1048 on: October 11, 2019, 01:05:43 PM »
It must have dawned on whatever side of the Brexit debate by now that the real dealing is not only at hand, but is at a crucial stage. The one thing that quite a few of the comments on this thread seem not to get is that here in this state no matter what foot one kicks with, is of little or no concern of the English Nationalists that are now in charge of the Tory Party. Right from the get go almost 3 years ago when the errant Civil Servant walked up Downing Street with his folder open with the words "Cake and Eat it" as the negotiating tactic for the British Government the die was well and truly cast.

Now it is coming down to the wire and today we have the meeting in Cheshire between Johnson and Varadkar. If reports are correct Johnson is under threat from a number of the present Cabinet he set up, that they will walk if he doesn't get a deal. So the dilemma seems to be that he either shafts the D.U.P, or a section of his cabinet. Added to this the hidden hand of the City of London financial big hitters who are firmly pro E.U. Mix into this situation the Benn Act and the Tory minority in the House of Commons,ergo something has to give. So looks like the D.U.P are the low hanging fruit in this scenario. We live in interesting times.

Yes, I think for some people that they now actually see that Brexit will happen.   :)
Justice for the Massacred of La Mon and other atrocities.  The TRUTH will set them FREE.
Justice for the RUC and British Army. Support Soldier F

jillyfred

« Reply #1049 on: October 11, 2019, 01:24:31 PM »
Welcome to the Forum Argo.

jilly