Author Topic: "Montrose"  (Read 2739 times)

Moorfield Street

"Montrose"
« on: October 16, 2017, 11:00:02 PM »
    Regret to hear that an old contributer to Belfast Forum, "Montrose" (Norman Gray) formely from Vicarage Street, Newtownards Road, has Passed On.
He left BF in conroversial circumstances and moved to "Facebook" where he started the very popular "Belfast Shipyard' and "East Belfast Chat" sites.

He will be missed.      Condolences to his family in Derby, England.

jackiehillis

Re: "Montrose"
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 11:31:09 PM »
    Regret to hear that an old contributer to Belfast Forum, "Montrose" (Norman Gray) formely from Vicarage Street, Newtownards Road, has Passed On.
He left BF in conroversial circumstances and moved to "Facebook" where he started the very popular "Belfast Shipyard' and "East Belfast Chat" sites.

He will be missed.      Condolences to his family in Derby, England.
    Norman will be greatly missed. I have kept in touch with him since he left the Forum. We used to chat about movies and TV shows regularly.
He had some great stories.  GBNF. 
"Don't walk in front of me" "I  don't want you to lead " " Don't walk behind me" "I don't want you to follow" " Walk beside me and be my friend "

Jack The Kipper

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2017, 07:09:59 PM »

Just seen this thread, very sorry to hear Montrose has passed away, IMO he was one of the best posters EVER on the BF, loved reading his posts...RIP Montrose!
God Bless Big Rosie up our street!!!

Ballymurphygirl

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2017, 04:35:37 AM »
Awwww I'm so sorry to hear this sad news Norman was a lovely man I used to visit him and his lovely wife a few years ago then Life got very busy and I haven't seen him nor Maureen for a while a lovely couple and he was full of history and stories Rest in peace Montrose xxx
The truth will set you free . I support Ballymurphy & Derry families Justice for the innocent

Moorfield Street

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2017, 06:08:16 AM »

BMG.        Norman's funeral is tomorrow 6th. November in Derby, England.    Believe a number of Belfast friends from his Facebook "East Belfast Chat" and "The Shipyard" are going over.  Missed by all of us.

Ballymurphygirl

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2017, 06:10:24 AM »
Awwww he will be in my thoughts I too live in derby sadly I'm at work tomorrow but I will write to Maureen so so sad to hear of his passing  :(
The truth will set you free . I support Ballymurphy & Derry families Justice for the innocent

sj

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2017, 03:31:43 AM »
Sorry to hear about Montrose.      This is a sad thread.    God bless  :o him
I'm patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it ...

Ballymurphygirl

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2017, 04:12:41 PM »
Norman was in my thoughts all day I'm sure he had a good send off godbless you Norman can still see your wee smilie face 💗

jillyfred

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2017, 12:21:04 PM »

Norman was a great poster -so sad to hear he has left us.
jilly
x
Like Ellcee-he was another great poster.

Dub

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2017, 06:18:08 PM »
Sad to hear about the death of Montrose. He was a  real gentleman and is contributions will be sadly missed.
Rest in peace Norman.
If you don't read the papers,you are not informed.
When you do read the papers, you are misinformed.  ( Mark Twain. )

Astor

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2017, 10:23:52 PM »
So sorry to hear about the death of Montrose, may he Rest In Peace.

Sincere condolences to his family.
Que Sera Sera

Dot/dash

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2017, 11:04:29 AM »
 I've never heard of this member until now       .      May he rest in peace         
love me          love my gelding     

sj

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2017, 11:11:26 AM »
Dot he was the kind of member whom you would have liked.....a good bloke and a gentleman.    ....Let me know how you are keeping? :)
I'm patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it ...

Ballymurphygirl

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2017, 03:31:52 PM »
He certainly was sj sadly  he was hounded off this site by other members   Norman was a lovely man ,full of history and a passion for Belfast . He and  his wife Maureen very welcoming people he was humble and listened to everyone's stories of the past without judgement

Kateme

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2018, 04:59:34 PM »
So sorry to hear this!   Montrose was class - a very interesting and thoughtful fellow!  Rest in Peace Norman, in the arms of the Lord!
:(
“Government’s first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.”

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy