Author Topic: Belfast linnen mills  (Read 3349 times)

davyb

Re: Belfast linnen mills
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2019, 10:44:29 PM »
Had to walk big Martha Nelson home that night she was slightly tipsy lol

Alicewatson

« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2019, 06:50:00 AM »
Hi Dave, yes thatís me. How are you all. Tell Margaret I said hello

davyb

« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2019, 01:48:49 PM »
Alice sent you private message

Alicewatson

« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2019, 02:38:29 PM »
Iím sorry to hear about Margaret. I forgot about Evelyn but now that you mention her I remember. Dave I am not to sure about using this site so it might be about trial and error 😟

davyb

« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2019, 02:43:32 PM »
Sane as myself Alice where are you in London,was over a few times last couple years In Streatham

davyb

« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2019, 02:46:31 PM »
Type Taughmonagh into the search bar brings up some info on the old place

Alicewatson

« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2019, 03:02:47 PM »
Iím in a place called Camden. I would be back in Ireland if could but I canít leave my grandchild. I have checked all the Taughmonagh sites thatís how i found you.

maggs24

« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2019, 03:15:54 PM »
Hi david. Think a lot of us was more than tipsy that night lol.  But it was good night.

davyb

« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2019, 03:18:50 PM »
Was indeed Margaret I really enjoyed my time in the mill

davyb

« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2019, 03:21:14 PM »
Alice London's to busy for me I don't think I could live there,Belfast is not as bad as it used to be not a bad wee city

Alicewatson

« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2019, 07:55:11 PM »
Hi Dave , Ireland is a beautiful country and I am proud to say I come from there .You are right about London it is far to busy . I go back home a lot as it is nice to get breathing space . What was the name of the street your grandma lived . I remember vividly on the bus traveling there . I know the place has changed as I go on Google maps and have a little tour ha ha .

davyb

« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2019, 08:43:38 PM »
Granny Bryans lived in 170 Urney st Place has changed big time

JackM

« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2019, 12:47:17 PM »
Hi Davy, Billy Ball stayed in the spinning end and didn't venture into the weaving shop as far as I can remember. I have come up with another couple of names to test you. There was a Jackie Dunlop who was a joiner and his apprentice Jim Coulter. Jackie was a bit of a footballer, hard to get the ball of him. There was another guy Davy Truick, he wore a brown coat so he was a bossman of some kind, he was a gentleman. Thee was another lad about our age  worked there at the time George (DUNLOP I think). I remember his ambition was to shave with a cutthroat razor and came into work one morning with his face cut to ribbons. I hope he got better with practice.

If its the same one, he lived bottom end of Brookmount Street on the Shankill Road, a few doors from a Cousin of mine. Although I just knew him in passing we would have the occasional chat as we were both in the Textile Industry. The Davy Truick, I knew was a Tenter or Loom Tuner by trade and worked in Falls Flax in Cupar Street. A nice guy with as I recall, dirty fair / sandy hair. He was a Gentleman. Must be the same one.  :)
Justice for the Massacred of La Mon and other atrocities.  The TRUTH will set them FREE.
Justice for the RUC and British Army. Support Soldier F