Author Topic: The RHI inquiry into the scheme which trashed Stormont, has started  (Read 5278 times)

jjmack

Re: The RHI inquiry into the scheme which trashed Stormont, has started
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2017, 08:06:49 PM »
Sticking to the factual detail emerging from the Inquiry, another cracker today.

'A senior civil servant has conceded that missing a basic sum that showed the fundamental flaw in a green energy scheme, does "not look too clever".  Fiona Hepper was giving evidence to the Renewable Heat Incentive inquiry ... ... ...

She said her team did not spot that the subsidy rate offered to businesses switching to biomass boilers was higher than the cost of the fuel. That created the "burn to earn" incentive.'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-42408843

Right at the very crux of what went wrong, there's that name again, Fiona Hepper.  You couldn't make this up.

Yes, but surely it's all Arlene fault ?  ::)
Wear your RED POPPY with PRIDE.  Lest we forget. BUY BRITISH.  Support the forces of LAW and ORDER, PAST and PRESENT. Justice for the BRITISH ARMY.

James James

« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2017, 01:34:09 AM »
Not entirely,... the British Government has to take it's share of the responsibility for the failure of the scheme,... those new plastic banknotes just don't burn as well as the old paper ones did.  ::)

CMcG

« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2017, 09:08:16 AM »
We'll all know for sure when the Inquiry concludes in the New Year, but civil servant Fiona Hepper's recent day statement that she chose not to inform her Minister when the costs rose exponentially (apparently the revised increase was closer to 200 million  :o ) and that her civil service team didn't spot the bleeding obvious fact that the subsidy would pay folk to burn fuel, is the absolute slam dunk of all admissions, it is difficult to imagine an Inquiry outcome not based around that key finding.

Happy Harry

« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2017, 09:22:00 AM »
I don't think Fiona Hepper has a great future ahead of her, which means she will probably be given promotion and then put on gardening leave.

The awful thought is that the Civil Service is probably infested with people like her. And remember the Civil Service is currently running the country. I hope these people know how to use a calculator
The past is a foreign country. They do things differently there.

belle

« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2017, 09:27:27 AM »
I suspect you're right Harry, she'll be paid off and of course she'll eventually be given a wee job somewhere else.  There's a deal been done for sure.
Love like you've never been hurt,
Dance like no one's watching,
Sing like no one can hear you.

CMcG

« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2017, 09:42:46 AM »
The only yardstick I can yet find in recent years is the case of Paul Priestly, the Head of the then Department of Regional Development at the time of the NI Water scandal in 2010/11.  Without opening up that case again, suffice to say that while he was demoted for misconduct, my understanding is that he was ultimately put to work elsewhere in the wider public sector.

Subject to the official RHI Inquiry outcome, it's already abundantly clear that there has been incompetence by at least one high ranking civil servant. Although the consequences for NI have been disproportionately huge, my take on this is that incompetence is down the pecking order from misconduct.  So possibly not even demotion, just a move to somewhere quiet for a few years...   

ned

« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2017, 11:44:43 AM »
https://s9.postimg.org/4lggzl91r/minion.jpg

Culprit needed apply within. That's that sorted. :not_i:
Be careful out there folks because they aren't.

JackM

« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2017, 12:55:18 PM »
We'll all know for sure when the Inquiry concludes in the New Year, but civil servant Fiona Hepper's recent day statement that she chose not to inform her Minister when the costs rose exponentially (apparently the revised increase was closer to 200 million  :o ) and that her civil service team didn't spot the bleeding obvious fact that the subsidy would pay folk to burn fuel, is the absolute slam dunk of all admissions, it is difficult to imagine an Inquiry outcome not based around that key finding.

Absolutely spot on as usual. :) The more that is revealed here, it is beginning to show Arlene Foster is in the clear and was correct in not standing down and not giving in to bully boy tactics. Brexit was / is the real problem for the bully boys. I wonder what excuse the bully boys will come up with next ?  ;)
Justice for the Massacred of La Mon and other atrocities.  The TRUTH will set them FREE.
Justice for the RUC and British Army. Support Soldier F

James James

« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2017, 04:15:03 PM »
How though does her apparent failing, exempt her bosses, the politicians, and especially those at the Ministerial and Governmental level, as well as at the ordinary MLA level, from apparently failing in subsequent years to recognise the real costs, and from failing to do anything either about that,... or about the continuance of the scheme for new joiners who were still allowed to join under the existing financial terms. ?

I mean really, a bunch of people on here, who presumably have no such direct and personal knowledge or experience of carrying out such governmental administrative matters, are obviously perfectly capable of recognising and properly comprehending the real financial nature and the likely future financial implications and consequences of the operation of such a project on that basis,... so how come none of the people at an administrative or political level who were directly or indirectly involved with the implementation and operation of the scheme for all of the years that it was in operation,... could, apparently, fail to recognise and fail to do something to limit or rectify such seemingly obvious problems,... and if they did fail in that way,... what possible justifying reasons or excuses could they possibly and legitimately have for such failures.?!!!

belle

« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2017, 04:20:50 PM »
https://s9.postimg.org/4lggzl91r/minion.jpg

Culprit needed apply within. That's that sorted. :not_i:

Yip. She is the fall guy.  :)
Love like you've never been hurt,
Dance like no one's watching,
Sing like no one can hear you.

ned

« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2017, 06:44:05 PM »
Seems it was Brexit was the real reason according to JackM.

The only problem with this conspiracy theory is the fact the Brexit Vote date was the 23rd of June 2016. But Jonathan Bell said he was closing it on February 2016 and starts an investigation into it, which was before the vote. But then Arlene more or less said Jonathan was one of JackM's bully boys, I think?

No matter about Brexit this is a story of an internal fight within the ranks of the D.U.P. be it by accident or design. And the one thing about this saga is that it isn't over until all the details emerge. Although as I have previous stated it looks like a minion will carry the can.

Be careful out there folks because they aren't.

White dee

« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2017, 06:53:16 PM »
Seems it was Brexit was the real reason according to JackM.

The only problem with this conspiracy theory is the fact the Brexit Vote date was the 23rd of June 2016. But Jonathan Bell said he was closing it on February 2016 and starts an investigation into it, which was before the vote. But then Arlene more or less said Jonathan was one of JackM's bully boys, I think?

No matter about Brexit this is a story of an internal fight within the ranks of the D.U.P. be it by accident or design. And the one thing about this saga is that it isn't over until all the details emerge. Although as I have previous stated it looks like a minion will carry the can.

Well say Ned  O0 O0

Love all, trust few, everything is real but,
Not everyone is true,,
        Buddha

jjmack

« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2017, 07:03:27 PM »
Sticking to the factual detail emerging from the Inquiry, another cracker today.

'A senior civil servant has conceded that missing a basic sum that showed the fundamental flaw in a green energy scheme, does "not look too clever".  Fiona Hepper was giving evidence to the Renewable Heat Incentive inquiry ... ... ...

She said her team did not spot that the subsidy rate offered to businesses switching to biomass boilers was higher than the cost of the fuel. That created the "burn to earn" incentive.'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-42408843

Right at the very crux of what went wrong, there's that name again, Fiona Hepper.  You couldn't make this up.

Yes it's extremely important to stick to the facts and not some posters interpretation of the facts. It will all come out in the end and Arlene will be blameless.  :D
Wear your RED POPPY with PRIDE.  Lest we forget. BUY BRITISH.  Support the forces of LAW and ORDER, PAST and PRESENT. Justice for the BRITISH ARMY.

jjmack

« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2017, 07:18:10 PM »
Absolutely spot on as usual. :) The more that is revealed here, it is beginning to show Arlene Foster is in the clear and was correct in not standing down and not giving in to bully boy tactics. Brexit was / is the real problem for the bully boys. I wonder what excuse the bully boys will come up with next ?  ;)

Absolutely spot on. Sinn Fein / IRA were looking for an excuse to walk away from Stormont and gave their reasons as Arlene Fosters refusal to stand down. Why should she if she considered she did nothing wrong as now looks the case.
The real reason is Brexit has spooked Sinn Fein / IRA and they don't want to be involved in a Stormont Exectutive which may have to deal with Brexit in some form or other. I wondered why the RHI excuse had gone on the back boiler and other issues which the DUP are opposed to, have come to the fore.  ;)
Personally, I would wrap up the whole 'Project Stormont' , go to British Direct Rule and put the savings into the failing health service in Northern Ireland.  :)  The 'Bad Friday Agreement' hasn't worked, nor can it work. Mandatory governments never work.  :)

James James

« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2017, 08:02:41 PM »