Author Topic: Harland & Wolff - Who can tell me about the internal bus service?  (Read 1159 times)

billh35

I've seen a photo or two which shows that H&W ran their own internal services around the yard to move workers.

Can anyone tell me about it or show me photos of the vehicles employed?

Thank You!

macy

Re: Harland & Wolff - Who can tell me about the internal bus service?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2017, 11:09:40 PM »
yes there was a bus service from the deep water bottom off queens road to about where the odyssey is today. bus was same colour as goliath crane. worked there in the 80s

fred g

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2017, 09:06:16 PM »
Yes it was a yellow bus it left on the 1/2 hour from the east yard and went through the various parts of the yard ending at the thompson outfitting wharf leaving on the hour.When I was an apprentice if things were slack used to take a ride on it to kill time or go to drawing office to pick up drawings.Funny I never realised that I was in the room where the titanic was designed till years later

roycraw.

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2018, 08:25:47 AM »
yes there was a bus service from the deep water bottom off queens road to about where the odyssey is today. bus was same colour as goliath crane. worked there in the 80s
   hi there macy,  i worked there in the 1950s,   those buses were very exciting army khaki ,   i knew them well.    roy  c.   

the orrs

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2018, 04:01:35 PM »
can re member the men playing at the deep water   the game was tossing coins      called heads or harp   this was at lunch time

roycraw.

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2018, 03:55:22 AM »
can re member the men playing at the deep water   the game was tossing coins      called heads or harp   this was at lunch time
  hi the orrs,    knew that game well,   it was called simply 'the toss'    i worked there in the 1950s   roy  c.