Author Topic: Old photos from Whitehouse/Greencastle. McCormick/Magill families.  (Read 1206 times)

ClareKane95

Hello,

I thought I would share some old family photos I have from the Whitehouse/Greencastle area to see if anyone remembers my great-grandparents etc and has any stories about them. My granny was Mary Kelly (nee McCormick), daughter of Vincent McCormick and Mary Magill, who lived on the Mill Road. As well as my granny, Vincent and Mary had 4 other children - James, Annie, and twins Vincent and Francis. Vincent McCormick the elder also had a brother called Francis who I believe had a son called Vincent too.

Vincent McCormick (1897-1971)

Mary McCormick (nee Magill) (1895-1976)

Vincent and Mary McCormick at the granddaughter Ann Kelly's communion.

Memory... is the diary that we all carry about with us. ~ Oscar Wilde

ClareKane95

Re: Old photos from Whitehouse/Greencastle. McCormick/Magill families.
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 07:01:51 PM »
(Mary Magill, and Vincent McCormick engagement photo)

(Vincent McCormick 1916)

(Mary Kelly, nee McCormick, with her husband John Kelly)

Mary McCormick (far left) with friends and teacher(?) Would anyone be able to name the others in the picture?

Mary McCormick and her mother, Mary McCormick (nee Magill).
Memory... is the diary that we all carry about with us. ~ Oscar Wilde

belle

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 07:37:52 PM »
Clare i'm sorry i don't know any of them, but thanks for sharing your pictures.  They are wonderful.  :)
Love like you've never been hurt,
Dance like no one's watching,
Sing like no one can hear you.

Amkdusky

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2019, 12:30:34 PM »
I came across your posting this morning, My great grandmother was a MaGill (Susanna Magill born about 1840) and lived in the Whitehouse area, marrying and immigrating to USA in 1868

roycraw.

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2019, 10:05:36 AM »
Hello,

I thought I would share some old family photos I have from the Whitehouse/Greencastle area to see if anyone remembers my great-grandparents etc and has any stories about them. My granny was Mary Kelly (nee McCormick), daughter of Vincent McCormick and Mary Magill, who lived on the Mill Road. As well as my granny, Vincent and Mary had 4 other children - James, Annie, and twins Vincent and Francis. Vincent McCormick the elder also had a brother called Francis who I believe had a son called Vincent too.  hi Clare, would you be of the kane family that lived on plantation row just by franky ma gees chipper?   the boy from there who knocked about with us was danny kane and i      did know some McCormicks when living in dandy street.

Vincent McCormick (1897-1971)

Mary McCormick (nee Magill) (1895-1976)

Vincent and Mary McCormick at the granddaughter Ann Kelly's communion.