Author Topic: Baldo Meli & W J Chambers  (Read 754 times)

ISAllen

Baldo Meli & W J Chambers
« on: January 23, 2018, 01:28:18 PM »
I'm trying to find info on Baldo Meli. I know he raced at the TT in 1948 coming 32nd in the Junior & 15th in the Senior and that he crashed, breaking his ribs, in the practice for the 1949 TT. I've recently finished restoring a Norton which I believe may have once belonged to him. I know it came from W J Chambers Motorcycles. I know Baldo bought a 500cc Manx from them in 1947. There are three 350cc Manx Nortons listed in the Norton records that went to Chambers in 1948, one went to Tommy Irwin, one to J B McAllister and a third that is, unfortunately, not attributed to anyone. I also have a photo of Baldo at the 48 TT with what looks like a brand new 350 Manx  (where did he get it from if not from Chambers?)! Has anyone any info regarding Baldo Meli and/or of Chambers Motorcycles please??? 

Bigali

Re: Baldo Meli & W J Chambers
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 02:40:04 PM »
Old Three Wheeler is a forum member and bike enthusiast perhaps if he sees your post he may be able to help.

Good luck in your search and welcome to the Forum
Tout Prest

Ljswain

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2018, 10:14:41 PM »
Hi, Baldo was my mum's Uncle. She has a couple of photos of him and his bike. Not sure she would know where he got it though.
Regards
Linda

Myek

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2018, 08:29:05 PM »
I have two photos one of his bike and the other of uncle Baldo with his bike. He sadly passed away a few years ago living in Australia with his brother.
I canít seem to attach the photos from laptop urghhh.