Author Topic: Still Looking For Old Friends York ST  (Read 788 times)

margaret gibson

Still Looking For Old Friends York ST
« on: January 26, 2018, 07:07:40 AM »
Hi looking  for old friends we at weekends went to pub in York st then of to orphious dance hall. david nesbitt  worked in shipyard john English, winkie English,laurence scott, markie oneal,bobbie green,liz kerr,sue makin hanna branen, Margaret orr girls this would be their maiden names middle 60s to early 70s thanks Margaret.

walshman

Re: Still Looking For Old Friends York ST
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2018, 11:58:17 PM »
Hi looking  for old friends we at weekends went to pub in York st then of to orphious dance hall. david nesbitt  worked in shipyard john English, winkie English,laurence scott, markie oneal,bobbie green,liz kerr,sue makin hanna branen, Margaret orr girls this would be their maiden names middle 60s to early 70s thanks Margaret.
Hi Margret.
Not sure of the same people,but a few names ring a bell.
davey nesbitt was he from mountcollier street?.
also laurence scott,around that area.
Some of the womens names i may know,but been along time.
I was from that area until 74.
The orphious very well went most weeks,and the pub of the same name.

margaret gibson

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2018, 09:38:58 AM »
hi  washman, cant remember what streets they lived but know they lived down York st and shore rd. david nesbitt had a longer brother and worked in the shipyard. john English had a younger sister and a older brother think they lived by themselves or with a aunt john for a time worked at monkston standard and cables.lawerence was a sureeyor the only one we knew at the time who had a car. the girls worked with me at standard cables at monkstown. I left in 1973 to come to Australia.

walshman

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2018, 12:15:05 AM »
Hi Margret.

I was from York street,then moved to the lime stone area.
Don't know it Davey Nesbitt had a brother,but i did go to school with him if the same one,Lawrence i knew from the area,not school.
Now you worked at standard cables for a time.
My older sister worked there for awhile,she would have been a bit older than you Name was Hariett Sheeky.
You may know a mate of mine though from there Stafford Finley big guy was an tradesman.
Red hair big mutton chop side burns.
Other manes familiar are Orr,and English.
thing the Orr girl was from tigers bay.
Me i worked at Gallaghers until going to Aus as you did in 74.
As far as the dances i also went to the Boom boom room,the feista and the plaza.
My name is Harry Branagh.

big finn

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2018, 05:35:17 PM »
hi margaret sad to say davy nesbitt passed away in South Africa a few years ago Laurence Scott owns the Hill TAVERN ON cARNMONEY road

cheers Big Finn
Walk a mile in my shoes

James James

margaret gibson

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2018, 05:54:21 AM »
hi walshman,sorry cant remember these names we never left our own area souldering wires into small boxes on a production line.i did know a lady called anna branagh lived in hanna st Belfast, any relation to you. where in Australia did you go to regards Margaret.

margaret gibson

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2018, 06:01:39 AM »
hi big finn, sorry to hear about david nesbitt, does his brother or any of his family still live in Belfast as I know he was married.still trying to find out if lawerence scott is the same one I knew. I remember we where only in our 20s and then he told me he was a surveyor but I suppose a lot could have happened since then as it was 47 years ago regards Margaret.

margaret gibson

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2018, 06:17:11 AM »
hi james james, thankyou for the link to the tavern it was interesting to watch,i am in Australia 46 years so have never been there also when I lived in Belfast we where all only in our 20s so know lawerence did not own a tavern then but a lot could have happened since then, I might send a message threw the link you gave me thanks Margaret.

big finn

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2018, 03:56:59 PM »
hi margaret davy has 2brothers  called jackie who lives off the shore road and billy who lives in the south of england

cheers big finn
Walk a mile in my shoes

walshman

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2018, 01:23:50 AM »
hi walshman,sorry cant remember these names we never left our own area souldering wires into small boxes on a production line.i did know a lady called anna branagh lived in hanna st Belfast, any relation to you. where in Australia did you go to regards Margaret.
Hi Margret ta for your reply.
Anna most likely a cousin of mine,i think she would be from the York road Branaghs.
If so she had a brother called Joe worked with me in Gallaghers ,He was shot out side the Garden Bar i think in Meadow street.
I know there were Branaghs around Hanna street.
I am from the York street Branaghs,before moving to Limestone road.
Came here in 74 to Mel first then Adelaide

walshman

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2018, 01:29:54 AM »
hi margaret davy has 2brothers  called jackie who lives off the shore road and billy who lives in the south of england

cheers big finn
Big finn.
If it was the same Davy i know sorry to hear about him passing.
Just a question did you know Roy Murray,or Davy Graham from around York road.

big finn

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2018, 04:15:49 PM »
margaret names dont ring a bell just at the moment will have a think about it

cheers finn
Walk a mile in my shoes