Author Topic: Should aboration be legal in Northern Ireland?  (Read 9727 times)

White dee

Re: Should aboration be legal in Northern Ireland?
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2018, 02:18:05 PM »
Better to prevent pregnancy than kill.

Actually it's about the only thing i disagree with the Church with.

Belle exbucky seems to have a problem understanding the difference between pro life and birth control,which you and I plainly know are two different things  :D :-*
Love all, trust few, everything is real but,
Not everyone is true,,
        Buddha

White dee

« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2018, 02:24:01 PM »
Pro life is 2 words not one. I know that. I also went to bed not "to bad". And i had a great sleep thank you. Maybe you could tell me why you are pro life instead of repeating the word conscience twice then posting what its definition is.

I know pro life is two words Bucky,don't recall saying it any other way  ???
but then again,I actually know what the meaning of pro life is  :P :-*
Not everyone is true,,
        Buddha

ExBuckfastdrinker

« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2018, 05:23:37 PM »
I know pro life is two words Bucky,don't recall saying it any other way  ???
but then again,I actually know what the meaning of pro life is  :P :-*

Then you have a very short memory, proof here.

Oh my God, it's just occurred to me Bucky, you don't even know the real meaning of the word pro life, better look it up before you go off to your bad,wouldn't want you losing any sleep over it  :D

ExBuckfastdrinker

« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2018, 05:26:41 PM »
Belle exbucky seems to have a problem understanding the difference between pro life and birth control,which you and I plainly know are two different things  :D :-*

Just because you believe something does not make it true. But then again you want to force your views on others and take choice anyway from women. It is up to the mother and the father if they want to have a baby or abort. But please continue you amuse me white dee. Also if you want to debate a issue debate it, dont post insults.

belle

« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2018, 05:49:34 PM »
Just because you believe something does not make it true. But then again you want to force your views on others and take choice anyway from women. It is up to the mother and the father if they want to have a baby or abort.

I wholly agree with you, just because you believe in something doesn't make it true. I feel the same being pro life.
Love like you've never been hurt,
Dance like no one's watching,
Sing like no one can hear you.

James James

« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2018, 07:58:16 PM »
Belle exbucky seems to have a problem understanding the difference between pro life and birth control,which you and I plainly know are two different things
Well not necessarily so, many people debate about, and hold strong views on the issue of when life starts biologically,... is that not the reason for the Catholic Church's objection to contraception. ?

White dee

« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2018, 09:01:18 PM »
Well not necessarily so, many people debate about, and hold strong views on the issue of when life starts biologically,... is that not the reason for the Catholic Church's objection to contraception. ?

But James this topic didn't or wasn't ( when it was started anyway)about birth control but I honestly think old Bucky though abortion and birth control were the same thing,
Not, the Catholic Church is against the taking of humen life's be it one week old or twenty weeks old as are a lot of other Churches,thank God.
Not everyone is true,,
        Buddha

ExBuckfastdrinker

« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2018, 09:38:57 PM »
I wholly agree with you, just because you believe in something doesn't make it true. I feel the same being pro life.

The post you quoted was a reply to white dee not you but since you quoted it i will retort. What i believe in is giving the mother a choice to have the child or abort the fetus. Now i understand you are pro life and more power to you but you are only going by a idea the church has ran with and that is forcing your religious beliefs on others. Nobody has a right to tell a women what to do with there body, not me or you or anyone else for that matter.

ExBuckfastdrinker

« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2018, 09:44:49 PM »
But James this topic didn't or wasn't ( when it was started anyway)about birth control but I honestly think old Bucky though abortion and birth control were the same thing,
Not, the Catholic Church is against the taking of humen life's be it one week old or twenty weeks old as are a lot of other Churches,thank God.

The same catholic church that dumped countless numbers of babies in bogs and sewer pits all over the world. Yes they are pro life. Dee if you want to quote my posts to engage with me do that. Don't bring james or anyone else into it. I know the difference between birth control and an abortion. You are pro life yet you cant tell me why you are pro life you just say "Conscience" then when pressed further you turn to petty insults and over use of emojs .

James James

« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2018, 07:03:46 AM »
"24th October 2017"
http://www.itv.com/news/2017-10-24/northern-ireland-abortion-law-inhumane-and-degrading-supreme-court-told/

"Northern Ireland abortion law 'inhumane and degrading', Supreme Court told"

ITV news text and video report, which includes a video interview with an affected Ulster woman.

The video report also says that in 2016   724 women had to travel to England to have abortions.

So what that really means in practice, is that Northern Ireland's anti abortion laws aren't preventing abortions, they're merely forcing the women who have them to travel elsewhere.

The text report also includes these comments... quote...

The NIHRC, which launched judicial review proceedings in 2014, argues that the current law's effect on women contravenes their rights under the European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR).

The Belfast High Court declared in 2015 Irelandís criminal abortion law was incompatible with Article 8 of the ECHR, the right to respect for private and family life, because of the absence of exceptions in cases of fatal foetal abnormalities and pregnancies resulting from criminal offences.

That decision was overturned by in June of this year by three of Northern Ireland's most senior judges.

The appeal judges said the law in Northern Ireland should be left to the Stormont Assembly and not judges, saying that the complex moral and religious questions behind the issue should be determined by a legislature rather than a court.

The Northern Ireland Assembly voted in February last year against legalising abortion in cases of fatal foetal abnormality and rape or incest.

A fatal foetal abnormality means doctors believe an unborn child has a terminal condition and will die in the womb or shortly after birth.

My note... so what that means in practice, is that in Northern Ireland, it's illegal to get a woman pregnant as a result of incest or rape, but it's not only legal, but mandatory, to make her suffer the physical consequences of that illegal assault. !

belle

« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2018, 09:18:02 AM »
The post you quoted was a reply to white dee not you but since you quoted it i will retort. What i believe in is giving the mother a choice to have the child or abort the fetus. Now i understand you are pro life and more power to you but you are only going by a idea the church has ran with and that is forcing your religious beliefs on others. Nobody has a right to tell a women what to do with there body, not me or you or anyone else for that matter.

I would never tell another woman what to do with her body. If the subject comes up I state my case for life.  I can also state catagorically I have not forced my religious beliefs on anyone. Again, I state my case and leave it out there.

Part of my pro life views are also based on my own experiences when i was pregnant with my own children. 

What do you base your pro abortion views on? I am genuinely interested.

I would ask you not to get into a row with me or attack my religious beliefs. 

ExBuckfastdrinker

« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2018, 11:29:02 AM »

But you are telling women what to do with there body and your religious beliefs are playing a big part in that. I have already said it is not up to me or you orare anyone else to tell women what they can or can not do in regards to abortion. And i am not getting into a row i am debating the threads topic with you. If you don't wish to debate it i would say stay away but if you do wish to continue i have no problem with that. In fact i welcome it. Again i am not taking the mick, i am debating.

I believe that a women should have the choice and at the minute we are not giving women that choice.

I would never tell another woman what to do with her body. If the subject comes up I state my case for life.  I can also state catagorically I have not forced my religious beliefs on anyone. Again, I state my case and leave it out there.

Part of my pro life views are also based on my own experiences when i was pregnant with my own children. 

What do you base your pro abortion views on? I am genuinely interested.

I would ask you not to get into a row with me or attack my religious beliefs.

belle

« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2018, 11:59:26 AM »
Did you read the very first line of what i said. 'I would never tell another woman what to do with her body. If the subject comes up i state my case for life' Do you think that is telling others what to do?  If Iím asked i am not afraid to say i believe in the right to life.  It's not for me to tell anyone what to do. If someone says they believe in abortion I can say I don't.

Thank you acknowledging we aren't going to have a row. It would be refreshing to discuss a topic without abuse being tossed about. :)

ExBuckfastdrinker

« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2018, 03:42:38 PM »
Did you read the very first line of what i said. 'I would never tell another woman what to do with her body. If the subject comes up i state my case for life' Do you think that is telling others what to do?  If Iím asked i am not afraid to say i believe in the right to life.  It's not for me to tell anyone what to do. If someone says they believe in abortion I can say I don't.

Thank you acknowledging we aren't going to have a row. It would be refreshing to discuss a topic without abuse being tossed about. :)

I did read it yes. You don't seem to understand but that you are in fact telling women what to do by stating your case for life. Its guilt tripping and the only one that should be able to make a decision on giving birth or aborting is the woman herself.

jillyfred

« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2018, 03:59:57 PM »

If you want to engage with me i am right here. No need for back stabbing on a open forum. In regards to the science i post links with real evidence, have you challenged it with new scientific evidence like a grown up, no you just engage in school yard tactics.
===
 :D