Author Topic: Should same sex marriage be legal in Northern Ireland?  (Read 16195 times)

JackM

Re: Should same sex marriage be legal in Northern Ireland?
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2018, 01:41:52 PM »
NO !  >:(
Justice for the Massacred of La Mon and other atrocities.  The TRUTH will set them FREE.
Justice for the RUC and British Army. Support Soldier F

Bigali

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2018, 03:54:43 PM »
It's the usual if you don't agree with a posters opinion post a screed of boring "facts" and a few links  ::)
Support Soldier F Support Soldier B

The courageous deeds and sacrifices of the RUC and UDR must never be airbrushed from history .

James James

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2018, 09:41:30 PM »
Today
https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/samesex-marriage-campaigners-meet-the-dup-at-stormont-36548168.html

"Same-sex marriage campaigners meet the DUP at Stormont"

"Campaigners expressed disappointment that the DUP has not dropped opposition to gay marriage legislation at Stormont."

"An activist group spearheading the campaign for same-sex marriage in Northern Ireland has met the Democratic Unionists for the first time. The DUP opposes changes to marriage legislation in the region and its use of a contentious Stormont voting mechanism has effectively blocked reform in the past. The issue is one of the key disputes at the heart of the year-long powersharing crisis in the region, with Sinn Fein citing a law change as a prerequisite to the re-establishment of a devolved government. A DUP team led by former health minister Edwin Poots held a 45-minute meeting with the campaign group Love Equality NI at Parliament Buildings. The exchange took place as political talks aimed at restoring powersharing continue at Stormont." Etcetera...

tours

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2018, 09:48:35 PM »
Homosexual marriage and the sexual acts are un-natural, immoral and sinful...they attack the natural order and family.
Perverting that which God had intended will lead all those involved, to a very unhappy life. Above all as a Roman Catholic Christian, the bible.makes clear of eternal damnation for those partaking in the homosexual acts.
My opinion and that of genuine Christian Churches....
I fear for future generations...and the continued push against whats truely natural. Man and woman in union...

johnmc

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2018, 04:12:23 AM »

Hello Bigali---JJ jumped the gun a bit. I was replying to the word " overwhelming "in his post.
                              When a conteversal  subject arises then that word , along with  " polls " is often is used through
                              the media. I was just pointing out that 2/1 wasn,t a land slide.
              I think,imo, JJ is sometimes "overwhelmed " by his verbosity.And no doubt he will have a go at me .
              But this is my last post on the SSM topic
                              johnmc

James James

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2018, 06:02:12 AM »
http://www.belfastforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,71460.msg2015319.html#msg2015319

July 6th 2015

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/gay-marriage-now-has-overwhelming-support-in-northern-ireland-poll-31355428.html

"Gay marriage now has overwhelming support in Northern Ireland - poll"

"And you're more likely to back it if you're Catholic and living in Belfast"

"An overwhelming majority of people in Northern Ireland now back same-sex marriage, according to a new Ipsos MORI poll."

"Support appears to have increased since the Republic of Ireland's referendum - and the results show that even more people here would vote 'Yes' than in the south."

"The latest survey found that 68% of adults in Northern Ireland believe same-sex couples should be allowed to marry - compared to the 62.1% 'Yes' vote in the Republic."

"The figure rises to 82% among 16 to 34-year-olds and 75% support among 35 to 54-year-olds, but falls to 47% among those aged 55 and over."

"The poll found that people living in Greater Belfast are more likely to back gay marriage than those living in other areas of Northern Ireland - at 75% versus 63% respectively."

"Meanwhile, those from a Catholic background are more inclined to voice support for gay marriage, with three quarters (75%) agreeing that homosexual couples should be able to get married, compared to 57% of those from a Protestant community background."

"Support is highest among those who voted for Sinn Fein (80%), Alliance (79%) and SDLP (61%), compared to 49% of UUP voters and 45% of DUP voters."

"Attitudes appear to have changed significantly since a 2014 Belfast Telegraph/Lucid Talk poll. Then, 50.5% were found to be in support with 49.5% opposing gay marriage."

Not a word there about Australia. !

ExBuckfastdrinker

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2018, 10:15:22 AM »
Homosexual marriage and the sexual acts are un-natural, immoral and sinful...they attack the natural order and family.
Perverting that which God had intended will lead all those involved, to a very unhappy life. Above all as a Roman Catholic Christian, the bible.makes clear of eternal damnation for those partaking in the homosexual acts.
I fear for future generations...and the continued push against whats truely natural. Man and woman in union...

Class. I tell you whats unnatural, thinking its ok to abuse young children which the catholic church has done in record numbers all around the world and continues to do it to this day.

ExBuckfastdrinker

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2018, 10:17:25 AM »

Bill Maher talks with a 'gay-converter' in his comedic doco about religion[/font][/size]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjQlh52Em3o

Creaky

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2018, 10:24:40 AM »

Who decided that there should be homosexuals on this earth? Correct me if I am wrong but I believe that it says somewhere in the Bible that God made man in his own image. Also, that He created everything. So IMO He put homosexuals here. So what did God intend for these people? Now about the first highlighted part of your post. Are homosexuals not entitled to be happy? Does God want them to be unhappy? IMO they will probably be happier if they are allowed to live their lives openly and free from the stupid constraints of the Bible.

Now, the second highlighted part. "Your opinion and that of genuine Christian churches". What, in your opinion are the "non-genuine" Christian churches?

As for the Bible. If you believe everything you will read in there, you probably believe in Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy. How can you believe in The immaculate conception, the resurrection, Noah and his ark, turning water into wine, feeding 5000 people with a couple of loaves and a handful of fish?

It's just too far-fetched for me.
Love will always  change to sorrow, but everyone must play the game. We're here today and gone tomorrow, but the world goes on the same.

ExBuckfastdrinker

« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2018, 10:56:34 AM »
Who decided that there should be homosexuals on this earth? Correct me if I am wrong but I believe that it says somewhere in the Bible that God made man in his own image. Also, that He created everything. So IMO He put homosexuals here. So what did God intend for these people? Now about the first highlighted part of your post. Are homosexuals not entitled to be happy? Does God want them to be unhappy? IMO they will probably be happier if they are allowed to live their lives openly and free from the stupid constraints of the Bible.

Now, the second highlighted part. "Your opinion and that of genuine Christian churches". What, in your opinion are the "non-genuine" Christian churches?

As for the Bible. If you believe everything you will read in there, you probably believe in Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy. How can you believe in The immaculate conception, the resurrection, Noah and his ark, turning water into wine, feeding 5000 people with a couple of loaves and a handful of fish?

The word “homosexuality” didn’t even show up in English translations of the Bible until 1946.

Creaky

« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2018, 06:04:55 PM »
The word “homosexuality” didn’t even show up in English translations of the Bible until 1946.
Yes, It's made up as they go along in an attempt to cope with the changing times.
Love will always  change to sorrow, but everyone must play the game. We're here today and gone tomorrow, but the world goes on the same.

tours

« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2018, 07:00:07 PM »
Class. I tell you whats unnatural, thinking its ok to abuse young children which the catholic church has done in record numbers all around the world and continues to do it to this day.
Wow. Your throwing your net wide there. Members of the Church (possibly2%) where involved in abuse. They will be very hot in hell, come their time. The Church never thought it was ok to abuse young people...you are wrong. Yes, the Church was wrong, in many cover ups. Totally wrong.
The word of God non the less, teaches homosexual sex as deeply sinful, and harmful to ones eternal salvation.
Child abuse takes place in all walks of life...yet it is true, people in places of trust, the crime is so much more henious.
None of this takes away that homosexuality is harmful to society.

tours

« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2018, 07:01:42 PM »

Belief in the Bible, its called Faith. Simple.
I have a Cristian Faith.

James James

« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2018, 10:38:42 PM »
"Should same sex marriage be legal in Northern Ireland ?"

That's the title and the real topic of this thread,... and the subject of this topic is one of civil and legal rights and laws.

However, despite that, the same poster, as he always does, on every thread relating to this topic, has once again managed to change the topic of the thread, and turn it into an off topic debate about religious beliefs in respect of homosexuality,... and in particular, about his personal religious beliefs in respect of homosexuality,... and as always with this topic, he doesn't permit that anyone else can hold any opinion about the real topic of this thread, which doesn't reflect and agree with his own religious views about homosexuality.

Had the topic of the thread been the nutritional advisability or inadvisability of eating Mars bars, he could have and might have, similarly turned that into an equally irrelevant and equally off topic debate about religious views on obesity, had he wished to. !

The real topic of the thread isn't being discussed and commented on, it's been completely changed.

ExBuckfastdrinker

« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2018, 11:12:12 PM »
Yes, It's made up as they go along in an attempt to cope with the changing times.

Madness Creaky. I'm not gay myself but have no problem with them marrying.