Author Topic: Should same sex marriage be legal in Northern Ireland?  (Read 16184 times)

James James

Re: Should same sex marriage be legal in Northern Ireland?
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2018, 02:26:38 AM »
BTW,... since the real topic of the this thread has now been changed from one of civil and legal rights, to one of matters of personal religious belief and zealotry in respect of personal religiously based opinions about homosexuals,... what exactly might this statement be presumed to really mean... ?!

"Above all as a Roman Catholic Christian, the bible makes clear of eternal damnation for those partaking in the homosexual acts. My opinion and that of genuine Christian Churches "
http://www.belfastforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,71460.msg2015527.html#msg2015527

Might that not be obviously be taken to be suggesting that churches other than the Catholic Church might not be deemed be be "genuine Christian Churches". ?!

Might such a suggestion not be regarded as being sectarian, and is it not the case that comments which are sectarian are not permitted to be posted on this site. ?!

Creaky

« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2018, 08:48:36 AM »
Belief in the Bible, its called Faith. Simple.
I have a Cristian Faith.
You simply have not answered my questions in relation to your previous post. Please re-read the post and attempt some sort of credible reply.
Love will always  change to sorrow, but everyone must play the game. We're here today and gone tomorrow, but the world goes on the same.

Creaky

« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2018, 08:50:53 AM »

Madness Creaky. I'm not gay myself but have no problem with them marrying.   
Same as me. Live and let live.
Love will always  change to sorrow, but everyone must play the game. We're here today and gone tomorrow, but the world goes on the same.

brixmis

« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2018, 12:50:23 PM »
If two siblings can't get married, why not?
Or mother and son?
Grandfather and great niece?
Adult and child?
Answers given for Homosexuals to be allowed to get married.
They're not hurting anyone. Same for the above.
They love each other. Er possibly the same as above.
It's nobodies business but ours. Same for the above.

They are all illegal here and rightly so.
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers.
Support Soldier F. He's my brother.
Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

ExBuckfastdrinker

« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2018, 01:25:03 PM »

Sorry but i think you are just being silly. You are talking about incest and trying to compare it to gay marriage. You have presented no real argument against why gay marriage should not be allowed.

Or mother and son?
Adult and child?

ExBuckfastdrinker

« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2018, 01:29:23 PM »
I think in this video which i just found while watching another video of Bishop John Spong he explains a little bit about the misuse of the bible. He really is a smart man and a joy to listen to. I will post this video and i hope you guys watch it. It really is very interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coKnuBBsOF4

ExBuckfastdrinker

« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2018, 01:45:43 PM »
Wow. Your throwing your net wide there. Members of the Church (possibly2%) where involved in abuse. They will be very hot in hell, come their time. The Church never thought it was ok to abuse young people...you are wrong. Yes, the Church was wrong, in many cover ups. Totally wrong.
The word of God non the less, teaches homosexual sex as deeply sinful, and harmful to ones eternal salvation.
Child abuse takes place in all walks of life...yet it is true, people in places of trust, the crime is so much more henious.
None of this takes away that homosexuality is harmful to society.

2 percent, I think not. Also how is homosexuality harmful to society. What you have posted is not only hate speech but it is also untrue. Were is your proof to back up this outlandish claim. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coKnuBBsOF4

ExBuckfastdrinker

« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2018, 01:47:42 PM »
Belief in the Bible, its called Faith. Simple.
I have a Cristian Faith.

No what you have is your warped interruption of a religious text.

ExBuckfastdrinker

« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2018, 01:49:38 PM »
BTW,... since the real topic of the this thread has now been changed from one of civil and legal rights, to one of matters of personal religious belief and zealotry in respect of personal religiously based opinions about homosexuals,... what exactly might this statement be presumed to really mean... ?!

"Above all as a Roman Catholic Christian, the bible makes clear of eternal damnation for those partaking in the homosexual acts. My opinion and that of genuine Christian Churches "
http://www.belfastforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,71460.msg2015527.html#msg2015527

Might that not be obviously be taken to be suggesting that churches other than the Catholic Church might not be deemed be be "genuine Christian Churches". ?!

Might such a suggestion not be regarded as being sectarian, and is it not the case that comments which are sectarian are not permitted to be posted on this site. ?!

Questions you have asked are covered in this video also.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coKnuBBsOF4

Creaky

« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2018, 03:20:38 PM »
Or mother and son?
Adult and child?

What's all that about? Seems well off topic to me. There's even mention of paedophilia in there.

Creaky

« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2018, 03:45:54 PM »
I think in this video which i just found while watching another video of Bishop John Spong he explains a little bit about the misuse of the bible. He really is a smart man and a joy to listen to. I will post this video and i hope you guys watch it. It really is very interesting.

Thanks for posting that link. It's good to hear someone who has obviously studied the Bible in depth talking sense and not just putting their own blinkered views forward.

brixmis

« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2018, 03:53:47 PM »
What's all that about? Seems well off topic to me. There's even mention of paedophilia in there.
Yes, they're all illegal at the minute. But it wasn't that long ago that homosexuality was also illegal. BTW, I am not saying that these should be made legal. I'm just using them as comparisons.
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers.
Support Soldier F. He's my brother.
Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

ExBuckfastdrinker

« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2018, 04:54:25 PM »
Yes, they're all illegal at the minute. But it wasn't that long ago that homosexuality was also illegal. BTW, I am not saying that these should be made legal. I'm just using them as comparisons.

Sorry for replying to a post that was not directed at me but there is no comparison between incest and same sex marriage.

ExBuckfastdrinker

« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2018, 04:55:11 PM »
Thanks for posting that link. It's good to hear someone who has obviously studied the Bible in depth talking sense and not just putting their own blinkered views forward.

No problem. Glad you liked it.

Dot/dash

« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2018, 05:40:38 PM »
no problem with civil partnerships        ..      marriage  is between            a man and a woman          end off   
love me          love my gelding