Author Topic: Belfast trial of two Rugby players for rape  (Read 25821 times)

Billy Fish

Re: Belfast trial of two Rugby players for rape
« Reply #510 on: June 11, 2019, 07:35:46 PM »
IMHO .the fact that this Thread is constantly brought up, it can only be for reasons that are absolutely and utterly abhorrent to anyone with an ounce of empathy and understanding of what all the 5 youngsters and their families have gone through.
The constant long diatribes,the constant links,the posting of opinions by some individual no one has ever heard of,and whose opinion is merely-as the fashion today-to get into print-or hear their own voice.
To any right thinking person anywhere this is simply continuing to `milk the cow dry`and the cow was dry when the Jury gave their verdict.
Certain sections are all for Court rulings or judgments when it suits their own -but not when it comes out in favour of others-who are someone else`s own.
The texts disgust me and I thank the Lord none of our young ones would ever have written such words-neither would they have ever been at such an `event`for want of a better word.
Having said that-this is finished-and it should be finished-and as for those who delight in the fact  a couple of sponsors are getting on the bandwagon-well just maybe they are not too flush and see a way out of the cash commitment they made-who knows-using the excuse of the young man to extricate themselves-I doubt if its anything to do with `morals`.There are none in today`s commercial marketplace sadly-its corrupt.

jilly

O0 O0
Support Soldier F
Remember the bravery and deeds of the Men & Women of the USC, RUC, RUC Reserve, the UDR, PSNI, but most of all the British Army.

James James

« Reply #511 on: June 12, 2019, 01:27:29 AM »
Sponsor Diageo to meet London Irish over signing of Paddy Jackson

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/rugby/sponsor-diageo-to-meet-london-irish-over-signing-of-paddy-jackson-38198747.html
Well,... it certainly sounds as if the signing and the legal case has caused some sponsors to reconsider their relationship with the club,... and even the club is now acknowledging that.

"Diageo, in a statement released on Monday, has highlighted its concerns without making direct reference to Guinness's place as the Official beer of London Irish."

"We are meeting the club this week to discuss our serious concerns regarding their decision, which is not consistent with our values, read the statement."

"The London Irish website says  Guinness's "proud sponsorship" of the club began in 1992. As the club's longest standing sponsor, the website says Guinness is 'truly a part of the London Irish family'."

"A London Irish spokesman said: "London Irish's management were aware that Diageo would be releasing a statement regarding the meeting scheduled for this week."

"There has been ongoing dialogue with all of our sponsors regarding the Paddy Jackson signing, as part of our continued commitment to work closely with all of our partners."

jillyfred

« Reply #512 on: June 12, 2019, 10:30:41 AM »

WD I have always in any post from the beginning of this Thread mentioned 5 youngsters and their families.
The young Lady is one of the five as is her family.

These people are trying to get on with their lives and put the experience behind them as best they can.
Having it constantly resurrected merely causes them more pain and sets them back again.

Surely that cannot be fair to them by any stretch of the imagination-it is merely vindictive and extremely cruel to be honest.
IMHO of course as always.

jilly

PS I fail to see what my gender has to do with my opinions WD

White dee

« Reply #513 on: June 12, 2019, 10:43:52 AM »
WD I have always in any post from the beginning of this Thread mentioned 5 youngsters and their families.

These people are trying to get on with their lives and put the experience behind them as best they can.
Having it constantly resurrected merely causes them more pain and sets them back again.

Surely that cannot be fair to them by any stretch of the imagination-it is merely vindictive and extremely cruel to be honest.

jilly

Oh you did say five Jilly but,can you tell me where or when did you hear that all five
would like it to go away period, yes no doubt the other four want that, for obvious reasons
( themselves namely) but I doubt very much that Young Lady involve in this, would probably wish that this case not disappear, especially since the out come of this court
case is/was very suspect,

Justice for all the innocent/ unarmed People who were
Gunned down by the British Soldiers,
For no other reason then their religion,were murdered.

JackM

« Reply #514 on: June 12, 2019, 12:55:38 PM »

jilly

Hear, Hear, well said.  :)
Justice for the Massacred of La Mon and other atrocities.  The TRUTH will set them FREE.
Justice for the RUC and British Army. Support Soldier F

tours

« Reply #515 on: June 12, 2019, 05:22:28 PM »
Guinness and diageo have grave concerns about Jacksons involvement with London Irish.
Diageo, one of London Irish main sponsors.
Wonder what concerns Guinness have, that some on here don't....?
Jackson, the foul mouthed mysoginist....
Not a good role model for anyone, never mind kids.
'Roast Spit'... I mean, REALLY???

White dee

« Reply #516 on: June 14, 2019, 12:30:38 AM »

Well now it's official,
Diageo cancels sponsorship of London Irish after decision to sign Paddy Jackson

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/diageo-cancels-sponsorship-of-london-irish-after-decision-to-sign-paddy-jackson-38217299.html

Billy Fish

« Reply #517 on: June 14, 2019, 07:00:33 PM »
https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/diageo-cancels-sponsorship-of-london-irish-after-decision-to-sign-paddy-jackson-38217299.html

In their statement Diageo said the signing of Jackson was, quote 'not consistent with their values', unquote. They are however, happy enough to continue selling one of the most addictive drugs in the world, namely alcohol.  Seems a bit of double standards here, to say the least.  :D
Support Soldier F
Remember the bravery and deeds of the Men & Women of the USC, RUC, RUC Reserve, the UDR, PSNI, but most of all the British Army.

Joe Kerr

« Reply #518 on: June 14, 2019, 07:36:33 PM »

In their statement Diageo said the signing of Jackson was, quote 'not consistent with their values', unquote. They are however, happy enough to continue selling one of the most addictive drugs in the world, namely alcohol.  Seems a bit of double standards here, to say the least.  :D

Well done London Irish to sign Jackson

James James

« Reply #519 on: June 14, 2019, 08:59:08 PM »
Well possibly not really so "well done" for the club,... because if any loss of sponsorship that results as a consequence of the signing, prompts them to cancel his contract, the club will doubtless have to financially and expensively compensate him for the early cancellation of his contract.

James James

« Reply #520 on: June 14, 2019, 09:02:54 PM »
Well now it's official,
Diageo cancels sponsorship of London Irish after decision to sign Paddy Jackson

It makes one wonder if other sponsors of the club and other sponsors in other situation, may now decide to reconsider their own sponsorships as a result of Diageo's action and it's reasons for it.

Was it really such an unpredictable situation ?,... after all the national rugby authorities had already said that they wouldn't select him to play at national level, because of the nature of his involvement in the legal case.

White dee

« Reply #521 on: June 14, 2019, 09:34:08 PM »

'I think that Paddy Jackson is getting too much punishment'- Ireland legend Fergus Slattery disagrees with Diageo decision

https://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/i-think-that-paddy-jackson-is-getting-too-much-punishment-ireland-legend-fergus-slattery-disagrees-with-diageo-decision-38219511.html

BLOOMFIELD

« Reply #522 on: June 14, 2019, 10:17:20 PM »

Well said, Sir   :drinks:   and hold the Guinness.. ;)
Soldier F Supporter, equal Justice for all.

When will the I.R.A. pay Compensation to their Innocent Victims or Relatives.

James James

« Reply #523 on: June 14, 2019, 11:16:42 PM »

In their statement Diageo said the signing of Jackson was, quote 'not consistent with their values', unquote. They are however, happy enough to continue selling one of the most addictive drugs in the world, namely alcohol.  Seems a bit of double standards here, to say the least.
The critical argument about Guinness in terms of them being an alcohol maker and seller is a specious one.

Because alcohol is only harmful when consumed in excessive amounts, and indeed many medical experts say that when it is consumed in modest amounts, it can often be beneficial to health.

Was that critical argument about Guinness making and selling alcohol not so obviously baseless, the same argument could equally wrongly be used to criticise food manufacturers, simply because some people overeat to the point of becoming dangerously obese.

Nor is there even the slightest possibility that the public in any country in which alcohol is legally manufactured and sold would ever accept it's sale and consumption being made or being attempted to be made, illegal.

In any case, the nature of the business of the sponsor is completely irrelevant to their reasons for withdrawing their sponsorship, and everyone who is aware of that announcement is also well aware of that.

When however, has even the possibility of the commission of rape, ever been or is considered to be widely acceptable by the population of any civilised country. ?

tours

« Reply #524 on: June 15, 2019, 01:14:03 AM »

Your grasping at straws... 🙄