Author Topic: Belfast trial of two Rugby players for rape  (Read 28191 times)

jjmack

Re: Belfast trial of two Rugby players for rape
« Reply #60 on: March 17, 2018, 09:53:43 PM »
It certainly looks like from the testimony offered, the two guys are innocent. Unfortunately  looks like the young girl willingly, got in too deep.  :(
Wear your RED POPPY with PRIDE.  Lest we forget. BUY BRITISH.  Support the forces of LAW and ORDER, PAST and PRESENT. Justice for the BRITISH ARMY.

jillyfred

« Reply #61 on: March 19, 2018, 01:27:41 PM »

It certainly looks like from the testimony offered, the two guys are innocent. Unfortunately  looks like the young girl willingly, got in too deep.  :(
===
Well jjmack its now more or less up to the Jury I suppose.
Its been a very hard time for all involved -the press coverage alone has been damaging.
Its a position none of us would ever want to be in.
5 young lives-5 families -no matter what the verdict-a lot of damage has been done.
 :(

jjmack

« Reply #62 on: March 19, 2018, 07:26:30 PM »
===
Well jjmack its now more or less up to the Jury I suppose.
Its been a very hard time for all involved -the press coverage alone has been damaging.
Its a position none of us would ever want to be in.
5 young lives-5 families -no matter what the verdict-a lot of damage has been done.

Yes indeed jilly, let's hope justice is served. As you say lives have been damaged, possibly ruined. :(
Wear your RED POPPY with PRIDE.  Lest we forget. BUY BRITISH.  Support the forces of LAW and ORDER, PAST and PRESENT. Justice for the BRITISH ARMY.

ExBuckfastdrinker

« Reply #63 on: March 19, 2018, 10:57:41 PM »

You must have been listening to a different court case.

jillyfred

« Reply #64 on: March 23, 2018, 11:24:19 AM »

Yes indeed jilly, let's hope justice is served. As you say lives have been damaged, possibly ruined. :(
====
Yes as you say possibly ruined  jjmack-no matter what the Jury decides.
Hopefully this case will end sooner rather than later-the strain on all involves must be dreadful.

jillyfred

« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2018, 11:31:28 AM »

====
Its been a difficult one ExBuckfastdrinker and the Jury have a hard task ahead of them.
With 4 Defence QC`s having the last word makes it even more difficult in relation to the young Lady.
We can only hope they will see justice is done.
As I see it -there will be no winners- all will be losers-no matter what the verdict.
Just IMHO of course.

Bigali

« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2018, 11:41:12 AM »

Forgive me if I'm wrong , but to me you just seem to want the rugby players convicted no matter what .
Support Soldier F Support Soldier B

The courageous deeds and sacrifices of the RUC and UDR must never be airbrushed from history .

ExBuckfastdrinker

« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2018, 11:46:01 AM »

Forgive me if I'm wrong , but to me you just seem to want the rugby players convicted no matter what .

Your wrong and forgiven.

Bigali

« Reply #68 on: March 23, 2018, 12:00:41 PM »

And  you must have been following a different one from me.

The courageous deeds and sacrifices of the RUC and UDR must never be airbrushed from history .

Bigali

« Reply #69 on: March 23, 2018, 03:38:58 PM »
Your wrong and forgiven, again. Say 6 hail harry's and have a cup of tea.

Your interpretation of what was reported is obviously different from mine in that case .

BTW Presbyterians don't say hail anythings  :)

toadstool999

« Reply #70 on: March 24, 2018, 06:43:27 PM »
Whether or not you think these guys are scumbags, did the prosecution prove their case "beyond a reasonable doubt"?  It seems to me that this girl had one or two shandies too many and did some things she wouldn't have done while sober, and the two guys, who were also drunk,  took advantage of her state. I don't think that's rape.
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

jjmack

« Reply #71 on: March 24, 2018, 08:34:59 PM »
Me neither.

ExBuckfastdrinker

« Reply #72 on: March 24, 2018, 09:48:48 PM »

Whether or not you think these guys are scumbags, did the prosecution prove their case "beyond a reasonable doubt"?  It seems to me that this girl had one or two shandies too many and did some things she wouldn't have done while sober, and the two guys, who were also drunk,  took advantage of her state. I don't think that's rape.

I said there whats app texts make them sound like right scum bags. Regardless of a guilty or not guilty decision they are still scum bags in my eyes because of there texts. I was brought up to respect women not talk about them like these scum bags did.

tours

« Reply #73 on: March 26, 2018, 10:45:10 PM »
Courtesy of wee george (facebook)
So in any sport if you're fortunate enough to become a coach its fair to say there's a certain way you should conduct yourself on & off the field? Last night in a fast food outlet in Ballyhackamore former Ulster Rugby player & current Instonians RFC player/coach Roger Wilson thought it was ok to order his food by telling the staff to "hurry the [censored] up! on numerous occasions & then when two of his team mates entered the shop he continued to verbally abuse the staff accompanied by his team mates then all three started throwing food at the staff! I stood up & told the guys to wind they're knecks in & leave as the staff were asking them to leave & as they hurled more abuse they told me to sit down or they would put me down! Me sitting down did not happen! We all spilled out onto the street & as i was dealing with Roger Wilson & one of his team mates the other approached my friends car where his partner a 55 year old grandmother was sitting having a smoke & he took the cig from her mouth kissed her & told her he was" gonna take her home & [censored] her silly!" All three of these guys were wearing their club trousers ,shirts & ties so therefore still representing their club! As a player/coach & players at a well known rugby club where young players & young fans look up to & even idolise you they would conduct themselves in a certain manner but these guys last night were a disgrace to the club they play for & represent!

Bigali

« Reply #74 on: March 27, 2018, 08:10:34 AM »
Courtesy of wee george (facebook)
So in any sport if you're fortunate enough to become a coach its fair to say there's a certain way you should conduct yourself on & off the field? Last night in a fast food outlet in Ballyhackamore former Ulster Rugby player & current Instonians RFC player/coach Roger Wilson thought it was ok to order his food by telling the staff to "hurry the [censored] up! on numerous occasions & then when two of his team mates entered the shop he continued to verbally abuse the staff accompanied by his team mates then all three started throwing food at the staff! I stood up & told the guys to wind they're knecks in & leave as the staff were asking them to leave & as they hurled more abuse they told me to sit down or they would put me down! Me sitting down did not happen! We all spilled out onto the street & as i was dealing with Roger Wilson & one of his team mates the other approached my friends car where his partner a 55 year old grandmother was sitting having a smoke & he took the cig from her mouth kissed her & told her he was" gonna take her home & [censored] her silly!" All three of these guys were wearing their club trousers ,shirts & ties so therefore still representing their club! As a player/coach & players at a well known rugby club where young players & young fans look up to & even idolise you they would conduct themselves in a certain manner but these guys last night were a disgrace to the club they play for & represent!

When and whereabouts in Ballyhackamore did this alleged incident take place ? Was it reported to the police or is it just another of your unsubstantiated claims ? Of course since you lifted it from Facebook it's probably totally reliable .

And by the way , what has your post gt to do with a rape trial ?