Author Topic: Belfast trial of two Rugby players for rape  (Read 16660 times)

James James

Re: Belfast trial of two Rugby players for rape
« Reply #240 on: April 26, 2018, 05:03:26 AM »
25 April 2018"
https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/coleraine-rugby-club-fined-after-female-referee-targeted-with-abuse-36845237.html

"Coleraine Rugby Club fined after female referee targeted with abuse"

Quote,...

Coleraine Rugby Club has been issued with a fine by Ulster Rugby after a female referee was subjected to verbal sexist abuse from its members during a match last month.

The abuse came during a home game between Coleraine's First XV senior team against Dromore RFC in the Kukri Ulster Rugby Championships.

The BBC have reported that Derry referee Grainne Crabtree, a former City of Derry player, was the subject of personal sexist abuse during the match.

Ulster Rugby issued the club with a fine following a match on March 10.

A spokesperson for Ulster Rugby said it was aware of the incident.

"This was referred to the IRFU (Ulster Branch) Disciplinary Committee and the club was sanctioned appropriately," the spokesperson said.

ExBuckfastdrinker

« Reply #241 on: April 26, 2018, 09:57:19 PM »
Personally I think its a `class` thing.  ;)

Personally i think its a neanderthal thing.

derdrei

« Reply #242 on: May 15, 2018, 03:54:39 AM »
Did the uniformed haters pour drink down the defendants necks that night, Did the uniformed haters decide to have a house party in the early hours of the morning and most importantly did the uniformed haters make the defendants send them horrible explicit texts.  These lads acted like scum bags that's why they got sacked. Top shaggers me [censored].
that poor girl has went through hell .hope the get what they deserve .

ExBuckfastdrinker

« Reply #243 on: June 12, 2018, 11:06:09 PM »
I see spotlight tonight is about these two half wits. Its called Jury Verdict when is sex rape.https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0b61sdh

Bigali

« Reply #244 on: June 12, 2018, 11:10:03 PM »
I see spotlight tonight is about these two half wits. Its called Jury Verdict when is sex rape.https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0b61sdh

They were found not guilty , what part of that is so difficult to understand ? It's democracy in action the very system of law and order that we all vote for and abide by.

Great to see they have both been signed by other clubs .
Tout Prest

ExBuckfastdrinker

« Reply #245 on: June 12, 2018, 11:12:48 PM »
They were found not guilty , what part of that is so difficult to understand ? It's democracy in action the very system of law and order that we all vote for and abide by.

Never said i did not understand the verdict. I was simply pointing out spotlight NI which is on now on BBC1 NI is about these 2 scum bags.

HarryHippo

« Reply #246 on: June 12, 2018, 11:19:38 PM »
Never said i did not understand the verdict. I was simply pointing out spotlight NI which is on now on BBC1 NI is about these 2 scum bags.
Spotlight Ni  <  do me a favour.
Lux Et Veritas

Bigali

« Reply #247 on: June 12, 2018, 11:28:02 PM »

Scumbags ??? !!!

They and their texts messages are no different from thousands of other young men AND WOMEN of the same age , the difference being they were accused of rape and their messages scrutinised , other countless thousands of both sexes just get away with it .

I don't know you , maybe you have led a sheltered life , have you ever as a lone male found yourself in the company of a few women that have had a couple of drinks ? I have , and I can assure you it's like being in the lions den , the sole purpose being to humiliate the male of the species .
Tout Prest

HarryHippo

« Reply #248 on: June 12, 2018, 11:38:10 PM »
So you understand the verdict. you have just begun watching and you already have made a determination that ' these two are scumbags ' I have my views on  Spotlight and the BBC but i didnt think their propaganda was that powerful !!  ::)
Lux Et Veritas

ExBuckfastdrinker

« Reply #249 on: June 13, 2018, 01:12:35 AM »
Scumbags ??? !!!

They and their texts messages are no different from thousands of other young men AND WOMEN of the same age , the difference being they were accused of rape and their messages scrutinised , other countless thousands of both sexes just get away with it .

I don't know you , maybe you have led a sheltered life , have you ever as a lone male found yourself in the company of a few women that have had a couple of drinks ? I have , and I can assure you it's like being in the lions den , the sole purpose being to humiliate the male of the species .
Yes i enjoy the company of women, the more the better. But then again i dont have a problem with women or talking to them. Women dont like a foul mouth. Also the statement you just made about women is bold to say the least.

James James

« Reply #250 on: June 13, 2018, 03:41:00 AM »
I see spotlight tonight is about these two half wits. Its called Jury Verdict when is sex rape. https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0b61sdh
The victim and defendant in the programme are fictitious, as is the scenario of the dramatised alleged crime,... and perhaps it was an error of editorial judgement on the part of the BBC to even have mentioned in their description of the programme, the recent Belfast rugby players trial,... because the basic issue is a far wider one than only applies in respect of any one specific case.

"Jury Verdict: When is Sex Rape ?"

"Spotlight,... Following the acquittal of former Ulster rugby players in a long-running rape trial, Spotlight conducts a unique experiment to see what people understand by sexual consent."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0b61sdh

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-44458737

"When is Sex Rape ?"

My answer,... when, either before or during the act,... the potential victim says stop,... and the potential assailant doesn't stop.

That situation isn't a negotiation topic between the people involved,... and it isn't subject to personal interpretation,... it's an obligatory instruction,... and when that isn't understood and accepted,... and is ignored,... then a crime is committed.

Some people might not think so,... but,... would they still not think so, if they,... or a close friend or relative, was the victim. ?

jjmack

« Reply #251 on: June 13, 2018, 06:01:34 AM »

Very true. It's now high time to stop the persecution of these two individuals. Great to see both are now signed up and are able to start earning a crust again. After all, how many times do they need to be found not guilty ? Silly boys both of them, hopefully they have learned an abject lesson, regarding their use of social media. Some people however, would have been glad to see them unable to earn a livelihood, which is despicable. As for 'Spotlight', trust them to make a programme out of nothing, they have done it for years. One wonders what nonsense the TV licence payer is paying for ?  :)
Wear your RED POPPY with PRIDE.  Lest we forget. BUY BRITISH.  Support the forces of LAW and ORDER, PAST and PRESENT. Justice for the BRITISH ARMY.

Bigali

« Reply #252 on: June 13, 2018, 07:57:43 AM »
Yes i enjoy the company of women, the more the better. But then again i dont have a problem with women or talking to them. Women dont like a foul mouth. Also the statement you just made about women is bold to say the least.

Dunno about bold , just telling the truth.
Tout Prest

ExBuckfastdrinker

« Reply #253 on: June 13, 2018, 02:30:00 PM »
Dunno about bold , just telling the truth.
Yes well i have a different opinion of women. Maybe you asked for it.

jillyfred

« Reply #254 on: June 13, 2018, 03:14:30 PM »

Very true. It's now high time to stop the persecution of these two individuals. Great to see both are now signed up and are able to start earning a crust again. After all, how many times do they need to be found not guilty ? Silly boys both of them, hopefully they have learned an abject lesson, regarding their use of social media. Some people however, would have been glad to see them unable to earn a livelihood, which is despicable. As for 'Spotlight', trust them to make a programme out of nothing, they have done it for years. One wonders what nonsense the TV licence payer is paying for ?  :)
===
I shall second that JJmack.
Good they have now got clubs to go to.
Also,I hope the young girl is given the chance to get where she wants to go in her working life.
All 5 of the Family`s involved also need to be able to pick up their lives after all they have gone through.
Any decent person would only wish all those involved the very best for what the future holds.

jilly