Author Topic: Belfast trial of two Rugby players for rape  (Read 19190 times)

ExBuckfastdrinker

Re: Belfast trial of two Rugby players for rape
« Reply #255 on: June 13, 2018, 11:37:13 PM »
And here we see the true exbuckfastdrinker , when confronted with an opinion and experience that differs from his it's the old accusing question time , how small minded and childish , I thought you were more intelligent than that , just shows how wrong one can be at times.

You inferred women would not behave in a manner like that of the rugby players and I countered that by saying they would and do tying in a personal experience at the same time , where do you get me as a hater of women from that ?
I was not implying ALL women behave like that the same as not ALL young men get on the way you claim either.
And furthermore yes they were accused of rape as you say, they were also charged with rape by the PSNI and a group of barristers working for the PPS decided to take the case on. The PPS rarely takes a case on unless it has a high chance of winning that case.

HarryHippo

« Reply #256 on: June 13, 2018, 11:40:18 PM »
 :whistle:
Lux Et Veritas

White dee

« Reply #257 on: June 14, 2018, 12:58:04 AM »
They were found not guilty , what part of that is so difficult to understand ? It's democracy in action the very system of law and order that we all vote for and abide by.

Great to see they have both been signed by other clubs .

Who signed the two accused rapists Ali  ???
I'd like to help you out,which way did you come in.

jjmack

« Reply #258 on: June 14, 2018, 05:44:03 AM »

The two innocent men, you mean. Lol  :D
Wear your RED POPPY with PRIDE.  Lest we forget. BUY BRITISH.  Support the forces of LAW and ORDER, PAST and PRESENT. Justice for the BRITISH ARMY.

Bigali

« Reply #259 on: June 14, 2018, 01:17:09 PM »

Your wording is dangerously close to being  libellous , remember they were found not guilty and their legal teams are still monitoring social networks which include forums like this one. Just thought you should know.
Tout Prest

White dee

« Reply #260 on: June 14, 2018, 02:05:51 PM »
Your wording is dangerously close to being  libellous , remember they were found not guilty and their legal teams are still monitoring social networks which include forums like this one. Just thought you should know.

I'm shaking in my boots here Ali  ::)  glad you edited your original reply to me,
Made you sound kinda very whimsy, so now can you tell me who signed the
two accused ?  ???
I'd like to help you out,which way did you come in.

Bigali

« Reply #261 on: June 14, 2018, 02:11:35 PM »
I'm shaking in my boots here Ali  ::)  glad you edited your original reply to me,
two accused ?  ???

I didn't edit the reply it was removed along with several others of mine and exbuckfastdrinkers , that's the way the cookie crumbles on a forum sometimes.

I can't give an answer to your question as I'm not aware of any club having signed rapists.
Tout Prest

jillyfred

« Reply #262 on: June 14, 2018, 02:51:56 PM »

two accused ?  ???
White dee your well out of order with this one.
If there is any fairness on  the Forum the Mods will take you to task.
There are no `accused`-these young men were found `not guilty`.
Be honest-if it were two of your `republican boyos`you would be posting -well we all know well what you
would be posting!!!
jilly
PS If your aim in life is a 32 Republic your certainly not going the right way about it WD.

ExBuckfastdrinker

« Reply #263 on: June 14, 2018, 03:03:31 PM »
Very true. It's now high time to stop the persecution of these two individuals. Great to see both are now signed up and are able to start earning a crust again. After all, how many times do they need to be found not guilty ? Silly boys both of them, hopefully they have learned an abject lesson, regarding their use of social media. Some people however, would have been glad to see them unable to earn a livelihood, which is despicable. As for 'Spotlight', trust them to make a programme out of nothing, they have done it for years. One wonders what nonsense the TV licence payer is paying for ?  :)
To be fair JF and i am debating here a lot of people think they are guilty, now is it against the law to have a opinion? No thank goodness its not and there texts messages and conduct was highly inappropriate. Yes they were found not guilty but that does not include there conduct and the whatsapp messages they sent. Also what was in the message's  harrison told them to delete. Spotlight made a program due to public interest in the case so it was hardly out of nothing. After all it was not a average rape trail was it, jurors getting sick, the trail being stopped and then the trial sitting on the weekend. Thats hardly average and the public have a right to know.

ExBuckfastdrinker

« Reply #264 on: June 14, 2018, 03:11:31 PM »
The two innocent men, you mean. Lol  :D
They were found not guilty. No one is found innocent. There is a difference.
The terms not guilty and innocent are not uncommon and we are somewhat acquainted with them but, when someone asks what is the difference between not guilty and innocent, it becomes somewhat of a dilemma for many of us. Prima facie, it may appear that the two terms are synonymous and share the same meaning.
 However, this is a mistake, albeit a fair one. The terms are not uncommon and we are somewhat acquainted with them. The term Not Guilty is relatively easy to understand. Simply put, it represents one type of verdict or decision given at the conclusion of a criminal trial.
 Innocent, on the other hand, does not refer to the finding of Not Guilty. Its connotation is broader and encompasses a moral, philosophical, and religious aspect to it.
What in does Innocent mean?

The dictionary defines Innocent as the absence of guilt and acting in good faith without any knowledge of objections, defects, or illegal circumstances. In general, when the term Innocent is used, it is usually with reference to someoneís life, character, personality, or disposition. This means a person whose character is not known for committing crimes or viewed as someone not capable of inflicting harm. Such a view is based on the knowledge of that personís moral beliefs and values. From a legal perspective, however, the term may denote several different connotations that ultimately tends to blur the distinction between Innocent and Not Guilty.

As mentioned before, Not Guilty is a verdict given by a judge and/or jury at the end of a criminal trial. Given that, the prosecution must prove their case beyond reasonable doubt to convict the defendant.

Not Guilty verdict simply suggests that the prosecution was not able to prove their case beyond reasonable doubt. This verdict does not necessarily imply that the defendant is Innocent of the crime.

Thus, when a person is found Not Guilty by the court, that person may either be genuinely Innocent of the charge or he/she may have committed the crime, but there was insufficient evidence to prove it.
 In law, the term Innocent is used as a presumption; one that benefits the accused in that the defendant is presumed Innocent until proven guilty. Some may argue that an acquittal automatically signifies a personís innocence. This may be true from a legal perspective but as mentioned above it may not be the actual fact. Further, a person may be found Not Guilty of a particular offence but may be found guilty of another.
 For example, a person found Not Guilty of murder in the first degree, but convicted of murder in the second degree. Legally, the term Innocent may allude to a few instances and these may differ from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. However, the ideal way to understand Innocent, particularly to distinguish it from Not Guilty, is to remember that the latter is only a verdict and may not necessarily suggest that the person is in actuality, Innocent.

HarryHippo

« Reply #265 on: June 14, 2018, 03:13:22 PM »
 :read:
Lux Et Veritas

jillyfred

« Reply #266 on: June 14, 2018, 03:17:42 PM »

To be fair JF and i am debating here a lot of people think they are guilty, now is it against the law to have a opinion? No thank goodness its not and there texts messages and conduct was highly inappropriate. Yes they were found not guilty but that does not include there conduct and the whatsapp messages they sent. Also what was in the message's  harrison told them to delete. Spotlight made a program due to public interest in the case so it was hardly out of nothing. After all it was not a average rape trail was it, jurors getting sick, the trail being stopped and then the trial sitting on the weekend. Thats hardly average and the public have a right to know.
===
I hear what you are saying ExBuckfastdrinker.
All I will say is it is not right to keep on and on at this -there are 5 young lives,5 families -the public need to just stop
`dining out `on it.
To me that just smacks of -well-something rather nasty.
jilly

Creaky

« Reply #267 on: June 14, 2018, 04:57:55 PM »

[]Paddy Jackson who was proven innocent has been signed by French team Perpignan while Stuart Olding who was also proven innocent has been signed by French team Brive.

The truth has set them free.
Love will always  change to sorrow, but everyone must play the game. We're here today and gone tomorrow, but the world goes on the same.

HarryHippo

« Reply #268 on: June 14, 2018, 05:37:20 PM »

Cant argue with that  ;)
Lux Et Veritas

HarryHippo

« Reply #269 on: June 14, 2018, 05:38:09 PM »
 O0
Lux Et Veritas