Author Topic: Tudor Lodge Private Nursing Home. Downshire Road, Newry  (Read 657 times)

AJC130

Tudor Lodge Private Nursing Home. Downshire Road, Newry
« on: February 03, 2018, 12:30:09 AM »
This is where I was born 1947 could anyone tell me more about this place ?

BC50

Re: Tudor Lodge Private Nursing Home. Downshire Road, Newry
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018, 11:44:47 PM »
If this residence was built before 1850 and was the only Tudor residence on Downshire, it used to belong to my Great Great Great Grandfather John Corbett Esq.  My 2 x Greaat Grandmother delivered her 5 children at the residence.  Twins daughters in 1839, another daughter in 1841 and a daughter in 1844.  The last child, my Great Grandfather was born there in 1850.  I was there last May and was able to drive by the residence but I did not want to disturb anyone by asking to see the inside.  I was told it is now, again, a private residence. 
John Corbett Esq was the N.P. in Newry in the early 1800's and the Churchwarden at the old church on the hill. 

I am not sure if this is of interest to you or if you were looking for more currant information.  This is all the information I have.  I am still trying to find the location and name of my 3x Great Grandmother (John's wife) and of my 2x Great Grandmother (Marianna Corbett Blayney).

Marleen