Author Topic: Tiffen’s living at 3 Tavanagh Antrim in 1900-1936  (Read 406 times)

Easyliving

Tiffen’s living at 3 Tavanagh Antrim in 1900-1936
« on: February 07, 2018, 07:18:36 PM »
Any info on my father in laws ancestors living at above address in 1901 census. He was a grandson with the last name McMaster in 1901 census but living in Tiffen household. In 1911 census, he was grandson but last name Tiffen. Trying to find info on his mother, Elizabeth, and his father?? Samuel McMaster?? Any help would be wonderful. Plannning to visit in March to Belfast from Canada. Thanking in advance, N Tiffen

CMcG

Re: Tiffen’s living at 3 Tavanagh Antrim in 1900-1936
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 07:58:56 PM »
See my response at Reply #12 - #13 and others at the following link:

http://www.belfastforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,71216.0.html

You may want to contact the person with the username 'CregaghSarah', who was enquiring about these folk in the first place.

If there are any images posted above that are important to you, take your own copy - I cannot guarantee they will appear indefinitely.

CregaghSarah

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2018, 01:54:48 PM »
I've returned your message. :)

Nice to finally have some distant relative connections!

Sarah

Brunyee

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2019, 01:55:53 PM »
New to the site and not sure how it works.  You were searching for Ebenezer and Eliza Tiffen and their family.  My Father had the official birth certificate for Samuel John Tiffen which was Gwalior India - this is where I discovered his father's regiment.  Samuel John is my great grandfather.

CregaghSarah

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2019, 08:03:52 AM »
Hi Brunyee! I've sent you a message!

Brunyee

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2019, 09:46:18 AM »
Hi Sarah.  Thanks for getting back to me so fast.  Obviously you can see my research online but I'm excited that I've found someone else from our family.  Dad knew the Irish family but he has passed on now. 
I've looked at Eliza Graham - many of the Grahams in N Ireland seem to be Catholic (she may have been Catholic???) but she may also have come from a military family. 
There are 'muster rolls' in London that have not been organised and made public.  (These are army rolls). These could very well shed more light on Eliza and Ebenezer's life together.
I have been concentrating on my Welsh family recently but I will have a look back at the Tiffens to refresh my memory.
I think - from memory - that Ebenezer's brother, William, signed up around the same time.  There are Tiffens in London/Essex but not our Tiffens yet.
I came across baby Ebenezer quite by chance recently and realised there were twins in the family.
Many thanks to Sam Barry and CMcG for your work - much appreciated.                                                                         
Do you have your tree online Sarah?
I will have a look and see if I have any pictures.
Anne.