Author Topic: Northern Ireland has the highest rate of suicide in the UK  (Read 12590 times)

tours

Re: Northern Ireland has the highest rate of suicide in the UK
« Reply #105 on: August 23, 2019, 04:28:16 PM »
Very sad news and no help it seems from anyone up the hill 15 lives lost  to suicide this past two weeks  :(
God Bless them. Very sad. RIP

tours

« Reply #106 on: August 23, 2019, 04:32:43 PM »
The best way for those with same sex attraction, in avoiding suicide, is not to physically act out those sinnful/destructive feelings.[/size]It's a spiral of downward madness there after, when they do. Follow the teaching's of the Bible, and seek support from the right people.There is support out there, to prevent the chaos....

[/size]
Are you for real??? Who are the right people??? One of those 'right people' who followed the bible and was one of the Pope's right hand men has just this week lost his appeal against his sentence for child abuse. Unfortunately one of his victims didn't live to see justice done. [/size]
As for spiral of downward madness, I think you are in the grips. [/size]
The frailties of men are everywhere.
A homosexual life style is soul destroying.
No good comes of it.
Differ all you want.... It's your perogative.
There is much research done on the negatives, of living out a homosexual lifestyle. This is before we even talk about the Bible and one's eternal soul.

Belle Fast

« Reply #107 on: August 24, 2019, 02:03:09 AM »
It would be very interesting to see some evidence of the reseach you mention tours. I'm pleased to see women in a loving relationship escape your wrath.

Billy Fish

« Reply #108 on: August 24, 2019, 09:07:53 AM »
The best way for those with same sex attraction, in avoiding suicide, is not to physically act out those sinnful/destructive feelings.[/size]It's a spiral of downward madness there after, when they do. Follow the teaching's of the Bible, and seek support from the right people.There is support out there, to prevent the chaos....

[/size]
Are you for real??? Who are the right people??? One of those 'right people' who followed the bible and was one of the Pope's right hand men has just this week lost his appeal against his sentence for child abuse. Unfortunately one of his victims didn't live to see justice done. [/size]
As for spiral of downward madness, I think you are in the grips. [/size]

Shuuuuuuch. Your not supposed to raise such factual matters.  ::)
Support Soldier F
Remember the bravery and deeds of the Men & Women of the USC, RUC, RUC Reserve, the UDR, PSNI, but most of all the British Army.

BigCol

« Reply #109 on: August 25, 2019, 12:02:52 PM »
Yeah any chance of seeing this research of which there is 'much'? Doubtless peer-reviewed and based on scientific methodology.

Ballymurphygirl

« Reply #110 on: August 25, 2019, 12:13:12 PM »
The frailties of men are everywhere.
A homosexual life style is soul destroying.
No good comes of it.
Differ all you want.... It's your perogative.
There is much research done on the negatives, of living out a homosexual lifestyle. This is before we even talk about the Bible and one's eternal soul.
your suggestion that ppl are committing suicide because of  being gay is absolutly ludicrous Tours away n give your head a wobble fgs 15 deathes  in a fortnight  in Belfast recently and all you speak of is this  ::) :( are you out helping the communities to highlight the need for help ?   ppl like you have no place in a christen society you forget s few things bout your faith   like love  they neighbour  :( like all faiths you interpret the bible as you see fit
The truth will set you free . I support Ballymurphy & Derry families Justice for the innocent

Bigali

« Reply #111 on: August 25, 2019, 03:28:58 PM »
your suggestion that ppl are committing suicide because of  being gay is absolutly ludicrous Tours away n give your head a wobble fgs 15 deathes  in a fortnight  in Belfast recently and all you speak of is this  ::) :( are you out helping the communities to highlight the need for help ?   ppl like you have no place in a christen society you forget s few things bout your faith   like love  they neighbour  :( like all faiths you interpret the bible as you see fit

I donít often agree with you BMG but I do this time.
Support Soldier F Support Soldier B

The courageous deeds and sacrifices of the RUC and UDR must never be airbrushed from history .

HarryHippo

« Reply #112 on: August 25, 2019, 07:26:10 PM »
your suggestion that ppl are committing suicide because of  being gay is absolutly ludicrous Tours away n give your head a wobble fgs 15 deathes  in a fortnight  in Belfast recently and all you speak of is this  ::) :( are you out helping the communities to highlight the need for help ?   ppl like you have no place in a christen society you forget s few things bout your faith   like love  they neighbour  :( like all faiths you interpret the bible as you see fit
I agree with you BMG ... but everyone has a place no matter their beliefs ... our old Tours has his .. he sees it differently  .away and boil your head.  ;)
Lux Et Veritas.

Ballymurphygirl

« Reply #113 on: August 26, 2019, 03:00:01 AM »
I agree with you BMG ... but everyone has a place no matter their beliefs ... our old Tours has his .. he sees it differently  .away and boil your head.  ;)
:-\  I have no problem with differences of opinion Mr  :( We all hold our own beliefs like you say  :( But   thereís a difference in preaching the bible   ĒHe who  casts the first stone   and all that  :)
The truth will set you free . I support Ballymurphy & Derry families Justice for the innocent

Ballymurphygirl

« Reply #114 on: August 26, 2019, 03:02:08 AM »
I donít often agree with you BMG but I do this time.
ooooo mummyyyyy I near pasted out there  :) Itís a terrible thing thatís happening in all our communities  :( May your God go with you  :P

James James

« Reply #116 on: August 26, 2019, 11:44:25 PM »
Belfast anti suicide rally,... and the comments that NICOLE KING AND ANNE-FRANCES MCCREA and others, made about the continuing and tragic issue.

"24 AUG 2019"

https://www.belfastlive.co.uk/news/belfast-news/watch-west-belfast-youth-gives-16810684

"Watch: ... West Belfast youth gives message of hope to those in need"

"We are absolutely sick of waking up and finding out that we have lost another friend or loved one to suicide"

"IT'S O.K. TO NOT BE O.K. ."

The reason or cause for not being O.K. is of much less relevance than the solution,... only the potential solution is hugely relevant.

BigCol

« Reply #117 on: August 29, 2019, 02:25:11 PM »
Yeah any chance of seeing this research of which there is 'much'? Doubtless peer-reviewed and based on scientific methodology.

So that would be a 'no' then.?

Ballymurphygirl

« Reply #118 on: August 29, 2019, 09:33:11 PM »
Just read your link JamesJames very sad. The rate of suicide in Belfast recently is heart breaking  :(

James James

« Reply #119 on: August 31, 2019, 03:45:31 AM »
Just read your link JamesJames very sad. The rate of suicide in Belfast recently is heart breaking  :(
Sure is,... but the awareness of it, and the much local determination and actions to try to alleviate the extent of the problem is very positive, and worthy of encouragement and support and wider awareness.