Author Topic: Northern Ireland has the highest rate of suicide in the UK  (Read 22332 times)

James James

Re: Northern Ireland has the highest rate of suicide in the UK
« Reply #120 on: August 31, 2019, 03:53:31 AM »
Is this not the link that's it's most important to try to break. ?

syriana

« Reply #121 on: September 01, 2019, 09:27:03 AM »
What a depressing thread!  Just reading it would give you suicidal thoughts.
No answer is an answer.

Billy Fish

« Reply #122 on: September 01, 2019, 09:53:17 AM »

Very depressing indeed.  :(
Support Soldier F
Remember the bravery and deeds of the Men & Women of the USC, RUC, RUC Reserve, the UDR, PSNI, but most of all the British Army.

Ballymurphygirl

« Reply #123 on: September 01, 2019, 10:05:53 PM »
really !!! Surely awareness should be supported yes itís sad but it sure wouldnít make me feel suicidal 
The truth will set you free . I support Ballymurphy & Derry families Justice for the innocent

Bigali

« Reply #124 on: September 01, 2019, 10:17:23 PM »
Iím as depressed as a lorry load of depressed things that have a special reason for being depressed and that depression was brought on by reading all the depressed things on this depressive thread.

:girl_cray:

Stop the thread itís dead already !  :stop:
Support Soldier F Support Soldier B

The courageous deeds and sacrifices of the RUC and UDR must never be airbrushed from history .

syriana

« Reply #125 on: September 01, 2019, 10:49:50 PM »
really !!! Surely awareness should be supported yes itís sad but it sure wouldnít make me feel suicidal

Most sensible people are aware of this enduring problem and would have absolutely no objections to their awareness being heightened from time to time.   However, I would be concerned for the mental health of someone who thinks that it is necessary to introduce and keep reintroducing a thread on the subject of suicide over a period of eighteen months.  It is indictative of an unhealthy fixation with the subject.
No answer is an answer.

Ballymurphygirl

« Reply #126 on: September 01, 2019, 11:09:42 PM »
Most sensible people are aware of this enduring problem and would have absolutely no objections to their awareness being heightened from time to time.   However, I would be concerned for the mental health of someone who thinks that it is necessary to introduce and keep reintroducing a thread on the subject of suicide over a period of eighteen months.  It is indictative of an unhealthy fixation or perhaps Obsession-compulsive disorder (OCD)
[/quote maybe itís  being  highlighted once again as there has been 16 lives taken in the past fortnight and very little input from anyone in authority asking questions as to why  ??? mind you Iím only  guessing this I guess people donít know where to turn for help  :(  I donít know whoís  mental health you would be concerned about bout to suggest the have OCD is  bit over the top  maybe the poster is trying to introduce debate  ???  after all thatís what some forums do is it not  ???
The truth will set you free . I support Ballymurphy & Derry families Justice for the innocent

Bigali

« Reply #127 on: September 01, 2019, 11:24:51 PM »
I really donít care whether you think me heartless or not but a lot of the suicides of young people is quite simply todayís society attitude that everyone is a winner in life and if something bad happens to them it must be the end of the world as they know it and of course most importantly it must be someone elseís fault. FACT , life is hard , you WILL experience setbacks, you will be DISAPPOINTED , FACT ,learn to put it down to experience, learn that things will most definitely not always go your way , and most importantly for young people learn that THE WORLD DOES NOT REVOLVE AROUND YOU !
Support Soldier F Support Soldier B

The courageous deeds and sacrifices of the RUC and UDR must never be airbrushed from history .

James James

« Reply #128 on: September 02, 2019, 12:22:00 AM »
"Suicide Awareness and Support Group"   "209 Falls Road"
https://www.facebook.com/suicideawarenessandsupportgroup/

"29th August 2019"

"We would like to take this opportunity to send out thanks to the guys up at the Rock Bar who presentented our staff with a cheque for a MASSIVE £1948"

"This money allows us to continue to support families bereaved through suicide and allow us to keep providing counselling sessions."

"From the bottom of our hearts we thank you very much..."

tours

« Reply #129 on: September 02, 2019, 12:25:55 AM »
Most sensible people are aware of this enduring problem and would have absolutely no objections to their awareness being heightened from time to time.   However, I would be concerned for the mental health of someone who thinks that it is necessary to introduce and keep reintroducing a thread on the subject of suicide over a period of eighteen months.  It is indictative of an unhealthy fixation with the subject.
Don't read it then.
If you don't think the awful rise in suicides in Belfast isn't worth discussing, we'll, I mean really???
Unless you want to live in your own little bubble....
Something is broken in this society...

syriana

« Reply #130 on: September 02, 2019, 04:08:20 PM »
I really donít care whether you think me heartless or not but a lot of the suicides of young people is quite simply todayís society attitude that everyone is a winner in life and if something bad happens to them it must be the end of the world as they know it and of course most importantly it must be someone elseís fault. FACT , life is hard , you WILL experience setbacks, you will be DISAPPOINTED , FACT ,learn to put it down to experience, learn that things will most definitely not always go your way , and most importantly for young people learn that THE WORLD DOES NOT REVOLVE AROUND YOU !

Articulating common sense isnít being heartless Ali. For three years after I retired I was volunteer counsellor for a well known local charity. I counselled over 150 people in that time all over the province.  You are right sometimes there were people who were in genuine need and required many follow-up visits but there were definitely others who wallowed in self-pity - they usually felt much better after having someone to talk to. 
No answer is an answer.

jillyfred

« Reply #131 on: September 02, 2019, 05:05:05 PM »
===
A true and factual post Ali.

That`s sadly how it is in most cases.

In all generations before mine ,and mine, we just got on with whatever hand we were dealt.No names no packdrill.
When a boy or girl broke up with us we did not go to a wood and hang ourselves-or take and overdose.
Such things as drugs of course had no place in our environment-and hanging oneself would never have crossed our minds.

Today`s youngsters in some communities are given all the material stuff they ask for-its a way for the parents to avoid parenting as it should be.
Therefore,these children think this is how life will be for them-so when they find an occasion when this is not the case they simply do not have the moral fibre to behave normally and so join the suicide train.
Until normal family values and life are returned to our society this will go on.
Mental health is a great excuse-but its just that-and excuse IMHO.
The cure is to return to traditional society and family life where a Mother and Father bring children into this world with love within a loving marriage.
jilly

jillyfred

« Reply #132 on: September 02, 2019, 05:13:50 PM »
====
Exactly Syriana.
Everyone who has access to any Media outlets whasoever is well aware of this trend.
Not only that,many have first hand knowledge of it in their own areas.
For someone to continually `dine out `on the subject IMHO is questionable in the extreme.

jilly

syriana

« Reply #133 on: September 02, 2019, 05:59:44 PM »
====
Exactly Syriana.
Everyone who has access to any Media outlets whasoever is well aware of this trend.
Not only that,many have first hand knowledge of it in their own areas.
For someone to continually `dine out `on the subject IMHO is questionable in the extreme.

jilly

A particular poster on here appears to spend a lot of his time trawling the internet for posts which reflect negatively on Belfast.  When this topic was first introduced on February 2018 - I honestly thought that it was more about criticism of our "incompetent British" social services involved in mental health than an genuine empathetic concern for potential high risk suicide victims.
No answer is an answer.

Ballymurphygirl

« Reply #134 on: September 02, 2019, 06:30:03 PM »
A particular poster on here appears to spend a lot of his time trawling the internet for posts which reflect negatively on Belfast.  When this topic was first introduced on February 2018 - I honestly thought that it was more about criticism of our "incompetent British" social services involved in mental health than an genuine empathetic concern for potential high risk suicide victims.
I wouldnít consider it being anything to do with ď incompetent British ď anything itís seems to be the sign of tue times today , our generation n the ones before seem to have handled things better I maybe wrong bout this and then I remembered a couple from bk in the day when  I was younger  ď before the troubles ď where wimmin and May I say one or two men did comit suicide in the 60s it was all very sad then   I knew a young girl onced who probably bout ten twelve yrs ago who after being told of missing teenagers did go out n help to look for people and did find thier bodies then went to help the families ( that young girl is now RIP through illness ) no one knows what goes through ppls minds I dontvknow maybe we were better equip to handle ď get on with it ď so we did but the grip suicide  has today is just awful I think the same thing happened in England a few yrs ago where there seemed to have been a spate of young ones committing suicide I guess the sympathy lies for me with the families who have no answers  :(